It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hezbollah threatens tel aviv, how will the attack happen?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sounds about right....Israel has more firepower and they are fighting a terrorist enemy who is hiding amongst cicilians. Collateral damage is gonna happen. Until the people of these nations understand that their "leaders" do not have their best interests in mind by harboring terrorists, then they shouldnt complain.

Back to the subject at hand. I seriously dount Nasrallah makes good on a claim to hit Tel Aviv. Its just more typical "mid-east leader" retoric.

Boycott ARABS

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Sounds about right....Israel has more firepower and they are fighting a terrorist enemy who is hiding amongst cicilians. Collateral damage is gonna happen. Until the people of these nations understand that their "leaders" do not have their best interests in mind by harboring terrorists, then they shouldnt complain.

9 to 1 "collateral" damage? Nasrallah can hit Tel Aviv

The longer-range Zelzal missiles, manufactured by Iran and capable of reaching Tel Aviv, have also not been fired at Israel

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yeah we'll see if he actually has them, or just talks about having them.

Boycott ARABS

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
I forgot to mention that Tel Aviv is surrounded by Patriot Missile batteries. Even if Hezbollah did launch these missiles there is very slight chances they'd hit Tel Aviv. It is the administrative capital of Israel after all, it is protected.

Subz, I think you might be putting a little too much faith in the Patriots. Trust me when I say this, they are next to bloody useless. I can only think of about 3 or 4 occasions in all the times they have been used where they got a kill. One of those was against an RAF Tornado.

I am willing to concede that upgrades have been done on the platform, but my Dad works on the things with the British Army and they are not rated as anywhere near as effective as the hype tells you.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Yeah we'll see if he actually has them, or just talks about having them.

Boycott ARABS

Oh, he has them alright. Every threat Hezbollah have stated, they have lived up too, so I have no reason to doubt they will this time.

On a side note, it's funny that people are willing to say Iran has nukes, with no evidence, but on the other hand, dismiss Hezbollah's capabilities when it is known they have these weapons.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
OK Mr Hezbo leader time to come out and play.......Israel is pounding Beirut so where is this strike on Tel Aviv? Me thinks you full of it just like that imbocile from Iran. All talk.

Boycott MUSLIMS

[edit on 4-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I just have something to say:

Boycott prince of peace.

Seriously, it's very stupid to generalize like you do in almost ALL you're posts. All muslims are bad, all muslims are terrorists. You know this kind of things. You're a troll or what?

And yes Hezbollah is able to strike Tel-Aviv. If they do, expect Syria/Iran and possibly other countries.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No different than everyone who wants to boycott Israel. I would say thats a generalization as well. It just seems to be a bit one-sided on this board as most are anti-Israeli/Jew, pro Islamic facist terrorism. All Muslims might not be terrorists, but can you say that about Hezbollah, Al-Queda, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, the Iranian and Syrian regimes?

Boycott MUSLIMS

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah. Right. People on this board are in majority pro-Israël, sorry to say that. Also, regardless of what you're medias, run by neo-con Rupert Murdoch, seems to say, Hamas is a terrorist organisation?

Sorry, they are not. Palestinians love them, is it why they are terrorists? Because they fight back Israël? Because they try to get back their prisonners? Because they are not corrupt like Fatah was? Who created Hamas? Israël.

And Hezbollah wants peace and a prisonner exchange since the BEGINNING of the war. Israël and the US are blocking everything leading to peace in the region and a cease-fire. Both parties are wrong but Israël and USA are the biggest threat to stability and peace in the region. They also have the biggest power, so they have the biggest responsability to use it for peace. Israël should only have the rights to use his army to defend his own territory, not attack others. And no, the present war is not defense.

And who's the real killer in all this? What's the ratio of death?

Israëli civilians/military/injured 30/44/600
Lebanon civilians/hezbollah/injured 675/50/2327
Palestinians civilians/militants/injured 175/85/620

Killing AGAIN civilians:
Link

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
You might as well drop this "boycot this, boycot that" remarks in posts. They are off-topic! There are rules about what you can put in your signatures but you guys put this in the posts. Stop that now!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The patriot missile is highly effective when used correctly.

