Feds searching for GUNMAN AT CAPITOL HILL

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Being reported on FoxNews right now (can't find it online yet), a man was entering an office building on capitol hill with a gun in his bag. He actually ran into the building and supposedly has a .38 caliber handgun. The office building on capitol hill is being evacuated.

EDIT: Here is a news article I found on it:

Associated Press
Thursday, October 30, 2003; 1:52 PM

The Cannon House Office Building on Capitol Hill is locked because Capitol Police say a man with a gun may have entered the building.

www.washingtonpost.com...

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
"She said that people may leave the Cannon Building if they consent to a search."

so....he can stay in there forever?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Members of Congress & House of Representatives have their offices in this building.

That's written in a very strange way, isn't it.. They "may" leave the building "if" they consent to a search. FoxNews is reporting that the building is being "evacuated".

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
FoxNews just reported that Capitol Police are now looking for a second gunman.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
just received a cnn breaking news email...

you might find more on this at cnn.com

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Evidently the second individual is a female.

Cnn.com is promising "details soon".

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken the terms "may leave" and "if they want" are usually put in to prevent panic. It's a nice way of saying "get the hell out of here" but also "be calm and have a nice day".

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Its not me, THIS TIME LOL

Toy Gun LOL

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
two suspects in custody, had TOY GUNS!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It was part of a Holloween costume LOL LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Its not me, THIS TIME LOL

Toy Gun LOL

That's right, the official story is that it was a toy gun, part of a halloween costume, and that both suspects are in custody. However, if news reports have been geared toward reducing "panic" (hence the language issue pointed out by Djarums), I wouldn't put it past the feds to put a 'toy gun' cover story out to further reduce panic.

Sounds like disinformation to me-- the behavior is that someone was holding a gun and someone ran past security. You don't run past security at Capitol Hill as a prank, particularly during Ramadan.

Could this have been a terrorist probe to test the security response?

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Happy Halloween

Yea, your right, we wernt there. But it might be that the person running didnt think twice about it, and may not have known that security saw it for anything other than what it was.............It happens...

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I heard them slapping them selves on the back for spotting the gun. What good is security if someone can get past? There should be no excuse like, "it was really crowded". What if the bag had a bio weapon or a bomb, it would be too late, they already got in the building. Security spotted the gun and the guy had time to grab the bag and run off? What if he handed the bag to someone that came in earlier and that person handed it to someone else and so on.....or just cirtian contents of the bag that were not noticed because of the attention on the gun and by the time they got the bag with the gun back they didn't or wouldn't know what could have been hidden somewhere for later use or in the case of a bio-weapon already used. How secure is this building supose to be? I would imagine it's a pretty secure building since it has tunnells running to the capital and it has lawmakers offices in it. Someone was not doing their job. Someone should be fired.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
forgive me for this totally OT statement: Baked, I love the avatar!

/unhijack

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I must hand the Credit to DarkLancer I had the leaf he made it in to art. Yours is great too....Reminds me of Andy Worhol (spelling?)

top topics

join