It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon and the mind.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hmm reminds me of a math project we did in highschool.

There are certain cycles in the human body that do correspond with the moon's timeframe, whether or not you are specifically aligned with it. Others take a 3rd the ammount of time, and yet others half...and they do affect how you function daily.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My own personal experience is that there is something about the moon that is essential for the human psyche. Not just humans, but animals too.

In occult and Pagan thinking, the moon represents on a physical level fertility, pregnancy, birth, motherhood, home.

On the psychological/spiritual level, it represents, the subconcious, memory, dreams, emotions, and psychic powers.

hell, why does it seem that people go a bit nuttier and get a bit more wild when there is a full moon? I also notice animals tend to be alot more livelier and wild when there is a full moon.

I believe the moon resonates on a physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual dimension and exists in all four.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Today is actually my last day at work for 12 days. my first vacation in 4.5 yrs, woohoo. I truly know exactly how you feel. I am about at breaking point myself. Got me a house in morro bay that my sweetie and i will be enjoying for the entire time. she got 2.5 weeks off(bugger)

Im glad i didnt offend you to the point of not accepting my apology with the miscommunicated post.

Yeah! Vacation time

And I'm glad this wasn't one of those rear occations that someone just decided to be "that way" - you know what I mean. I can't even find a proper name for those kind of people. The sarcastic ones that argue every point etc. I'm so tired I've started avoiding them instead of likeing the challange like I use to.

Age. It must be age. NO! Hold that thought. I refuse to grow old gracefuly. It is NOT age! lol

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Age. It must be age. NO! Hold that thought. I refuse to grow old gracefuly. It is NOT age! lol

LOL we dont grow old Angela, we just grow wiser. Thats my philosphy anyway. Wait let me rephrase that, Some grow older, Some grow wiser.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hello, i don't have time to read everything that was said before me already. So i thought id jsut add my bit, sorry for any information that has already been stated. But jsut in case.
THe moon does affect humans emotionally, physically, in all sorts of way.

The full moon has been linked to crime, suicide, mental illness, disasters, accidents, birthrates, fertility, and werewolves, among other things

THe werewolves may not be true. However, cops on late night dutys have recorded a continuom of more violent crimes/arrests happening during a full moon. THere has been a noted energy raise in most/many mammals/humans during full moon nights.
I forget the actual percents, but i think sumthign a little over 75% of all human babies are born within 3 days of a full moon.(including after)
I was told once that hospitals go on full alerts during a full moon but i cant confirm this. More babies are born along with more accidents it seems.
I think there was some more i could say but i forget. THe stars and planets do have some effects on animal beings.
-Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can tell you from first hand information Vesuvius. My Sweetie is CSI for Fresno PD and she can testify (and i can back it up cuz i get to hear all about them the next morning) that crimes, murders, looney toons and all around whack jobs are double and tripled during full moons.

Funny how that works aint it. I have no scientific proof to back it up, just lots and lots of stories bout some crazy stuff happenin those nites. Now dont get me wrong, lotsa crazy crap happens nightly in Fresburg, but it gets multiplied on full moon nites.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I couldn't think of the words I was looking for the other day - bio rythums (probably spelled differently). These are in flux all the time - I think that the moon, seasons, light - all have an effect.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

LOL we dont grow old Angela, we just grow wiser. Thats my philosphy anyway. Wait let me rephrase that, Some grow older, Some grow wiser.

I think I've got an even split going on. Part is getting wiser, part is getting older. I can't complain though. I looked 18 when I was 13, and looked just the same, never aging it seemed till I was in my early 30's. Actualy, I think it's gravity that's attacking me. I must be allergic to it or something. lol

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Firstly the moon defeniatly affect us.. agree with all above

Secondly we wouldn't be here only for the moon. Life would have evolevd TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

As if Earth didn't have a moon, then the mass, imbalance of the core, weather, life, magnetic field, volcanic activity etc.... would all be very much different.

It's just crazy to imagine. The moon/Earth complexity is very unique than any other in the solar system.

Adding a personal opinion here, on a full moon, I have become more aware than my personality shifts a bit either negatively or postively. depending on my current mood. I'm not calculating this situation, It's merely the obvious in timing. Agree with one of the posters on Astrology. all Planetery bodies affects us. It's like family. It was created in the same time and space as the rest of the solar system. We have one Sun... It's too obvious.

People have to realise that one shift in our solar system changes us, whether we know it or not. Take Jupiter away, and I bet weird things will happen, even on a large scale. That last line is a blatant example.

Also can I ask, know a little off topic. But does Accendant in Cancer and Moon in Cancer (two strongest aspects Rising and Moon in Astrology chart after the Sun) would this mean that on the time of my birth, the moon would have an enormous effect on my birth. Not only is the moon strong in my chart, but Cancer is deeply involved with the moon and emotions. Coinicidence that two signs are very stong in my chart . On top of this I had a violent birth, lucky to survive btw, if I'd to put it that way? sorry to be personal but the moon stuff baffle me. anyone know what this would mean? Is this a load of rubbish.

[edit on 16-8-2006 by mind is the universe]

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've heard enough people say that they think that the full moon influences people's behaviour, that I give some credence to it. The weirdest one I heard is that during full moons, pizza shops always have weird customers that order the most odd topping combinations that nobody ever does
. And also something about being healled by the full moon too.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well we have to take into account that people already think that a full moon = craziness - so they will be more crazy just for that reason. And you get one person going in a crowd and the whole crowd will start in - so that will effect.

But I feel better outside and in the dark (near dark). So the full moon for me is prime time to go out. You have dark, yet light enough to play ball if you wanted to.

