It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos that damn Hezbollah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Photos that damn Hezbollah

THIS is the picture that damns Hezbollah. It is one of several, smuggled from behind Lebanon's battle lines, showing that Hezbollah is waging war amid suburbia.

The images, obtained exclusively by the Sunday Herald Sun, show Hezbollah using high-density residential areas as launch pads for rockets and heavy-calibre weapons.

Dressed in civilian clothing so they can quickly disappear, the militants carrying automatic assault rifles and ride in on trucks mounted with cannon.

The photographs, from the Christian area of Wadi Chahrour in the east of Beirut, were taken by a visiting journalist and smuggled out by a friend.

See the pics and the rest of the article here:
www.news.com.au...

Is there any doubt now why there are civilian casualties in Lebanon?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parmenides

Yes, there is. The photo's show an anti aircraft gun mounted on a truck. Anti aircraft guns are defensive weapons that are supposed to be placed in populated areas to deter aircraft. Everyone else does it this way but it's somehow not allowed for Hezbollah to do it?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by Parmenides

supposed to be placed in populated areas

And when Israel see's those anti-aircraft guns what are they supposed to do ?

The door swings both ways in any conflict.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I guess the civilian clothes are also something Hezbollah are allowed to do in your oppinion? By international law, they are not allowed. Not to mention that as a millitia, they are illegal all together even in Lebanon, they are certingly valid targets for Israel. By dressing in civilan clothing and hiding in urban areas they are making all the civilians around them targets. This makes it legal for israel to bomb the area.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So, you are saying that any defensive measures invite attack and the resulting loss of life should be blamed on the defenders? That means anyone can invade anywhere and not be concerned about killing innocents, it's not their fault because they were asking for it by defending themselves?

That's actually a pretty good summary of current global policy. Sadly.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I saw those photos a couple days ago and really wasn't that impressed. The Israeli video footage of them firing rockets and hiding the launchers is way better than this. *Looks for link*

Ah! Here it is: Firing rockets from Qana

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't see what these pictures prove. That could be anyone. A Village civil defense... anything. The door doesn't even have handles on it. They could have been having that thing since the last invasion. Whats with 4 pics "smuggled out" of Lebanon?? LOL as though its behind Communist China lines. Lots of people have gotten out of Lebanon so why would they have to smuggle pictures that these guys obviously sat there and posed for.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Its like the other day when an Israeli airstrike killed a baby in Lebanon. Hezbo soldiers carries the dead baby around for 6 hours letting journalists take pictures of it.

Boycott ARABS

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Its like the other day when an Israeli airstrike killed a baby in Lebanon. Hezbo soldiers carries the dead baby around for 6 hours letting journalists take pictures of it.

Boycott ARABS

It doesn't matter at all that its a dead baby the important thing is that it was carried around for 6 hours and it had pictures taken of it. Nothing we should condem at all. Unless it was yours. You act as though its like the first time IDF/IAF has ever done that.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Boycott ARABS

And that just shows how much respect these people have.

By the way, why boycott Arabs? Bit racist don't ya think?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
prince is just against the Arabs that's all.... seen it in DOZENS of threads.... anyways.... this is just more anti-Hezbollah propaganda put out by the anti-human Zionist regime currently controlling Israel.... notice i said controlling Im talking about the government not the people... still flame retardant suit on...

these pictures aren't damning in the least... they show antiaircraft batteries right where they should be protecting people.... and as previous posters have mentioned Spy sat pics aren't exactly reliable.... more to the point ... SO FREAKING WHAT if they have a few antiaircraft guns in a suburb Israeli aircraft are bombing the living hell out of the entire country... just because one CAN do something doesnt mean one SHOULD do something. Also if you were fighting a power like Israeli when you have lil more the pea shooters are you going to go out and fight them in open combat...I think not... for those of you here who are American you will remember that it was these very same guerrilla tactics that won us our independence from Britain.... SO.... it would seem to be that these Hezbollah terrorists are actually a lot more like American Patriots back in the day.... but im sorry its going to take more then four photo oped pictures to make it okay for Israel to kill 500+ civilians and then whine and complain about less than 100... all loss of life blows but Israel does not have a leg to stand on.... they need to, as our o so eloquent pres said in regards to Syria, quit this Shiate. And if they wont someone should take away their toys and put them in time out cause the obviously cant cohabitate.... and with diminishing resources do we really have time for the Crap cause that's what it is CRAP!..... have we not evolved socially past this kind of violence yet.... maybe its the heat I don't know... but these photos definetally don't damn Hezbollah.... sorry come again.....

and i just couldnt help this.... today.reuters.com... .... yeah Israel isnt attacking noncombatants.... sure.... or this .... today.reuters.com... trikes_intensify

Isnt it against the GEneva convention to attack civilian infrastructure....

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I would hardly say these photo's "damn" Hezbollah.

Give me 5 minutes and I can come up with countless photo's of US, UK, Israeli even Mongolian troops in an Urban setting.

Also (see my thread ATS Thread ), it would seem Hezbollah have civilian reservists to call upon as well.

Judging by the equipment these guys have in those pictures and what I have seen Hezbollah have, I would say these are some of those reservists.

[edit on 4/8/06 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
LOL at the above picture. You'd think these terrorists would figure it out by now...kepp it up and you wont have anything left.

Boycott MUSLIMS

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

LOL at the above picture.

Wow...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hey the reap what they sow. You cant harbor terrorists and think that this type of thing wont happen. The Muslim world is slowing finding that out one casualty at a time. Not very quick learners they are. I think the above picture just illustrates that Israel made good on their threat at the beginning of this conflict that if Hezbo kept launching rockets then Lebanon would be set back 20 years.

Boycott MUSLIMS

[edit on 4-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You really are a piece of work.

It's a good thing I'm bound by the T&C and have the integrity not to abuse my position as mod...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Israel isn't just carpet-bombing the entire town. You're just showing a cropped picture of a section of Beruit. It just happens to be the section that Hezbollah controls and uses. As I posted in an earlier thread, Israel's attacks have been very controlled. If you stay out of the Bir Al Abid district, you're probably not going to get bombed. That is unless you have a weapons cache, or you let Hezbollah launch missiles from your house.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm so sure that hezbollah would stop and go away if the Lebanese just asked them politely. Just like the drugdealer on the corner will go away if I let him know he's not welcome.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is nothing new. In October 1983 my helicopter squadron was flying over Beruit when we started taking ground fire. When we discovered the source of the fire it was an anti-aircraft gun emplacement on the roof of an apartment building. When we used binoculars for a better view we could see the residents of the building being made to stand against the windows so that we could see that they were there. They were using those people as human shields to protect the gun.

I don't think that things have changed much since then. The wearing of civilian clothes by Hezbollah is another nice touch. Any militants killed by Israel become innocent victims simply by having their weapons hidden before the media arrives. As far as the pictures being smuggled out, I believe that they had to be. The media in Lebanon right now is being managed by Hezbollah. They are being shown precisely what Hezbollah wants them to see in order to try to shape world opinion on what is happening there.

Some of you need to take off your rose colored glasses and realize that Hezbollah is doing the very things that you are accusing Israel of. There is no accurate information coming out of Lebanon because both sides are trying to manage the media and put their own spin on what the world is being shown.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join