It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp: Lazar Holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mr. Knapp,

Welcome to ATS! I'm sure you've heard this enough times, but as likely one of the biggest UFO nuts here....it simply had to be said.

I should preface by saying I'm one of the few that simply cannot shake my gut feeling that there is more truth in Lazar's accounts than fiction. There's fishiness on both sides of the fence...but other than the gut feeling, the evidence simply seems to weigh more heavily on him at least working where he said he worked.

QUESTION:
I was wondering if you had some insights on some of the critics' main points (other than what you've stated so far and thank you), such as on the W-2. On it, the employer is listed as the "Department of Naval Intelligence" when the correct agency is the "Office of Naval Intelligence". Has there ever been any other corraboration or support for this W-2 doc? Has it been proven to be authentic?

Thank you,
Gazrok

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The issue of the W-2 would take more than a few pages to tell in any detail, but I will try to give you the 5-cent version.

ONI was one of the many government offices I wrote to for records related to Lazar. Most of them never wrote back. The W-2 arrived one day out of the blue but, as you mentioned, it was from the "Department" not the "Office". It was as if someone wanted the W-2 to be used to proved Bob's story and then yank it out from under him by revealing that the Department doesn't exist. In other words, a tantalizing ruse.

Nonetheless, other researchers followed the trail of the employer ID number listed on the form. It turned out to be a legitimate number used by an unknown arm of the government and was tracked down as far as it could go until we hit a stone wall. This is another case of how did Lazar know? How did he know that this was an actual, working employer number but one that could not be tracked down to its final source because of unspecified security concerns.

I really am giving a thumbnail sketch here. The entire story is much more involved and you can probably still find some references to it on the internet somewhere.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgeKnapp

Nonetheless, other researchers followed the trail of the employer ID number listed on the form.
It turned out to be a legitimate number used by an unknown arm of the government and was tracked down as far as it could go until we hit a stone wall.
This is another case of how did Lazar know?
How did he know that this was an actual, working employer number but one that could not be tracked down to its final source because of unspecified security concerns.

Lazar had a W-2, and not a 1099 ?

an easy explaination is that KBR- -(a division of Halliburton)
is at this moment, and since i've been aware of them back in 1980, is a known hirer of 'independent contractors'
and is also a 'above-the-board' (almost Black-ops) business contractor with a legitimate Employer ID Number

...just why couldn't Lazar's past employment have been in the same vein?

.................i think someone's creating mystery and nebulous connections where none exists,
for whatever reason i leave the reader to surmise.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I agree with your premise. Why would the government release any paperwork about Lazar's employment? Various agencies have completely stonewalled all requests, formal and informal. The appearance of the W-2 set off a whole new line of inquiry by several people, myself included. A purposeful distraction? Entirely possible.

Yes, Lazar was recruited to Los Alamos by a headhunter firm and was a subcontractor. That company gave me fits in my attempts to secure employment records. The W-2 wasn't issued by a subcontractor though. It supposedly came from the "Department" of Naval Intelligence, years after Lazar left Los Alamos. It is entirely feasible, maybe even likely, that someone was messing with our heads.

top topics

join