It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hezbollah threatens tel aviv, how will the attack happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili

Yep, here it is:

The IDF also believes that it seriously damaged the long-range rocket array in the first night of air strikes almost three weeks ago and impaired Hizbullah's ability to fire the rockets.
The longer-range Zelzal missiles, manufactured by Iran and capable of reaching Tel Aviv, have also not been fired at Israel, and the IDF believes this is because it destroyed almost two-thirds of these in the Hizbullah arsenal.

Ah this clarifies a lot. How could Israel believe it destroyed or damaged the long range rockets in the first night while:

-While Israel's intelligence forces weren't capable of indentifying Hezbollah's weaponry, including it's mid- and long range missiles
-Several days after the conflict started Hezbollah launched its first mid range missile, which came as a total surprise.

Sounds strange claiming you have destroyed something of which you didn't know it actually existed. In my opinion yet another piece of Zionist propaganda.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Ah this clarifies a lot. How could Israel believe it destroyed or damaged the long range rockets in the first night while:

-While Israel's intelligence forces weren't capable of indentifying Hezbollah's weaponry, including it's mid- and long range missiles
-Several days after the conflict started Hezbollah launched its first mid range missile, which came as a total surprise.

Sounds strange claiming you have destroyed something of which you didn't know it actually existed. In my opinion yet another piece of Zionist propaganda.

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Mdv2]

Indeed, as I stated, the source was unreliable, Israel intelligence forces might be overrated, since they as well failed to identify Hezbollah's anti-ship missile capability, thus ending in a hit in the newest toy of the Israeli Navy.

Also, Israel had the belief they would trample over Hezbollah much as they tend to do in Gaza and Palestine. A couple of bulldozers won't do the job this time though.
They've suffered some tank losses, and considering their weaponry and training superiority, not quite a good kill ratio (unless you count civilians, which they are very good at killing, I will admit).

Though why admitting the thermal suits? Sounds as an excuse as to why aren't they being succesful..."They've got elf cloaks, so we can't see them, that is why our superiority is not being useful..."

<< 1  2   >>

join