It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why arn't Arabic/Muslims in internment camps?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
First of all, I want to say I am not condoning that it be done...

Now think about this... It's late 1942. The Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, destroying and damaging our Pacific Fleet. The repercusions that Japanese people living in America faced was to be put into internment camps. Obviously, not all of them were sabotuers, spies, or even the enemy.

It's mid 2001. The fringe, Arabic, Muslim group Al Queda attacks the US, destroying and damaging important sites around the nation. The repercusions they faced at home? A few beatings from misinformed people.

Now, people always say that the current administration is out to kill off the Muslim/Arabic world. People also say that there are internment camps around the nation, just waiting to be used. Now, wouldn't the events of 9/11 be the perfect time for those in power to round up all Arabic and Muslim people and put them into these camps?

So, were there any moves to do anything like this by the administration? Was there any public outcry (even from our own fringe groups like the KKK) to have this done? Why do you think it didn't happen?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
And were the german put in internment camps? No. Because the americans were racists. And they are still for a vast majority, thanks to the anti-muslim propaganda. I still think that if USA would have had the choice to nuke Berlin instead of Nagasaki and Hiroshima they wouldn't have do it, because germans were white, not yellow.

If they really put muslims in internment camps, SHAME ON THEM.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well lets see.....
Since there is this conspiracy that the U.S. govt. committed such horrible act on 9/11, why should the U.S. govt. be rounding up the Muslims Americans?

But then there is this conspiracy where Bush says Islam is religion of peace and he meets these Muslim clerics who represents the millions of Muslim-Americans and does not condone where people (individually) are targeting Muslims or people who look Arabic.

I could go on, but I think people get the idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And were the german put in internment camps? No.

Not to the extent of the way the Japanese were interned, but yes...

www.serve.com...

...10,905 Germans and German-Americans as well as a few Bulgarians, Czechs, Hungarians and Romanians were interned.

[edit on 8/3/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.foitimes.com...

1942 – 1945 Thousands of German aliens and German Americans are arrested, interned, excluded, paroled, exchanged and generally harassed by a suspicious country. Few know why they are interned or for how long. Internees try to make lives in camps, attempting to ignore the psychological and physical upheaval to which they have been subjected. Mental anguish, anger, guilt and shame are common. Armed guards and guard dogs watch over internees living in huts or dorms in barren parts of the country surrounded by barbed wire, observed from guard towers. All mail is censored. Contact with the outside world is severely limited. Many continually appeal their internment orders. DOJ generally ignores their requests, requiring unobtainable "new evidence" for consideration of appeals. Some are granted rehearings, pursuant to which an even smaller number are released. Internees who are released do not know why, nor do they ever learn why they were interned. Those released are generally subject to parole restrictions. Internees are pressured to repatriate. Hopeless and bitter, many agree and are readily used for exchange. There were six exchanges with Germany, primarily of civilians, but also of POWs. One trip of the SS Gripsholm in January 1945 involves 1,000 exchangees. The government arranges for "trustworthy" able-bodied men to work outside camps. One group works on the Northern Pacific Railroad in North Dakota repairing the railroad tracks and living in boxcars with coal stoves throughout the winter. Others work for the Forest Service and 3M.

Heres something to look up on. Yep Americans are racists, even to white Germans and Italians. Even asked South American nations to arrest and intern them.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I still think that if USA would have had the choice to nuke Berlin instead of Nagasaki and Hiroshima they wouldn't have do it, because germans were white, not yellow.

Ummm...Instead the Allies started firebombing German cities causing massive casualties, far, far greater than those caused by the nukes, and in full knowledge of the effects of creating the firestorms.

Granted, it was easier to identify someone who was Japanese than someone who was German in the US, but by the end of WWII, there were no holds bared on either side. Kill everyone was the motto of the day.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Ummm...Instead the Allies started firebombing German cities causing massive casualties, far, far greater than those caused by the nukes, and in full knowledge of the effects of creating the firestorms.

Yup... One place can sum that up: Dresden.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think you also need to consider the fact that we live in a very different time now. Political correctness, civil rights groups and whatever else have certainly impacted what the American people would be willing to accept as it pertains to imprisoning an entire population of this country based on race. Not to mention that the perception during world war II was that the US had been attacked brutally by a cowardly enemy who deserved to be punished(of course we know now that there were a lot of other things going on behind the scenes around the time of pearl harbor). Thus more extreme measures would have been acceptable to the citizenry at that time. Contrast that with the war on terror, which is widely viewed with some suspicion by a lot of people, and in spite of 9-11, the case for retribution is not so very clear in the minds of many people now. On top of that people in the 1940's would have had no reason not to trust the US government; people today have every reason not to trust the US government.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Four letters sum up why no interrment camps:

A.C.L.U.

