It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 199
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
A historical well known one? Did it perhaps cause an international incident?? hmmmm

He said it was 'somewhat' well known. Somewhat well known in ufology circles I believe is what he meant.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm still searching with the slant of 'operation' ,
being a synonym for ..............* no project *
and
'soviet' as replacement for ....* no Russians *

tried

(operation)paperclip
(operation)silverbug
(operation)chariot
(operation)plowshare

lrv (u.s. nuclear flying saucer)
mirv(multiplyindependentreentryvehicle)

firstlightning(soviet bomb test)
gnome

And I think, about every name associated with
Kecksburg
and
Mexican Roswell.

Arrrgggghhh.

Shouldn't we be expecting another clue? I know I've had to refresh my countdown.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Jbird]

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1

Originally posted by AGENT_T
A historical well known one? Did it perhaps cause an international incident?? hmmmm

He said it was 'somewhat' well known. Somewhat well known in ufology circles I believe is what he meant.

So what do we have

Battle of LA
ufo's over Washington DC
Aurora, TX

ah, just found this list of crashes by date and location

www.ufologie.net...

lottsa info, here.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What did Hunt say and why am I just hearing about this now?

Is the question still the same?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm still thinking that swamp gas is relevent and have been looking at the Dexter, Michigan episodes.

The biggest problem seems to be nailing down "but Little". Google isn't case sensitive and "little" is a pretty common word.

I jumped out of bed at about 6:00am thinking I had the answer. No Project = what, if anything, came after Project Blue Book; No Russians = no Russians; but Little = a man's last name. X-Files, freedom, Malcolm Little. I typed in "x.html".
. I went back to bed.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
What did Hunt say and why am I just hearing about this now?

Is the question still the same?

Nothing too big, just making sure we were still working on the game- and said to remember the subjects of the recent clues/answers while we're researching. I was going to bed last night when he got on, and this is the first that I've had a chance to post.

Question's still the same.

You haven't been in chat lately Cutwolf, tsk tsk tsk... haha jk.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Friday I drove 5 hours. And then yesterday and today I've been gaming it up on Madden 2007.

We better get this all done before Thursday, sheesh. I start my 20 hour drive back to LSU Thursday and won't arrive until Friday evening.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Friday I drove 5 hours. And then yesterday and today I've been gaming it up on Madden 2007.

You should be 'gaming it up' on AllTheUFOAnswers.com and winning yourself a sumo and a site! lol

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have a question, please, if someone would help me I would appreciate it.....

In question 58, where did the answer: chickens come from? I'm lost and am trying to connect these recent questions and answers to this clue. I've googled flapjack, man and wares at ATS and Google, to no avail.

Thank you for any help you can give me on this!

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FibroKat
I have a question, please, if someone would help me I would appreciate it.....

In question 58, where did the answer: chickens come from? I'm lost and am trying to connect these recent questions and answers to this clue. I've googled flapjack, man and wares at ATS and Google, to no avail.

Thank you for any help you can give me on this!

Ahhh, I had to research this one too. This clue involved a previous answer of JALLENHYNEK. Allen Hynek served as the astronomical consultant to the United States Air Force's Project Blue Book. One of the cases that he investigated involved a Wisconsin "chicken" farmer named Joe Simonton, who claimed that interstellar aliens landed on his farm and gave him pancakes in exchange for some water.

The chickens were his wares.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thanks so much, Freenrgy! I really appreciate the help! Now, back to the drawing board, it seems.....I've tried sooooo many answers, but obviously, all of the wrong ones.................*sigh*

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'mmmmm baaaack from canoeing the Cane Bayou into Ponchatrain. About to go watch The 4400 for inspiratin and I'll be back full force.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
O.K. I'm sure you've covered this, but the capitalization of the words imples that they are nouns (i.e. person place or thing). We also have learned that the answer may be found within a historical ufo case well-known in ufo circles (if I am to understand correctly). We were also told to remember the previous subjects.

no Project, no Russians but Little

Well, if we look at the Allen Hynek line, no Project could mean an even that happened outside of project Blue Book, for which he was atronomical advisor. Blue Book ended in '69, so the event could have happened after this fact.

no Russians, can either imply that the event was explicitly stated to having not been related to the Russians or that, in fact, it could have occured in Russia but is not or Russian origin.

Little....not much in this area. Could be a name or nickname. The aviary name of Chicken Little (a.k.a Dan Smith) doesn't seem to yield much other than he is a mouthpiece for the Aviary and probably a disinfo agent.

But, I got to thinking about Russia. Maybe the event happened in Little Russia (a.k.a. Ukrainian).

Can we tie any of the previous clues to a well-known Ukrainian event after '69?

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In between searching and reading, I've been mulling over what might be done with the domain name. I'd suggest using it as a one-stop encyclopedia of UFO theories.

For instance, prior to this game I had no idea of how specific "ufology" is about all the details that are woven into it's canon. The Sumerian texts; the relationships between the reptilians and nordics and greys; the way disparate kinds of "evidence" have been synthesized into a somewhat coherent paradigm; the standard rationales that seek to explain obvious contradictions between sightings and science.

I conceive of a website that presents the theories of both UFOs and of government cover-ups in an objective way. (Though it could link to articles by authors who are on one side or the other.)

Maybe a site (or sites) like this already exists. But, um, they don't have the name ALLtheUFOanswers.com.

Legendary ufologist Dr Jacques Vallee has dismissed the Roswell UFO incident as a topic not worthy of serious attention, and criticized the state of modern research into the UFO phenomenon. In an interview with the free online magazine Sub Rosa, Vallee labeled Roswell as a waste of valuable time and resources. "Roswell, in my opinion, is a blind alley," he said. "It is a major tactical mistake to base the argument for UFOs entirely on a case that has so little scientific evidence and so much ambiguous and conflicting testimony surrounding it."When asked about the state of ufology in 2006, Vallee was hardly impressed. "It’s a mess," he claimed. "By centering the whole discussion of the phenomenon on highly-charged, but poorly-researched issues like Roswell and abductions, ufologists have lost credibility, alienated the scientific public and opened the floodgates to hundreds of Internet sites where the wildest rumors circulate."

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This clue is too vague, one of the three amigos needs to add something to it. Maybe if we promise that we'll send them some delicious baked treats they will help us out. Has anyone tried chicken little? My timer ran out and I need to enter all the answers again.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
HUNT_ADMIN is in chat with some possible help.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hunt_Admin: cold war beginning, no Project, no Soviets, but Little

[edit on 8/20/2006 by zsandmann]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
Hunt_Admin: cold war beginning, no Project, no Soviets, but Little

[edit on 8/20/2006 by zsandmann]

Hunt_Admin says to (2006-7-0 22:8:42):
"cold war beginning, no Project, no Soviets, but Little"

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm back on the prowl. See what I can dig up.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What was the name of the weather baloon program that was attributed to Roswell?

new topics

top topics

<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

join