It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arn't Arabic/Muslims in internment camps?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Shortly after 9/11 numerous Arabs were taken and detained, in solitary confinement, due to the Justice Department's new "Hold Untill Clear" policy.

We'll never know just how many because, shortly after they reported that it was over 1000 detainees, people finally started asking questions.

Watch the first 15mins. of Unconstitutional - The War on Our Civil Liberties to hear a bit more about it.

[edit on 8/11/06 by redmage]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How about this for an answer? Well, because the U.S. isn't as evil as everyone here seems to make it out to be!

There is no conspiracy to conquer the Earth. There never has been.

FDR once said that in order to combat evil, we must rise above it. This means that we should not sink to the level of these terrorists who want us dead. And that means we must not sacrifice human dignity to defeat evil. That's why no Arabs or Muslims are interned in prison camps.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Maybe they were here illegaly. MAybe there alot more then 1000 muslims in this country so the percentage detained is nill. Maybe just maybe the gov had legitamte concerns about some of these people and its was time to act on these suspects. I mean god forbid right. Is the gov just supposed to snap it's fingers and make everything ok?

In a country of close to 300 million people rounding up 1000 people for reasons which we do not know does not constitute a police state or even come close to the WW2 internment. And certainly people asking about it didn't stop it. Guantanamo is still going despite international critisism and thank the cosmos for it, you get caught shooting at US troops you get the treatment...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
FDR once said that in order to combat evil, we must rise above it. This means that we should not sink to the level of these terrorists who want us dead. And that means we must not sacrifice human dignity to defeat evil. That's why no Arabs or Muslims are interned in prison camps.

But... FDR was the one who put thousands of Japanese, Germans, and others into internment camps at the start of the US entering WWII.

Originally posted by American Madman
In a country of close to 300 million people rounding up 1000 people for reasons which we do not know does not constitute a police state or even come close to the WW2 internment. And certainly people asking about it didn't stop it. Guantanamo is still going despite international critisism and thank the cosmos for it, you get caught shooting at US troops you get the treatment...

Considering that Dearborn, MI, and NYC together have a combined population of about 100K Arabic people, it's pretty safe to say that there are many more. I don't know where I could find such a demographic, though.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by mondegreen
After reading much on this issue has anyone thought of who is from the arab muslim countries and who they are.

So... Your reason that something like this didn't happen was because there are famous people who would have been locked up? Were there any famous Japanese, German, or Italian people who would have been locked up in the 40s? If so, were they?

Originally posted by American Madman
At the moment there is no need to place people in camps. The small number of infiltrators are pale in comparison to people who are here for a better life. Plus modern survailence limits the need to round people up. They can track your calls your money hell just about anything they want.

Ah, an excellent point! I hadn't even thought of the advancements in survailence. Though, the small number of spies or sabotuers in the 40s was very slim compared to the people who had come to America to make a better life as well.

So your saying lets have a surveillance will protect our freedoms from the boogeyman, Does this mean a chip in the skin to protect us frome evil. I believe I had the thought and not reason to say that why should all people of the arab/muslim race be locked up for what someone thought they did or might do. If all america can do is hate then thats all it will get! Its a shame we have gotten to the point that our fears become the chains the binds us to a New World Order!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh your so dramatic. First of all if you think survailence of the populace is something new, then well sorry, time to wipe them eyes. The government can and has been through everyone's finance and phone records this was done long ago it will be done long after the War on terror. No one is trading their rights. The only difference is that that its publicized now. No one cares about you in particular unless your dealing with known groups of people considered hostile to America. Otherwise they couldn't care much less.

And lets give a rest to the "if all america can do is hate" crap

America is the largest BY FAR donar of food and money to the poor. Both government and civilian wise. Do you see any other country do a quarter of what we do? nope The rest of the world is concerned with itself and doesn't give a rats ass about anyone else.

Do you arabs and muslims giving large sums of aid to the palestinians... nope
Do you see africans helping themselves... nope
I do see americans helping those people though...

We need a new world order... One that unites the globe under reason and logic and doesn't try to blind us with religion and petty diplomacy.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by American Madman]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And were the german put in internment camps? No. Because the americans were racists. And they are still for a vast majority, thanks to the anti-muslim propaganda. I still think that if USA would have had the choice to nuke Berlin instead of Nagasaki and Hiroshima they wouldn't have do it, because germans were white, not yellow.

If they really put muslims in internment camps, SHAME ON THEM.

