It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating your own boogers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

how could anyone do that and how can docters say eatin your boogers is healthy for u and yea so wtf its gross but my lil brother likes to eat his boogers and hes 10 so ill tell him to keep on doin that

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

ok honestly eating your boogers is very healthy, before you pass judgement you should read up on your facts. Several professionals have proven that eating your boogers is a great way to improve your immune system.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
A cousin of mine used to eat his boogers mixed with earwax. He said it tasted good.

Your cousin has something wrong with him.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Scarecrow

Mucophagy is the medical term for snot eating,the consumption of the nasal mucus obtained from nose picking.

If you want to indulge in a spot of Mucophagy then I won't judge-just don't let any pretty girls see you doing it!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Dang...

I was hoping for photos...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i love to pick my nose

sometimes when i wake up my nose is awfully dry and packed with boogers

mostly green and red dry/wet boogers

i never consider eating them

but the immune benifets are interesting

i like to wiper them on my tile floor

but

i have to remember to clean them up later so people arent offended

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

he's right ... it does strengthen the immune system ... its like 2 in 1 ... you're nose and is clean and you're full!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love eating snot. I have been a nose-mucus eater since I was a little tiny boy. I used to do it whenever I felt like it just because it tastes real good, but now there is a separate, distinct thrill from knowing I'm eating my own boogers. Sometimes I dig a tissue in my nose to make me sneeze repeatedly, and then blow the great volume of snot this generates out of my sinuses and down my upper lip, onto my tongue. It's a huge turnon looking at myself in the mirror with great trails of mucus out of one or both nostrils dripping down onto my tongue!

And snoteating is a blast when practiced along with saliva-play. When I'm having a snot-eating session, sometimes I like to drool all over myself too, and have great dripping festoons of snot and mucousy saliva dripping down my face. Then after they dry, I can scrape them off as magnificent, salty boogers.

Back when I was growing up, I used to get called "gross" a lot because people would see me picking my nose and eating my snot. And picking my zits too! I used to pop them and eat the zits, sometimes just blackheads and sometimes bloody pus, right off my fingers. Now I KNOW I'm fond of doing "gross" things, and I'd like to find another nose-eater and spit-drinker to have fun with exchanging our bodily fluids!

There should be no taboo about this tasty treat! Boogers-- yum!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I used to do a lot of road works and motorcycle riding in the centre of London, man I can tell you when I pulled out some of the naisel candy it was BLACK! All that crap in the air from the vehicles etc.

And I could compare the colour to those boogers produced in the fresh sweet Devon air, real organic nostrel gold thems were... So to sum up only harvest the best and you can't go far wrong.

As far as nutritional content goes I afraid I can't help... I'm more into the marksmanship aspect... Eating them just seems a waste.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The correct, scientific term is Rhinotillexomania. (as someone posted on the 2nd page, i believe).
I'm sorry... I had to post because i have relevant information and life experience.

Society, as a whole, is so damned stupid these days. Just eat your meds from pharma... they are the best (/sarcasm off). I have to say, from research and life experience, that eating one's boogers is a blessing and not a curse (sorry Ben Harper). I am not stuck with stigmas and 'not fitting in'. As such, I will say what most (probably 70%) of the people on this thread are getting at but not saying. Eat your f'n boogers. (this comming from a 26+ year closet booger eater).

Eating boogers is NOT the same as breathing in pathogens.

Eating contaminated (pollution ridden) boogers is not good for your health either, however.

Picking one's nose till it bleeds is not advisable since you can get a serious infection (but common, who, after 20 some odd years of practice picks it till it bleeds?)

That being said... if you do not live in London and take the sub-way everyday, it is perfectly healthy (in fact more than healthy) to eat your own boogers. Some might say it would be even healthier to eat other people's boogers (as disgusting as that sounds). Only reason I use London as an example is that I remember being a tourist there and getting home at the end of the day, picking my nose, inspecing it, and being like "holy S**t, I can't believe how much pollution i breathed in today (on account of my boogers being completely black, like when I used to help my family pitch hay on the farm).

I have not been sick (ill) in a long time. I see people all around me in the office getting sick all the time, seasonally. When I get sick... it is rare and long inbetween. If I DO get sick, I am out for a day - two, tops. Not like others who are out for a week.

