It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon generals warn of Iraq civil war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It seems as though things may be getting worse for the Bush team. Click me to read

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This slop fest in Iraq just keeps getting worse.

Of course there are many who dread the day our troops leave, but the current situation
is extremely dangerous for our soldiers.

Iraq's new Prime Minister leads Iraq ( as much as possible ) due to a democratic majority Shi'a vote.

Now the U.S. is supporting Israel against Hezbulloh, a Shi'a organization.

This is asking a tribe to take action against itself.

After years of Shi'a suppression, they're not going to stand for it.

Most people don't realize what we're up against here.

Hezbulloh has special ops teams deployed all over the world and they are extremely well trained.
If we dare to push things too far they will activate.

While these are militant factions, they represent a growing sentiment against Israel's allies, mainly U.S.

The U.S. tore itself apart during The American Civil War so I'm not at all surprised at what's going on.

Based on the lies of greedy power barons,

We're stuck in a heavily armed power grab to secure the flow of Middle Eastern oil.

We're trying to "convert" a destitue population to some manner of civilization that suites our needs.

We're there to expolit them, just like our founding fathers from Europe exploited every other
indigenous population who possessed something US CIVILIZED PEOPLE wanted.

Iraq's Prime Minister knows all about Emperial exploits dating back to Alexander The Great.

This War On Terror suites the powers that be perfectly well.

They profit tremendously from military industrial contracts.

That has become our primary industry. Not cars or machines or household appliances or the cloths on our backs.

Thanks to this administration the driving force in our economy has become the profession of
war. The machines, the security, the training all of it are the one industry we can't outsource.

As much as I want to see our troops home safely, I'm afraid we're already in the quicksand.

I think we'll be there for decades.

Ethnic MAP of Iraq

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 4-8-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
A radio broadcast today was saying that the Israel-Lebanon conflict might go for another few weeks
or a month or so.

WHO ARE THESE GUYS KIDDING?

Every day this madness continues, more people suffer and a much great number grow more militant.

We have a bunch our own kids on the ground in the middle of a bazing hot, highly contaminated
war zone.

Even if they are fortunate enough to survive the violence, they will still carry the scars of war
for the rest of their lives.

If you believe Diebold, the American people elected these buffoons ruining our country and everything else they've touched.

If we want to regain some degree of respect in this world, we should demand a criminal investigation of everything and everyone who got us to where we ar now?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Things can go three ways in Iraq.
The first way is a civil war that many people saw coming enough said.
The second way is that the differnt Ethnic groups could fight for there own independent states.
The thrid option is that the Iraqi government contains the security situation.

The first two options are the most likely thats if there not happening alreadly.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
personally, I believe that civil war was the ultimate goal by those who wanted and planned the Iraq war.

A feuding, unstable Iraq makes it alot easier not only to go in and pillage the resources, but a destabilized Iraq will never have a shot at bothering israel, and will give us an excuse to keep troops there longer, thus giving us a foothold in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I guess that I always thought a civil war was already taking place in Iraq. It doesn't seem as though these different religious groups have ever gotten along. The have been held in check by a regime famed for its torture and murder, but now without Hussein in charge these groups are in a battle for power. They all see their shot for power and the time is now.

new topics

top topics

join