It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are the World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Meanwhile with no more American army to keep peace, Pakistan and India go to war.

Oh yeah? You mean to say without the American Army, India and Pakistan would have gone to war? Dude you're living in a world of fantasy!

What would the American army have done to prevent a war between them? Show its atrophied muscles? Shiverrrrrr. India and Pakistan are scared stiff of that great war machine, you know. They'll pray for mercy and promise not to be naughty. (I daresay, this is what you're implying).

Dude, India has a defence force of almost two million men. and Pakistan almost a million! So American forces can't hope to do a fig to influence subcontinental politics or even a war for that matter.

Man, its been 5 long years and the great American war machine and Intelligence agencies have failed miserably to pluck even ONE old bearded man - Osama - from wherever he's holed up.

Billions of dollars of tax payers money and no Osama! And a handful of so called terrorists - a rag tag circus - are taking the great American war machine for a merry ride in Iraq.

Having failed so far in their tactics, they have now turned to India to learn the art of counter insurgency operations and urban guerilla warfare. The Marines as you may not be aware, are learning the ropes at the Indian College of Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare at Warangte in North East India.

So much for the great American war machine to prevent a war between India and Pakistan!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Meanwhile with no more American army to keep peace, Pakistan and India go to war.

Oh yeah? You mean to say without the American Army, India and Pakistan would have gone to war? Dude you're living in a world of fantasy!

What would the American army have done to prevent a war between them? Show its atrophied muscles? Shiverrrrrr. India and Pakistan are scared stiff of that great war machine, you know. They'll pray for mercy and promise not to be naughty. (I daresay, this is what you're implying).

Dude, India has a defence force of almost two million men. and Pakistan almost a million! So American forces can't hope to do a fig to influence subcontinental politics or even a war for that matter.

Man, its been 5 long years and the great American war machine and Intelligence agencies have failed miserably to pluck even ONE old bearded man - Osama - from wherever he's holed up.

Billions of dollars of tax payers money and no Osama! And a handful of so called terrorists - a rag tag circus - are taking the great American war machine for a merry ride in Iraq.

Having failed so far in their tactics, they have now turned to India to learn the art of counter insurgency operations and urban guerilla warfare. The Marines as you may not be aware, are learning the ropes at the Indian College of Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare at Warangte in North East India.

So much for the great American war machine to prevent a war between India and Pakistan!

Not to be taken litereally.
Common sense helps a little sometimes.

International pressure from the existance of a super power keeps people in check. Just look at the days before a sole super power that had the ability to strike anywhere in the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

The Kuran has been around for centuries. Terrorist activity on this scale has not. Therefore, the Kuran is NOT the reason why the terrorist activity is being done; otherwise, it would not be anything new. Q.E.D.

WHAT????? Research man, that's the answer...

While it is impossible to definitively ascertain when it was first used, that which we today call terrorism traces its roots back at least some 2,000 years.

Please note the words bolded above from my original post.

Reading comprehension, man, that's the answer!

"He shoots -- he misses -- he closes his eyes and pretends he scored!"

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Two Steps Forward]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let me make a little corection

owned by the CIA
Operative agent

upload.wikimedia.org...
the hunter....

the hunted....

There you go, much better.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by pepsi78]

[edit on 7-8-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ace dude,
What don't the anti war left understand, the terrorists are killin the civillians not the Coaltition forces. Victory can only be achieved when the terrorists are defeated, not the coalition.

Us patriotic americans are outnumbered here, we gotta stick together Ace

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
NOW NOW,

Brownpower I am very supportive of your opinion, and agree with you.

YET

Just because others disagree does not make us the only Patriotic Americans here!!!!

Those that are disagreeing are doing so in the finest tradition of this Great Country. I may disagree with them, but I support their RIGHT to say it 100%.

With the rare exception, those on here that have debated me on this issue, have done so in an intellectual and (mostly) polite manner.

They are Patriots as well as we are.

Also remember: There are a number of Members not from America. I have also found their commentary to be insightful.

Semper

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join