It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else a guitar player?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey I play the guitar and am just wondering how many of you here play the guitar as well. If so, what equipment do you use, what kind of music do you play, are you in a band, etc...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I play Guitar also, I have a Squire Strat, and I am also in a Metal Band.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I play guitar. I'm accomplished at piano/keyboard though. I think learning piano first made it harder to pick up the guitar. But with already having the theroy and 'understanding' music - it wasn't too bad, even without a teacher.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I play guitar. I'm accomplished at piano/keyboard though. I think learning piano first made it harder to pick up the guitar.

Not that its a problem, I find it weird that you said its harder to guitar after playing piano...many people i know who play guitar actually said it helps to play piano first...actually music teachers and such say the same...not a problem, just thought it was weird...but yeah, to both of you, Ive played guitar for 4 1/2 years, play mainly Classic Rock/ Some heavy metal ( Zeppelin, Guns n's roses and such) also some Red hot chili peppers...i've got an Epiphone Les paul standard that cost me every dollar i've got...and i'm in a band

[edit on 4-8-2006 by AllinTheMind89]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllinTheMind89

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I play guitar. I'm accomplished at piano/keyboard though. I think learning piano first made it harder to pick up the guitar.

Not that its a problem, I find it weird that you said its harder to guitar after playing piano...many people i know who play guitar actually said it helps to play piano first...actually music teachers and such say the same...not a problem, just thought it was weird...but yeah, to both of you, Ive played guitar for 4 1/2 years, play mainly Classic Rock/ Some heavy metal ( Zeppelin, Guns n's roses and such) also some Red hot chili peppers...i've got an Epiphone Les paul standard that cost me every dollar i've got...and i'm in a band

[edit on 4-8-2006 by AllinTheMind89]

It makes it easier that you already understand the notes and chords and such - but in piano, I am use to getting the bass/beat out of one hand, and the other allows me to play a complete melody. I can think of a sound and procude it on the piano.
On the guitar - it was hard to "make music" the way it sounded in my head. It's harder to get a 'full' sounding piece of music for me on the guitar.
Also, at first it was just picking the thing up and trying to get my brain/fingers to figure things out and put sounds and movements together. The entire keyboard is up or down - with guitar - up and down, well, it don't work like my brian was use to working!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllinTheMind89
Hey I play the guitar and am just wondering how many of you here play the guitar as well. If so, what equipment do you use, what kind of music do you play, are you in a band, etc...

I have a custom American strat with a Mesa Boogie Nomad 45 tube amp.

I play jazz, blues,reggae, rock, jam-based(ie.. grateful dead, phish, etc..)

I used to be in a band up until about 3 years ago. Now I only play by myself.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I play guitar sometimes, it's one of my many hobbies lol... I have an American Strat and use GuitarPort.... Every now and then I check out blues bars in my area and jam with the bands....

If anyone wants to do a guitar belowtopsecret jam for podcast, send me a U2U. That would be fun. I can play any style almost or try to
maybe an easy blues backing would be great..

Here's a podcast I posted.... just some weird guitar leads I did.....
www.podtrac.com...

Oh... I went from classical piano to guitar as well...

[edit on 5-8-2006 by XPhiles]

top topics

join