Never the less, I think the full moon has some effect - although the effect we are talking about (it has a specific name I can't think of) - there is more of 'that thing' going on with mother/infant than with us/moon. But it has a BIG part to play in mother/infant care and bonding. (especialy for those earthy/nature&nurture types).

Oh yeah - off topic a bit, but let's not forget the ever popular in the 70's and 80's... we ALL had to get our hair cuts on the full moon as a teenager!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I've heard enough people say that they think that the full moon influences people's behaviour, that I give some credence to it. The weirdest one I heard is that during full moons, pizza shops always have weird customers that order the most odd topping combinations that nobody ever does
. And also something about being healled by the full moon too.

Got that... But coming from a person who has a sense of humour, I knew you were been funny. But hell, if I was going to laugh...

It would prolly be the best laugh in the world

In case you didn't notice we are all mad... if the moon wasn't here it still wouldn't be normal, so what hope have we left... "runs"

HS

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Seems to me that at high tide even if you are inland, the emotional content of your psyche is more outgoing. However when you factor in things like home difficulties, emotional garbage can be dumped anytime, high tide or not. I think the person who is calm can utilize high tides to an advantage as in a time to sell things if that person is aware of peoples emotional tones of voice when they have conversation about possible product interests in a wide array of offerings. It worked for me years ago, could have been coincidence tho. I didn't try selling at low tide, didn't have anything left to sell after succeeding at high tide anyways

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
Also can I ask, know a little off topic. But does Accendant in Cancer and Moon in Cancer (two strongest aspects Rising and Moon in Astrology chart after the Sun) would this mean that on the time of my birth, the moon would have an enormous effect on my birth. Not only is the moon strong in my chart, but Cancer is deeply involved with the moon and emotions. Coinicidence that two signs are very stong in my chart . On top of this I had a violent birth, lucky to survive btw, if I'd to put it that way? sorry to be personal but the moon stuff baffle me. anyone know what this would mean? Is this a load of rubbish.

Your ascendant is your true self, your sun sign is your ego self (what you want to be the outer you that the 'inner' sees) and the moon sign is your secret self (which is the 'inner' self I already mentioned).

That means you probably don't have as many problems with identity issues as some people might have. And I'm curious what your sun sign is now.

But cancer people are nurturers and are often protective and emotionally driven. But they are not so much self-oriented as they are focused on the care they give to those who are under their wing. That is, in an afflicted chart, one might seem selfish or domineering toward another person, wanting what they want for them than what is actually best. But in a balanced chart that trait wouldn't be such; it would be more truly in tune to what the person needs and not what is wanted for them. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Your ascendant is your true self, your sun sign is your ego self (what you want to be the outer you that the 'inner' sees) and the moon sign is your secret self (which is the 'inner' self I already mentioned).

That means you probably don't have as many problems with identity issues as some people might have. And I'm curious what your sun sign is now.

But cancer people are nurturers and are often protective and emotionally driven. But they are not so much self-oriented as they are focused on the care they give to those who are under their wing. That is, in an afflicted chart, one might seem selfish or domineering toward another person, wanting what they want for them than what is actually best. But in a balanced chart that trait wouldn't be such; it would be more truly in tune to what the person needs and not what is wanted for them. I hope that makes sense.

Great info there, Queenieann. I asked the question, cus Cancer ties with the Moon and emotions etc. I figured the moon is the inner, alright. My sun is Virgo. the Earth sign!! I'd be interested to PM you to get more info, if that's cool with you.

So it would mean that the Moon would affect me more than the norm?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You can PM me!

The moon is the emotional/fleshly house. You see, emotions are actually not pure feelings, they are the physical reaction to memories of past feelings. And so when an incident triggers something in your emotional memory bank, your body might react with the same chemical cocktail as the original (or built up repeats) incident.

As far as the extra influence, though, I don't think it would make you more emotional but more in tune to your emotions and those of your loved ones.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
S1LV3R4D0

so ya wanna use more of your brain , eh ?!

try the silva method

www.silvamethod.com...

there are others
who use similar techniques
which are basically using a
different road to get to the same destination.

toasted

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well, I'm guessing that you are wanting us to consider a situation where there never was a moon up there. I'd have to say many things would be quite different because the order of nature would have to be quite different in that situation for anything to exist, and I'd also say that existence would not be definable as it is currently

Now, your question was pertaining to the faculties of the mind. Assuming that the mind does not reside in the brain proper....I'm not sure that it would necessarily affect the mind at all. The brain however, it may. Science tells us that we only use 10% of our brain capacity....The trouble is, science wants to connect the brain to the mind and,at least in my opinion, the two are not interchangeable at all.

So, I guess the answer really lies in what one thinks animates the body. Do you think the mind (AKA. The Soul) animates the body or do you think the brain animates the body? For me, the mind animate the four layered body suit. The brain is just a mechanism for which the mind utilizes.

With all that being said, no, I don't think it would influence the mind power at all. We are spiritually inhibited from experiencing the true power of our mind in the physical realm.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I couldn't think of the words I was looking for the other day - bio rythums (probably spelled differently). These are in flux all the time - I think that the moon, seasons, light - all have an effect.

Bio Rhythms....Actually,I think it is one word, biorhythms.......yeah

[edit on 19-8-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I have a question for the higher thinkers of ATS or anyone for that matter, i guess it would be hypothetical but im told its a good question none the less.

Since the moon affects the earth in huge ways which is 70% water, and the human body is made up of 70% water and is affected in big ways(some say).

My question is if the moon wasnt there to influence human emotion or the earth, would the human mind be able to utilize its full 100% potential ie.. ESP, Telekinesis and all the other 6th senses much easier or automatically? Would everyone be born using every bit of their brain?

Just something that was rattling around in my head. If this isnt the correct place for this question, mods please feel free to move it.

Biology no but ideologicly of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join