It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

The path appears to be just ahead, the only way to get to it is to bridge the gap with links.
I can see the questions just beyond the gap.

Springer...

I think this is the biggest clue we've got!! It's drenched in foreshadowing!

"I can see the questions just beyong the gap." ...... "the only way to get to it is to bridge the gap with links."

followed by a smile.... come on!!!

Something tells me the only way to get to the questions is to spread the LINK. Can we say urchin tracker??

Maybe the only way to start the game is to get the site out first.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Street Scholar

Originally posted by Springer

The path appears to be just ahead, the only way to get to it is to bridge the gap with links.
I can see the questions just beyond the gap.

Springer...

I think this is the biggest clue we've got!! It's drenched in foreshadowing!

"I can see the questions just beyong the gap." ...... "the only way to get to it is to bridge the gap with links."

followed by a smile.... come on!!!

Something tells me the only way to get to the questions is to spread the LINK. Can we say urchin tracker??

Maybe the only way to start the game is to get the site out first.

...we've already done that and it changed from "begin" to "Mission Engaged."

Springer's clue was posted when it simply said "begin..."

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by JebusSaves
can someone give me a catch up from beginning to now?

We are apparently still at the beginning, no correct answers found yet.

This is where we are still at:

Mission engaged.

RESPOND ("/[answer].html")

[edit on 8/6/2006 by Mechanic 32]

OK, so what general area are we searching?
Post related?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We hear you Street Scholar, that is how we came this far, by spreading the link to the game.

Then at ref: 25, the current page appeared.

Mission engaged.

RESPOND ("/[answer].html")

So you think we still have to circulate the link for more hits, to get better clues??

[to JebusSaves] - Some are looking into the Space Shuttle STS28, others are looking for clues in some of the older threads.

I am just twiddling my thumbs, as I have come up dry on everything I was hoping to find. Without some better clues this seems very futile.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Who is HUNT_ADMIN, I have never seen him before...

haha this is my first time, man I sure would love to have his autograph right about now, hehehe

do we need more links or....

Does this mean anything "Your response is not correct." on the rendlesham page?

So the date is dead, the countdown is still going down, do we have anything else, that is anything looking like a possible piece to the puzzle, any leads guys?

[edit on 6-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just received applause for my post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, I am not sure whether I unknowingly hit upon some clue or simply received applause for keeping the game on track and clarifying that issue.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
after reading the last three pages I´m pretty sure we need to focus on 'rendlesham.html' and the resulting clock.

This 'rendlesham.html' came out of the blue by a new member. Interesting!

en.wikipedia.org... Reading now...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Truth4hire]

*lol* I`m seriously just a new member who decided to register because the game looked fun- not a plant, if that`s the inference.
One of the mods here should be able to confirm that.

At this point, I agree the rendlesham answer is probably to a future question, and I`m as lost as everyone else...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted, but the new error message for the rendleshem (sp) answer is:

Your response is not correct.

Your mission is active.

35 hours, 5 minutes, and 19 seconds for correct response.

Earlier when I checked, "Your mission is active" was not there.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here we go again, I'll join in as soon as I get home from my family BBQ

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Not sure if this has been posted, but the new error message for the rendleshem (sp) answer is:

Your mission is active.

Earlier when I checked, "Your mission is active" was not there.

I can absolutely confirm that line was not there either when I first entered the answer last night. They changed the response...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling it means somone somewhere answered #1 correctly. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

...we've already done that and it changed from "begin" to "Mission Engaged."

Springer's clue was posted when it simply said "begin..."

Sorry I missed some of of the game... like anyone else who wasn't there the moment the site popped up, I never saw it before "Mission Engaged." (unless you happened to browse page 4
woops) I've gone back and reread all the pages now.

Thank you Mech32 for explaining to me what is going on in a friendly way. Now that I've got my order of events together, I don't think spreading the link is necessarily part of this clue (granted you know it will later on if things pick up speed). Still brainstorming... maybe a shower will help.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Your mission is active.

O.k., I`m just throwing out ideas here but...what if 'rendlesham.html' is a future answer, and I stepped out of continuity when I posted it here- so the admins went back and changed the response to include the line 'your mission is active'- active, in the sense that clues do exist and we need to follow those, rather than just trying random ufo-related words as I was doing last night? I think there`s a track and they might be trying to put us back onto it...