At the start of the Iraq liberation Saddam fired a scud at the Coalition War Room. This building is the high command for the whole operation.

A patriot missile fired of one rocket and intercepted the SCUD saving the US military base.

Unless that is one of the 4 situations?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Scud are very easy to down with patriots. It's the easier target of all. They are big. With the Zelzal-2, it will be much harder.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Whilst trying to not stray too far off topic...

Patriots, for want of a better word, are described as "wank", to quote my father. As a former soldier of 25 years service and now a civilian instructor for the Army, I am inclined to trust his opinion.

Patriots where far from effective against scuds, I can think of only a few that were actually "killed" by Patriots. The rest just fall out the air as they too, are "wank".

Patriots do appear to pretty good AA missiles though, after all, one of their few confirmed kills was an RAF Tornado....

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well, now that this whole war has esceladed to the point of no return, I think I'm more curious to see what will happen next than anything, though I do wish the whole thing would stop.

I'm in between on if there will be an attack on Tel Aviv, on one hand you have a guy whose kept his word on all the attacks he's said, but on the other hand it may well just be hype.

Perhaps in the end the middle-east will just be a bunch of radioactive crater.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Perhaps in the end the middle-east will just be a bunch of radioactive crater.

I fear this as well, nor do I hope Hezbollah will launch missiles on Tel Aviv. We shouldn't rule out the possibility of a set up clandestine operation in Israel with dirty bombs. Iran and Syria would be definitely held responsible for it. If this happens, then it really escalates.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Double post...

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Ioseb_Jugashvili]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, those hits are getting closer, Hadera being the farthest hit yet...50 miles past the Lebanese border... And that's just using rockets...wonder how accurate a missile would be into Tel Aviv.

Reason why they haven't used missiles yet is because Israel blew up most of them, at the beginning of the war. They were foolish enough to have them in stockpiles, instead of disperse them...
Here's the battlefield map and attacks, and when did they happened

Attack on both sides

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ioseb_Jugashvili

Reason why they haven't used missiles yet is because Israel blew up most of them, at the beginning of the war. They were foolish enough to have them in stockpiles, instead of disperse them...
[/url]

How do you know this Ios? Do you have a source, I'd be interested to read it.
Personally, I think there's a lack of skilled people that can actually launch the more advanced missiles. Lately, I heard Iranian engineering teams were on their way to Lebanon, I don't think that's coincidentally.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

How do you know this Ios? Do you have a source, I'd be interested to read it.
Personally, I think there's a lack of skilled people that can actually launch the more advanced missiles. Lately, I heard Iranian engineering teams were on their way to Lebanon, I don't think that's coincidentally.

Yep, here it is:

The IDF also believes that it seriously damaged the long-range rocket array in the first night of air strikes almost three weeks ago and impaired Hizbullah's ability to fire the rockets.
The longer-range Zelzal missiles, manufactured by Iran and capable of reaching Tel Aviv, have also not been fired at Israel, and the IDF believes this is because it destroyed almost two-thirds of these in the Hizbullah arsenal.

My source is not what I would call the most reliable (no offense, but it’s obviously biased, The Jerusalem Post.) Yet I did find something…funny, stated at the same link

Hizbullah fighters were also found to be using special thermal suits that retained their body heat and curtailed IDF attempts to discover them at night.

That would explain why IDF has been not very effective against Hezbollah…
I wonder…I don’t think Hezbollah has the capability to make such suits, so my best guess is Iran…wonder what other weapons Iran has in stock for Israel and the US?

Link: Jerusalem Post

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That would explain why IDF has been not very effective against Hezbollah…
I wonder…I don’t think Hezbollah has the capability to make such suits, so my best guess is Iran…wonder what other weapons Iran has in stock for Israel and the US?

Would a suit of Aluminium foil work? Should in Theory, but I'm not sure how comfortable a suit of Bacofoil would be....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join