It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunk Hollow Earth Once & For All! Only $20K

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Realtruth is right, they have gone before… (from the May 29, 2004 archive)

Steve Currey's Expedition Company has chartered the Russian Nuclear IceBreaker YAMAL, to take 100 adventurers to the North Pole for an expedition to conduct scientific observations that could resolve once and for all whether the Hollow Earth theories have any validity!

Departure date is scheduled for June 26, 2005

Source: web.archive.org...://www.voyagehollowearth.com/

And again a year later…

Departure date is scheduled for June 26, 2006

web.archive.org...://voyagehollowearth.com/

and now there are going in June 26, 2007.

Originally posted by Prote
or they wouldn't bother going back.

100 people x $20,000 USD = $2,000,000,(~1 million GBP) I suspect that might be the reason.

Sounds interesting nevertheless.
(However, 100 people might feel a bit sheepish.
)

[edit on 30/9/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
dam Cnut, I clicked some of those links too....

Would you be interested in a once-in-a-lifetime chance to discover Our Hollow Earth first hand? If so, we invite you to join us for an expedition to the North Pole with Steve Currey, one of the leading river explorers in the world!

Then it's hardly a once in a lifetime opportunity then is it? Where are the reports from previous voyages? They have some explaining to do.

The website is copyright from 1999, is this trip number 8?!

The only previous visits they mention are over a century ago, so not them...
Source

Olaf Jansen was born October 27th, 1811 and was nineteen years old when he and his father set on their yearly fishing trip between April and June of 1829.

Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd found the entrance to Our Hollow Earth during his 1947 flight, as described in Amadeo Giannini's 1959 book, Worlds Beyond the Poles.

Their phone number doesnt seem to work, maybe Im dialling it wrong or its Saturday, I'll try again on Monday, Im not happy they havent mentioned this. Can't see an email address.

I like this though...
voyagehollowearth.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You can try contacting Steve Currey, the tour guide on his other site. There’s an email form in contact area.

I think it’s a bit misleading, and he should include his own expeditions in the “Previous Explorers” section.

He seems to be marketing these tours to a different crowd than his other tours. (ie fishing etc.) Imagine the kind of crap you can sell to people looking for a hollow earth!

Baaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
You can try contacting Steve Currey, the tour guide on his other site. There’s an email form in contact area.

That contact form wants your life history, I'll call them.

I think it’s a bit misleading, and he should include his own expeditions in the “Previous Explorers” section.

Having thought further about this and given how much cash they want, I'm starting to think this is fraudulent. Some rules must have been broken here, they are hiding completely relevant information.

Baaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

yeah, Baaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

PS.
Nice spot, realtruth.
runetang, I dont know the answer to your money questions.

[edit on 30/9/06 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
No problem there friends. I can't stand bull#ter's and con artists that prey on trusting and good natured people that are seeking something special.

hmmmmm....sounds familiar......like maybe religion. LOL!

Yours Truly,

RT

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Religion isn’t all about con artists and scams. Because you can have religion and not be affiliated with a church or preacher. Just buy a sacred book and begin to read and you can have religion.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just as long as it doesn't have influence by others. Otherwise it is considered organized religion which leaves to many open doors for corruption.

Originally posted by spaceman16
Religion isn’t all about con artists and scams. Because you can have religion and not be affiliated with a church or preacher. Just buy a sacred book and begin to read and you can have religion.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Good point. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I really hate the term "hollow earth theory", the term "theory" denotes a well thought out hypothesis supported by a body of evidence. This so-called hollow earth theory, seems to be based on the fact that no one has ever dug a really really deep hole. Until someone digs to the centre of the earth (not going to happen, obviously) people will still believe their own bizarre ideas, no matter how unlikely.

A theory based on lack of evidence for another theory is not a theory.

And you can quote me on that.

Also I hope that these people can swim well as the arctic is mostly floating ice so I think reaching a hole in the ground could be tricky.

Oh yeah and for the pound sterling guy, read this: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote

Does anyone know why the ocean doesn't just empty into the earth if there is a huge hole in it?

IMO there is no gravity at the earth’s center so I guess it works in the same way that the water doesn’t fall off into space.

Just a thought

AlBeMeT

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If their was no gravity, then the immense pressure from the overlying water would still force water into the earth.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Not if its like a volcano thingamajig. Like this

^ ---volcano
~~ ~~~~~~~ ^ ^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -- water

Well that didn’t work.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oh Dear!!!! I remembered I said I would call them so I did. No tone on the phone so I went on the site to check the number and...

This site is no longer active!

www.voyagehollowearth.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Steve Currey is the guy that was organising it and his other site is still up. I can't find a phone number though, only this contact form...

www.expeditioncompany.net...

I'm not filling that out. With the site gone and the fact that they did not disclose previous trips, speaks volumes. At least, it speaks volumes about this particular venture. I suppose by association, it is also very damaging for the theory.

If there are any hardcore Hollow Earth Theorists out there, post away here....

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Super spaceman will save the day. Ill fill it out and see what I can get out of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Super spaceman will save the day. Ill fill it out and see what I can get out of it.

Interesting if you get something back, I won't hold my breath though. I was mostly disappointed to find that they had been before, probably more than once yet no information about these ventures at all and what they found or did. booooooo

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Did you get a response????????????? What happened??????????

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
They sent me a letter saying that I wasn’t eligible for one of their trips. BOOO!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Steve Currey, the organizer of the trips appears to have passed away!

Voyage to Our Hollow Earth

Our hearts and prayers go out to the Currey family on the passing of Steve Currey. He lived life as we all should and will be deeply missed. We miss you Steve...

As a result, this site has been closed and all future trips have been cancelled.

www.voyagehollowearth.com...

the most plausible location for an opening is located at 84.4 N Latitude, 141 E Longitude.

[edit on 17/2/07 by Prote]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join