There is a stigma in today's society that it is disgusting to eat one's own boogers (just like female armpit hair, which i find the sexiest thing ever). While in the past (ancient), it was common place to sit around and share the pickings (if you know what I mean).

This is just like the f'n cancer scam.

www.blogster.com... (read some of the comments)
en.wikipedia.org... (some insight)

"It’s just like how if a child grows up in a sterile environment where the parents clean non-stop then they can be more susceptible to air born germs than other children who’s parents clean… but not obsessively. Allowing your kids to get messy and crawl into dusty places sometimes allows for a stronger immune system. Also it cuts down on the possibilty of them having certain allergies when older."

I was born and raised in post cold-war Poland (82' right after chernobyl - they didn't tell us #, we just played outside all day, everyday in the fallout). It was common for us (kids) to play around in (by western standards) un-sanitary conditions. I once fell into a 'pond' (stock? silo? - basically a vat of fermented cow #) of manure when I was young - gulped a lot of it. We used to play in garbage disposers and pretend they were tanks (I wish I could find a picture on google - these things were like 3m x 6m and had lids on top so that we could pretend we were in tanks).

Anyways... let me get to the point. I do not get sick. I have not been sick in a long time. Read testimonies of many people who grew up like-wise. You will see a correlation. Bacteria = good. Anti-bacterial = bad.

More reading material:

www.sixwise.com...

wiki.answers.com...

straightuptruth.blogspot.com... (seriously read the comments section... real life testimonials)

"Booger eating is mainly during early childhood before socialization and realization that the habit is unacceptable and peers do not want to associate with a "booger eater." "

en.wikipedia.org...

www.guardian.co.uk...

I just picked a few sites from google... but search as you might (especially if there is a comments section, you will find that those that do 'eat their own boogers' are generally healtier... not only physically, but also emotionally because they don't buy into they hypes that society forces on them.)

Please prove me wrong. Someone please find an article that debacles the whole situation.

EDIT: I have an uncle... 97 years old, who lived through WWII (currently lives in London, England, since, after the war; immigration from Poland to London was huge. Polish soldiers helped defend London after Poland 'was lost'... awesome guy. Half my height, four times my age, greyer than Gandalf, healthier than a horse. He tells me that he 'eats them' (we have developed a healthy relationship). The guy tells me he is healthier than an oxe (at 97, i don't doubt him, compared to others his age) and still gets 'hard-ons'. LOL. I cannot believe the life this man has lead and he never seems to surprise me.

edit on 16-4-2011 by darius2025 because: sorry, typos... i'm a little drunk. (admins... sorry if i have not 'quoted' my sources properly but I am fairly new to this #.)

EDIT: Wow; i just realized the date I joined. That was the day i decided to change my life. I quite my job, just-like-that, without having another one ligned up. True, I didn't have a mortgage at the time... but, time is a funny anomaly.
edit on 16-4-2011 by darius2025 because: edit for the EDIT:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious. I think I probably picked them and ate them when I was a kid. And for someone to say it's healthy to do so are probably not very well informed. I guess it would depend on the environment in which you spend most of your time.
I work in an environmental lab where I use a lot of solvents like hexanes and dichloromethane (methylene chloride) to extract organic compounds from water and soil. I know for a fact that once in a while I inhale the fumes even though I work under a fume hood. To eat my boogers would be detrimental to my health. I do not pick my nose either, because if I scratch the inside of my nose with a fingernail and then breathe in these solvents it could be very bad. I have become quite effecient at rolling up some tissue and giving my nostrels a good swirling. Oh and I am also a shower rocket launcher much to my husband's dismay.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deadboi

I'm a little late to the party, but I came across this and I just had to reply:

One lone soul claims to devote over 2 hours each day to this ritual (I'm not a doctor and I can tell you that this guy definitely has rhinotillexomania).
I laughed for like 2 minutes at this

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dawgjay

I could only stomach reading a few of the posts here.
You are a sick puppy and I feel like I could throw up.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Isn't booger eatting one of those things everyone does but doesn't admit to? My kids do it, it's gross but they think it is the funniest thing, along with farting.

I knew a kid in high school that would pick and eat his scabs...and admited to it out right! He was also one of those guys who had 5 girlfriends and made out with them at lunch....if they only knew...ugh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join