That is completely correct.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Actually as another poster pointed out germans were interned as well as itallians just not to the same extent. So actually it is not correct.

Why do people act as if killing someone with tnt is different the killing someone with a nuke? If anything a nuked won't leave you half alive. As if its somehow evil to kill with a nuke but ok otherwise...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Actually, some Germans were inprisoned. I know of one camp in the southeastern US that was used to as a POW camp for German officers captured in Europe. However a large number of the German immigrants in the 1930s and 1940 were German Jews.

Although it may sound strange, and most people don't think of this way,
Japan did attack America. Remember Pearl Harbor? Japan also tried to send bombs to the west coast on balloons. A few actually made it across the Pacific and occasionally are found in remote places on the west coast.

This did not however justify the rounding up of asian-americans and putting them in internment camps.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
America does not have the BALLS to do it.....

Same reason why we are still in Iraq, getting blown up on a daily basis...

America does not have the BALLS to go all out. We are to afraid of public and international opinion. We will continue to fight to survive, insted of fight to win. Look at what we just did to Isreal. They were on the way to destroying Hezbollah, but we signed off on a UN resolution to reign them in. This is BS.

These (people, terrorist, WACKOS...pick your word) see any consession by the other side as a win. They have stated clearly that their goal is to destroy the US and Isreal. What is it going to take? A nuke set off in one of our cities?

We search 80 year old grandmothers at the airport. Granted not all Muslims are terrorists, but so far...all terrorists have been Muslims. It's time to toss aside all the pollitically correct BS, and go after the ones who fit the profile. Like the old saying goes...If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....Then it probably is a duck.

America needs to start charging people with treason, and then executing them. Is this a 2 way sword, HELL YEAH. But there comes a time when politics need to be thrown aside, and all need to fight for the greater good. Those who don't need to be taken out of the picture.

I used to consider myself a Republican, but that no longer holds true. Now I consider myself an Independent, since most of the Republicans are as bad as the Democrats.

These Islamic Terrorists are out to destroy our very basic right to life. I will vote for anyone who proposes, taking them out first. Yes I know I;m going to get flamed here, but I voted for Bush both times. The first time, I liked his ideas. The second time was purely do to his stance on terrorism. As for his domestic policies, (Especially Illegal Immigration) I would have supported his Impeachment. I stuck with him for his fight on terrorism, until this week when he reigned Isreal in. Now if y'all want to impeach him, I may not vote for it, but I sure as Hell won't vote against it.

My vote now goes to ANYONE who is willing to obliterate these Islamic Terrorist. Someone who will do the job. Public and international opinion be damned. This may sound extreme and it IS. But I truely believe it has come to a point, that it is us or them.

Iran is willing to hold the world hostage to oil, if UN (Which BTW is the most useless organization I have ever seen) puts sanctions on them. The Democrats cry...we went to war in Iraq for oil. Well if this is true, then we f*cked up. Majorly! Gas and oil prices are at an all time high.

Let me ask you this, besides being directly attacked, what is Americas next most vital national interest?...Give up? It is OIL! Because of all the leftist wackos here, we are virtually forbidden to drill for our own oil. And even if that would change right now, it would take atleast 5 years to see any change. If a politician told me they were going to WAR to guarentee our oil supply, I'd vote for them in a heartbeat. All this talk about renewable energy sources is good, I hope it happens,...BUT IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. So unless we guarentee the flow of oil from outside the country,, or tell all the eco-weinies to FO, we aren't going to see any change for 3-5 years. (I could go on and on about this, but I'll leave it at this)

Until America has the BALLS to do what needs to be done....The Islamofacist of the world have us by the BALLS!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mondegreen
So your saying lets have a surveillance will protect our freedoms from the boogeyman, Does this mean a chip in the skin to protect us frome evil.

No, I didn't say that in the slightest... I really fail to see where you could have gotten that out of my statements as well.

If all america can do is hate then thats all it will get! Its a shame we have gotten to the point that our fears become the chains the binds us to a New World Order!

Are you thinking that I am advocating putting Muslims/Arabics into internemnt camps? If so, please do yourself a favor and reread the very first sentence of this thread.

Originally posted by Timeseer
That is completely correct.

Um... Looks like you haven't read this thread through all the way...

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Why aren't Arabic/Muslims in internment camps?
Because they keep them for the massive purge of the americans against police state when the time will come (till next 2.5 years). All those who will be against the democraps or those in power will be terrorists (patriots protecting the constitution against a dictatorship).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join