It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian prez makes nuclear threats on Arab TV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have a feeling Iran will be testing a WMD soon !

Hopefully it won't be over Israel.

Special Dispatch - Iran/Lebanon
August 3, 2006
No. 1229

Iranian President Ahmadinejad Addresses Rally & Warns the U.S. & England:

The Fire of the Wrath of the Peoples is About to Erupt & Overflow & the People Will Soon Rage;

Today the Iranian People is the Owner of Nuclear Technology.

To view this Special Dispatch in HTML, visit: www.memri.org...

The following are excerpts from a rally with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, which aired on the Iranian News Channel (IRINN) on August 1, 2006.

TO VIEW THIS CLIP: www.memritv.org... .

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
But, BUT, BUT, