It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israel's "Trophy" (New weapon)

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Gonna be something to see this thing deployed:


www3.youtube.com...


Boycott ARABS




posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah they need it so they can kill more people uninterrupted





Pie



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is a joke not to mention DOUBLE STANDARDS,

Can you imagine if i posted a video showing the lastest in German oven technology to cook Jews in, THERE WOULD BE AN OUTRAGE !!!!!.



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
From what I understand the last two above me stand for the legitimate right of every arab to use its RPG for killing...and some defence weapon is going to take those rights...those damn jews...they always use their heads to screw the poor arabs...



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
This is a joke not to mention DOUBLE STANDARDS,

Can you imagine if i posted a video showing the lastest in German oven technology to cook Jews in, THERE WOULD BE AN OUTRAGE !!!!!.



That is the most stupid thing I have read in in long time.

The video shows how a new system will protect tanks and troop carriers from rpg's and missles.

This is a PURLY! defensive invention.

WTF does it have to do with what you said.

the only thing I can get from your post is YOU want American and allied troops to be hurt and killed.



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
That is the most stupid thing I have read in in long time.

The video shows how a new system will protect tanks and troop carriers from rpg's and missles.

This is a PURLY! defensive invention.

WTF does it have to do with what you said.

the only thing I can get from your post is YOU want American and allied troops to be hurt and killed.


ummm...that is the majority of ATS....They hate americans and allied forces for various reasons. This is but another excuse




posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That is very cool! I hope it works very well and the terrorists are put in their place. Six feet under.

Roper



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow thats awesome, *AS OF NOW* I AM SELLING SUPER SECRET FORCE FIELD T SHIRTS, ALSO GET THE 2012 END OF THE WORLD CTHULU T-SHIRT OR HOODIE, YOUR CHOICE.
I never thought there would be force fields. crazy



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Originally posted by helium3
This is a joke not to mention DOUBLE STANDARDS,

Can you imagine if i posted a video showing the lastest in German oven technology to cook Jews in, THERE WOULD BE AN OUTRAGE !!!!!.



That is the most stupid thing I have read in in long time.

The video shows how a new system will protect tanks and troop carriers from rpg's and missles.

This is a PURLY! defensive invention.

WTF does it have to do with what you said.

the only thing I can get from your post is YOU want American and allied troops to be hurt and killed.


Are you on drugs ?,

Your interpretational skills seem to be about as developed and fine tuned your reading skills. Where in that post did i mention wishing death on US and allied troops ?. If you lack the ability to understand my metaphors then just read the next post in the thread
.



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
This is a joke not to mention DOUBLE STANDARDS,

Can you imagine if i posted a video showing the lastest in German oven technology to cook Jews in, THERE WOULD BE AN OUTRAGE !!!!!.


*Double takes*

Alright, obviously somewhere you crossed tools of genocide and Armor Defense.

I don't know what relevence you're post about making ovens to cook jews has to do with the Israeli TROPHY, but apparantly you don't know what it does.

It is an electro-magnetic force-field that disables a warhead's explosive tip and renders a projectile such as an RPG utterly useless against Armor. It's a defensive platform for vehicles, of course to save the lives of the crews of those inside APCs and such. I'm all for it if it helps our men in green and tan.

Shattered OUT...



posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Are you on drugs ?,

Your interpretational skills seem to be about as developed and fine tuned your reading skills. Where in that post did i mention wishing death on US and allied troops ?. If you lack the ability to understand my metaphors then just read the next post in the thread
.



After your first post, I should ask you the same question. You dont think that it is OK for Israel to come up with a defensive system agianst the most common weapon they(or anyone anywhere in armed conflict right now) encounter on the Battlefield? I guess it doesnt make the fight fair though does it?



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
...
I don't know what relevence you're post about making ovens to cook jews has to do with the Israeli TROPHY, but apparantly you don't know what it does.

It is an electro-magnetic force-field that disables a warhead's explosive tip and renders a projectile such as an RPG utterly useless against Armor. ...


Sorry, but...
Trophy is neither a using electromagnetism (apart from its Radar) nor is it a "forcefield" - Trophy is a completely ordinary hard kill APS. It detects incoming objects and shoots a physical countermeasure into its path. (something the Russians have been experimenting with for decades).

The video itself is ridiculous. It is made in a way to suggest that Trophy would be A. something unheard of; and B. a REAL forcefield.

Anyway, soemone recently told me that the "Trophy for Strykers" idea has been cancelled... I don´t know how much truth is in that.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
From what I understand the last two above me stand for the legitimate right of every arab to use its RPG for killing...and some defence weapon is going to take those rights...those damn jews...they always use their heads to screw the poor arabs...


and i thought i was the worlds most sarcastic person.

You have voted ZMax for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

justin



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
justin_barton3,
thank you...
I hope you know what you're doing :-)



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonestar24
Sorry, but...
Trophy is neither a using electromagnetism (apart from its Radar) nor is it a "forcefield" - Trophy is a completely ordinary hard kill APS. It detects incoming objects and shoots a physical countermeasure into its path. (something the Russians have been experimenting with for decades).

The video itself is ridiculous. It is made in a way to suggest that Trophy would be A. something unheard of; and B. a REAL forcefield.

Anyway, soemone recently told me that the "Trophy for Strykers" idea has been cancelled... I don´t know how much truth is in that.

Reviewing the video, it seems to suggest that some sort of counter-measure is in fact used, so I guess it's not just a the field itself, the field isn't even there, it's just an imaginary bubble to which the vehicle is protected in. The video is very misleading. No where does it say that it definitely uses a force-field though, it just says it's "Top Secret".

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 4-8-2006 by ShatteredSkies]



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I dont have time to find it, but this is a duplicate post, there have already been multiple threads on the Trophy system.



posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Once an incoming threat is detected identified and verified, the Countermeasure Assembly is opened, the countermeasure device is positioned in the direction where it can effectively intercept the threat. Then, it is launched automatically into a ballistic trajectory to intercept the incoming threat at a relatively long distance


www.defense-update.com...


And teh russians have been using it for a good few years now:

armor.kiev.ua...

www.defense-update.com...


seems there playing catch-up again .

hmmm maybe Israel bought Arena and just renamed it



posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Great technology!!!

I think that it is some sort of a high-energy, high-frequency electromagnetic-field.
This beam heats up the target until it explodes.

I believe that this defence-system is already much more improved today and that it is already tested several years ago.
This is way top secret, isnt it?

I think that this system has some more abilities.
Maybe it can stop rockets like the stinger or TOW?

Think of a huge base/camp defence system or a helicopter defence system like in the video.

They are going to get invincible. Only God knows what they have already in their arsenal.


Maybe it can stop bullets in the future.



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hmm a commercial enterprise get FOX to run a PR story about their new system .


Is it deployable in the field, does it work, is it reliable, can it deal with multiple threats, will anyone buy it etc etc?????? The links carry features on this system dating back to 2004 and still no deployment.

Plus would you want to be infantry deployed near a IFV fitted with this? - you'll get peppered with these pellets / spliters etc it spits out

Honestly, news services should be asking why the US army fields inadequate vehicles while even the impoverished British Army can field Warrior which has an excellent record against RPG's



posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Other then the fact that this topic is not a double, but at least a quadruple post, which seems to appear at least once a month, ShatteredSkies yet again puts his foot in his mouth.


It is an electro-magnetic force-field that disables a warhead's explosive tip and renders a projectile such as an RPG utterly useless against Armor.


Thank God for Lonestar24 setting it straight again.

This FOX travesty was already picked apart as a complete fabrication in another thread, just as skippytic and Harlequin pointed out.

So far the ONLY successfully fielded and battle tested Hard Kill systems are of Russian origin.

Various systems were fielded on active duty in Afghanistan and Chechnya.

End of story, end of thread.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join