It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food and the single soul.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
As a dedicated bachelor I often have trouble coming up with a meal for just myself. It gets old after awhile, cooking the same thing over and over. The variety isn’t what it used to be when I was active on the social scene.

This thread is dedicated to the meal a single person can whip up in no time flat, is filling and has limited cleanup afterwards.

What is your best meal that is fast, cheap and easy?

I’ll start.

What you will need.

One can of gravy,
One bag of precooked frozen steak
One bag of noodles.

After a long day at work I walk in the door and don’t want to do much of anything but I got to eat. I’ll toss a pan of water on the stove and bring it to a boil. Put in just enough noodles to go with the rest of my concoction.

I warm the steak up in the microwave and when it’s warm I pour in the gravy and then back into the microwave until it’s hot.

When the noodles are done I pour them into the steak/gravy concoction and have some buttered bread to make it a meal.

I’ll probably have a heart attack before I’m 50 but I’m going for convenience here. It’s fast, easy and fills me up.

Your turn. Do you have a fast easy meal for those times when your alone? If I try it and really like it you’ll get an applause.

wupy

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I suck at cookin' and I'm lazy.

However the most bomb ass combo of two side dishes imo is ranch style beans and mac n cheese.

I guess it all started when I was a kid and they'd merge on my plate, it's the bomb.

Never actually made them and put them together for the purpose of creating said dish, but when they be there, next to eachother, I can't resist but to mix them.

damn I'm so hungry now...

but if I was to attempt cookage, Hambruger Meat + Mac N Cheese + Ranch Style Beans = damn we smoked a lot.

If only I had all three I'd go for it right now, but looks like I'll be going to Taco Smell or Whataburger.....

(sighs)

oh but fast meal that I have made?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Heres something I made up when i was single. Pretty tasty, and you can substitute any ingredients for those you like.

pita pizza:

chopped up garlic (you can buy jars of this in the store if you are really lazy)
1 large round pita bread
pre-sliced swiss cheese
a couple of green onions
a package of shrimp
pesto sauce or paste

cook the shrimp in the microwave. chop up green onions and garlic and throw them in a bowl with the pesto sauce. add the shrimp, then stir up. spread out in a thin layer on the pita bread. put in an oven at about 325 farenheit (preheat first) and let cook for aout 5 minutes. Then pull out, put slices of swiss cheese on top, then pop back in oven until cheese is melted. Bon appetit.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Entree:
Brown a pound of ground beef.
Crack an egg into it.
Stir until egg whitens.
Remove from stove.
Add small can of Van Camp's Beenie Weenie.

Side:
Handful of Frito's Corn Chips

Enjoy!

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
15-20 minutes in the morning, before you go to work, and you will be welcomed home by the aroma of many a "home-cooked" meal.

Italian Cheese Steak Subs: (1-2 subs)
2-4 Minute Steaks
1/2 small onion (sliced in strips)
1/2 green pepper (sliced in strips)
8oz can tomato sauce
salt, pepper, oregano, etc. to your liking.
sub/steak rolls

- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of sauce into the bottom of the crock pot, to prevent sticking.

- Cover with 2 Minute Steaks, 1/2 the onions and green peppers. Sprinkle a few more tablespoons of sauce followed by the remaining steaks, onions and peppers. Top with any/all remaining sauce. Add a touch of salt, pepper, oregano, etc. to you liking. Cover and place on Low.

Go to work.

When you come home all you need to do is get out the rolls, some Parmesian/Mozzerella/Provolone cheese [whichever floats your boat] and perhaps a salad, chips, etc.

Enjoy. .. and cleanup is a whiz.

------------------------------------------

Bachelor's Easy Stew

1/2-3/4 # Stew meat or hamburger -- 1 can Carrots, drained -- 2 small Potatoes -- quartered -- 4 Cubes beef bouillon -- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs -- 2 cups water

Put all ingredients in the crockpot. Add water and turn on crock pot on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Thicken with a mixture of flour and a little cold water, if desired. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with biscuits [butter bread
].

------------------------------------------

I know from my days of bachelorhood, the crock pot welcomed me with the aroma of many a "home-cooked" meal, with little prep time involved.

It sure beats fast food or last minute throw-togethers out of desperation.

new topics

top topics

join