It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's "Trophy" (New weapon)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I see the Israel haters made an early appearence in this thread.

I can only hope that they are one day subjected to life under the rule of these animals that countries like the US, UK, and Israel are fighting against.

How dare those Israelis go after terrorists who had the totally safe and apparently highly enjoyable hobby of lobbing rockets at random into civilian areas. Don't they know they should just try to ignore Hezbollah.

If we are breeding such morons in our own society, we stand no chance of convincing Muslims that our intentions are sound.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This tech is very interesting and effective against ballistic munitions....

Now you know the nature of war and what tends to occur as a result of new defensive techniques right??

What do you think would happen if a tank with this tech fitted would fair against a RAIL GUN or an ENERGY based weapon such as a HIGH POWERED LASER???

This defence is perfect against the type of war currently being used in the middle east.

HOWEVER.... if there were a sustained war against a sufficiently advanced nation then I think we will start to see the first energy based weapons being used.

Anyone for a phaser????

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

What do you think would happen if a tank with this tech fitted would fair against a RAIL GUN or an ENERGY based weapon such as a HIGH POWERED LASER???

against a rail gun it wouldnt have an effect would it? i thought rail guns had such a high projectile velocity that the projectile would hit the tank and destoy it via impact energy not high explosives.

agaisnt a laser - no explosive tip so no effect. we arent in star wars with deflector shields.

would it be possible to make a warhead with a physical detonator thereby making this trophy system worthless due to no electrics to fry?

justin

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If it works, it would be great news. A good find.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Retseh... youre so quick to call people morons. Why is that? If you had any sort of brain you would have ignored the comments instead you want a fight. And you think you can do this with your sarcasm. The thread is about a system of defense for tanks and apc's, that, apparently, has been copied from the Russians (no surprise to me). Instead you guys are talking politics. Well I'll tell you somthing if I were to move to the US with all the people of my country and said I did it because God said the land was mine would they just give up the land. Think about it bro.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Double post,

original post here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

admins job but what the heck.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It really doesn't "fry" anything, if I understand the scuttlebutt, it sort of shoots a wad of high-density plastic b-b's that hit the RPG and set it off prematurely.

Sheriff has something similar. Not exactly the same, but similar.

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Duplicate Thread

Let's focus discussion of the Trophy system in this thread:

Stryker Trophy System Destroys RPGs at First U.S. Live-Fire Tests

If anyone disagrees with this decision, please let me know.

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join