It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moon and the mind.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I have a question for the higher thinkers of ATS or anyone for that matter, i guess it would be hypothetical but im told its a good question none the less.

Since the moon affects the earth in huge ways which is 70% water, and the human body is made up of 70% water and is affected in big ways(some say).

My question is if the moon wasnt there to influence human emotion or the earth, would the human mind be able to utilize its full 100% potential ie.. ESP, Telekinesis and all the other 6th senses much easier or automatically? Would everyone be born using every bit of their brain?

Just something that was rattling around in my head. If this isnt the correct place for this question, mods please feel free to move it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The moon may affect us, but doesn't everything have an affect on us in one way or another? If the moon or anything had to much of an affect on us than there would be no freewill. The question I wonder about is why is there a moon or any other planets?

As far as using powers beyond physics I am sure it is happening everyday. Its a difficult feat to expose them to yoruself and be able to apply them to use. As only logic can say anything beyond physics is formlessness and with no ritual you have formlessness/chaos and chaos equals fear.

I suppose if we were all good hearted people or simply held enough belief in eachother or trust for that matter we would be able to do much more things. I think this is a part of evolution. If you think about it if we did the things we do a very long time ago people would freak out and quite posibly end it all. Just as if someone 100 years from now showed us what is possible it could end.

Not saying we can't learn or do to much where we go out in a fast boom but I imagine you get the point.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So you think by some sort of mass goodness conscienceness we will evolve? Very interesting way of looking at it masonite, thanx for that input.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hi ho SILVER...........

THIS very thinking (moon rffecting tides and earthy water, and us being MOSTLY water) is what swung me around to believing in astrology.........really taking it more serious than I did long time back before I started to think like this.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Awwwwaaaaaaayyy! Thanx for that info TRG, you are one of the members whose opinion i value. What is your take on my theoretical question up there^^^

Would it be fruitful to humanity to do away with the moon or would it be more detrimental than anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We are all inherently Lunar though the Sisterhood are more sensitive possibly through the menstrual periodic curves, but then so it seems even are men!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The moon affects everything, not just the water.

We can see that effect on the water because of the tides, but the effect is applicable to all things that are affected by gravity, i.e. all things with mass.

We have evolved with the Moon already there, so I think that we have evolved the way we have because of the presence of the Moon and the attraction that its presence creates, if this presence is strong enough to change us in some way.

And the fact that we do not use 100% of the brain does not mean that we should use 100% of the brain.

If you think that our brain cells are all created when the brain is created and those cells cannot be created after, the fact that we do not use 100% of the brain is a good thing.

There have been many cases of people who had part of the brain affected by some problem (accidents, diseases, etc.) and the function that was performed by that part of the brain started being performed by another, until then apparently idle, part of the brain.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The moon affects more then we can see. Take it away and you will cause a lot of imbalance. Not only within ourselves. We are made up from water indeed, but how about the fluid in our mind that causes us to walk stable on our feet without falling over regularly?

Take a look at trees. There are two types namely solar and lunar trees. The solar trees are "awake" during the day and have a very low energetic activity at night. The lunar trees are the opposite. Take away the lunar trees and we might end up with effects in nature which we can't even imagine to predict.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Take away the lunar trees and we might end up with effects in nature which we can't even imagine to predict.

Would you mind elaborating on this. With hundreds of acres of trees destroyed daily across the world, how does this affect the solar/lunar tree level. and to what extent do these solar/lunar trees have an effect on us. More information would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Man needs oxygen. This needs to be produced daily. During the day the Solar trees do this, at night the Lunar trees. It is a balance thing. The trees that are being taken down is not a good thing, obviously since there is a lot less oxygen created. But it also means that the opposite type of tree has to work harder to maintain the balance.

Not to mention the effects it has on the soil and its furtility, life of other plants that needed the shelter of the trees and same for the animals. Entire ecological system is being ripped apart.

Solar trees are great lightning conductors as well. They are usually standalone trees who stand above an underground source of water and such. When they get hit by lightning they can easily guide the electricity through itself into the ground and get rid of it. Unlike being fried what would be more plausible.