The hoards of lawyers now compared to the mostly capital hill, gentrified counsel of yesteryear...or the local "hang out your shingle" variety lawyers...both of them are gone.

We have people roaming around this country with law degrees ON TOP OF their existing business degrees or even medical degrees. Its a whole different ball game to propose camps in the political environment today.

There be beasties about....and for as many people who may want the country run one particular way, there are just as many who will want it run another.

Gridlock.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The ACLU was around then too. Did it do anything or even try to stop the camps?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It's interesting, over time, we forget about the conflicts, we forget about the opponents, and just remember the side that won when it comes to American politics. FDR had a lot of opposition to going to war against Germany and Japan back in the day. It was about as viscious as it is today, except back then it wasn't as public to the general masses. Still, even in World War 2, many people were more concerned with politics and gaining/maintaining power than they were serving the country's best interests.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They already have the camps, halliburton built them. They seems like concentration camps. They are empty but still guard by military... it's odd.

Did you all see the military dictatorship style law about doing military trials to civils? That could full these camps. When they do that, it will be time for revolution if it's not already the case.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Those were the camps I referred to in my first post. By the way, I've been to two of the Michigan ones and one in Indiana... No guards, no nothing really...

But even if these camps were active or being run like the internet claims they do, why didn't they start putting Muslims and Arabic people into them immediately after 9/11?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
But even if these camps were active or being run like the internet claims they do, why didn't they start putting Muslims and Arabic people into them immediately after 9/11?

Cause they are saving them for American Terrorists..

Check this link here.

Bush submits new terror detainee bill

In this bill it states this.

U.S. citizens suspected of terror ties might be detained indefinitely and barred from access to civilian courts under legislation proposed by the Bush administration, say legal experts reviewing an early version of the bill.

And as my question still stands on there. I believe this bill to be bs But hey we need to fill those camps up somehow.... Right???

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
CMDRKEEN

Back then, the A.C.L.U. was not the same organization it is today. Wikipedia it. It's function has changed, and I think the people who read this thread know that.

My point was that there are too many people sporting far more legal fire-power today than there was back then. The A.C.L.U. likely couldn't have done anything if they wanted to in the past. Today they have way more connections and influences in capitol hill, the tools of organizing a protest (i.e., the internet) are available to them, and in general they have grown into a feared organization by lawmakers - not to mention the general public.

So, yeah - they were around back then, but the A.C.L.U. today is not your father's Oldmobile...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If what you suggest to do what happen as such then the freedoms and liberties your country stands for would be all but worthless hallmark to infringe some sort of moral superiority upon your people, nothing more.

There is no good reason to intern Muslims or Arabics and I don't see one single reson to.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They would never do it no matter how many attacks there were on the continental US. It would be taking away their civil rights. No matter how many people were killed it would never be done. You wouldn't want to take away their civil rights.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This thread is absolutely unreal. Why would anyone think it possible that two wrong actions would create justice?

Because some group of people were guilty of a heinous crime, therefore, we must associate everyone in that same group as having the ability and the determination to repeat the crime?

In the United States of America, regardless of what conspiracy theories may be floating around in anyone's head, hold's quite firm to the protection of its citizens (and of others held here in this country): innocent until proven guilty.

These constants, that many people have relied upon to maintain the fabric of society, have been challenged by our government in recent years. And that is a subject for another thread. But it is definitely related to the topic...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
In my opinion(but I'm sure most would agree) that hardly anyone would stand for it. There would be severe repricussions should something like this happen. If there is a Muslim(*or anyone)that has known ties to a terrorist organization then I would say watch them(stakeout) but no action should be taken unless there is probable cause to do so.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
First of all, I want to say I am not condoning that it be done...

Now think about this... It's late 1942. The Japanese attack Pearl Harbor, destroying and damaging our Pacific Fleet. The repercusions that Japanese people living in America faced was to be put into internment camps. Obviously, not all of them were sabotuers, spies, or even the enemy.

It's mid 2001. The fringe, Arabic, Muslim group Al Queda attacks the US, destroying and damaging important sites around the nation. The repercusions they faced at home? A few beatings from misinformed people.

Now, people always say that the current administration is out to kill off the Muslim/Arabic world. People also say that there are internment camps around the nation, just waiting to be used. Now, wouldn't the events of 9/11 be the perfect time for those in power to round up all Arabic and Muslim people and put them into these camps?

So, were there any moves to do anything like this by the administration? Was there any public outcry (even from our own fringe groups like the KKK) to have this done? Why do you think it didn't happen?

My guess is because they had their hands full trying to coverup the fact that they either allowed 9/11 to happen, or orchastrated it themselves. But I'm only guessing. *wink* AAC

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join