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think we should be focusing on the alien encounters over the past years

all the way since 1947 in Roswell, NM

there is something about all these stories

here is a site about how they debunked the stories Space.com

www.space.com...

does any think that
Mission engaged.

means or talking about ATS's mission statment

ATS's mission is to what, deny ignorance or what anyone know?????

This is what i have got---www.abovetopsecret.com...

(rats mission statement) RATS Returns To Original Intended Purpose
(ats mission) Is ATS currently meeting its mission to "deny ignorance"?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

However, I am not sure whether I unknowingly hit upon some clue or simply received applause for keeping the game on track and clarifying that issue.

You guys and gals are way overcomplicating this. First, this is a game. Even though the answers were tough on FATE, they were pretty straightforward once we knew them.

In FATE, we had to reach 150 links before we could continue the questions.

I'm strongly leaning to the fact the there will be a different message for different level of links.

First, it was "begin..." with zero links.
Now, we have "Mission engaged." at 25 links.

Me thinks that there will be an even different message possibly at 50 links, 75, 100, 125, 150, etc...

This is a way of keeping us "engaged" without having to display the "r" counter all the time.

It should become apparent that this game, while in play, is a moving target to the admins. Sure, the questions are laid out, but the clues and responses to wrong answers are being made up as we play it out.

"Mission engaged" is, in my opinion, not a clue but a marker as to how many links we have. It simply states that we have enough links to engage the mission, which is to ultimately win the website.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

You guys and gals are way overcomplicating this. First, this is a game. Even though the answers were tough on FATE, they were pretty straightforward once we knew them.

In FATE, we had to reach 150 links before we could continue the questions.

I'm strongly leaning to the fact the there will be a different message for different level of links.

First, it was "begin..." with zero links.
Now, we have "Mission engaged." at 25 links.

Me thinks that there will be an even different message possibly at 50 links, 75, 100, 125, 150, etc...

This is a way of keeping us "engaged" without having to display the "r" counter all the time.

It should become apparent that this game, while in play, is a moving target to the admins. Sure, the questions are laid out, but the clues and responses to wrong answers are being made up as we play it out.

"Mission engaged" is, in my opinion, not a clue but a marker as to how many links we have. It simply states that we have enough links to engage the mission, which is to ultimately win the website.

Simply being a different message doesn't explain why the "respond" instructions suddenly appeared, unless there is a response we need to input.

I'm not sure why you quoted my post to go on your little rant. I was simply letting people know that a mod gave me 500 bonus points for my contribution to the thread.

A member of the forum staff, [withholding name -Cut], has applauded your activity on this thread titled, Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com. Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums. You received a 500 point bonus, keep up the good work. Do not reply to this U2U.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Cutwolf]

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cutwolf:

Kind of harsh in your response, eh?

I thought the link you posted was why you received the applause, hence why I quoted it.

Time will tell, wont it. I'm going to follow what we learned in the last game and "LISTEN". I wasn't ranting, simply giving my opinion on the situation.

If anything, I was trying to agree with what I thought your assessment was; to spread the links. The post was not directed or intented to criticize you.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
so there are applauses being given out for peoples efforts on the game, I suppose his format is what we should follow, if he got an applause that means it was on track or either just right and helpful, I know alot of us have been giving alot into this game, but never see applauses, but this should help us be able to look foward to more than just this question, more motivation

good job cutwolf

but lets keep on track, just a little miscommunication

we can get this guys, i know it has to be right here

Mission engaged.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I created this list to help me think. Its not helping but it might help one of you.

Mission:
• Assignment
• Task
• Job
• Work
• Charge
• Undertaking
• Duty
• Operation
• Chore
• Commission
• Process
• Action
• Act
• Procedure
• Maneuver
• Function
• Course of action
• Enterprise
• Activity
• Project
• Venture

Engaged:
• Started
• In progress
• On going
• Happening
• On track
• Proceeding
• Taking place
• Busy
• Occupied
• Unavailable

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Cutwolf:

Kind of harsh in your response, eh?

I thought the link you posted was why you received the applause, hence why I quoted it.

Time will tell, wont it. I'm going to follow what we learned in the last game and "LISTEN". I wasn't ranting, simply giving my opinion on the situation.

If anything, I was trying to agree with what I thought your assessment was; to spread the links. The post was not directed or intented to criticize you.

Meh. Tone is lost in text. I didn't intend that to come off as harsh at all. My apologies if it came across as such.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join