Can't really elaborate more on it because it has been quite some while again since I studied this and forgot most :S

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Oh ok, i thought u meant something along the lines of the trees are special in the fact that they are solar/lunar. I see what you were talking about now, thanx for clarifying that for me.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Nothing special just biology. Read it from several books writted by Biologists with an alternate view on things

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
My question is if the moon wasnt there to influence human emotion or the earth, would the human mind be able to utilize its full 100% potential ie.. ESP, Telekinesis and all the other 6th senses much easier or automatically? Would everyone be born using every bit of their brain?

The moon does effect us... physicaly for sure (the 'sicentific proof' thing). Mentaly and emotionaly - I believe so - yes. And although many don't believe, the same thing/reason/tidle wave thing the mom has going on with us, it's the same thing women have with their new infant babies. So - I'd say yes, definately it has to do with our non physical things too.

The mind would not be 'used more' if the moon weren't here. (of course, we wouldn't be her if the moon weren't here. lol)

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The mind would not be 'used more' if the moon weren't here. (of course, we wouldn't be her if the moon weren't here. lol)

And how do you "know" this Angela. Would you mind enlightening me to the information you are privy to that helps you "know" this? Because id like to know this also definitively.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

And how do you "know" this Angela. Would you mind enlightening me to the information you are privy to that helps you "know" this? Because id like to know this also definitively.

Your kidding right? Do you really think that if the moon were to suddenly zing out of earths orbit that everything else would stay the same? Mk.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
First of all, No im not kidding in my question to you considering the scope of my original post, noone has any clue how the mind would be without the moon here. Secondly, it was a hypothetical question being asked. Third, i never said anything about the moon suddenly zinging away from us. Yes if that happened there would be mass destruction worldwide, hence why it was a hypothetical question Angela.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

First of all, No im not kidding in my question to you considering the scope of my original post, noone has any clue how the mind would be without the moon here. Secondly, it was a hypothetical question being asked. Third, i never said anything about the moon suddenly zinging away from us. Yes if that happened there would be mass destruction worldwide, hence why it was a hypothetical question Angela.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

Well then why on earth are you so hostile? I'm not a flamer (if that's what you call those people that 'go off' on others and ridicul them). But when I'm treated with hostility, I do get sarcastic with my replies.

As far as the mind goes. I don't believe that we only use a small part of our mind. I do believe that science only knows what we use a small protions of our mind for, but that doesn't meen we don't use it.

Now, we do have to take into account that what we don't use, we loose. This is a true statement - including how it pertains to the mind. We can also see (with scientific proof), that what we use more (speaking of the brain), does grow. And if one part is damaged, other parts do come into play to rewire/rework/regroup and reconnect lost connections to restore part or all of the lost functioning area.

(I supose I should have asked, are we speaking of the mind/brain as one - speking of both physical and non physical aspects? (By non physical aspects, I am reffereing to anything that science can't see, hear, touch or feel.)

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Angela, im sorry if you took my question to you as hostile. It was not intended in any way shape or form to be that way.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Angela, im sorry if you took my question to you as hostile. It was not intended in any way shape or form to be that way.

Maybe it was me. I usualy get the feel of the person posting at the same time or before I read the post. If there is an agrivation etc, and I am out of sorts, I feel as if it is directed at me. Sometimes I'm 'off' and precieve emotions that aren't supose to be any of my business.
I'm sorry. It's been one of those 'lots of chocolate' followed by 'feel like crap' kind of days. I'm waaaayyyy off in many ways today.

My oldest moved back into the house - a new person in the house, and the X here and VERY cranky with me... too many high energy people with major emotions/problems/etc being hurrled at me at once - I'm completely frazzled.

This mom (boys, 8 and 18), x-wife (still living with X), is so ready for vacation. I am SO sorry if my house full of madness crossed my wires and I read something into your words that weren't there.

I WILL be better tommorrow!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Angela, it is quite alright. Fully understandable, sounds like u got lots to wire you up there. Lock the door to the bathroom, run you a hot hot bath, get you a good magazine, light some candles and enjoy what little piece and quiet you can get for that little brief time.

Today is actually my last day at work for 12 days. my first vacation in 4.5 yrs, woohoo. I truly know exactly how you feel. I am about at breaking point myself. Got me a house in morro bay that my sweetie and i will be enjoying for the entire time. she got 2.5 weeks off(bugger)

Im glad i didnt offend you to the point of not accepting my apology with the miscommunicated post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join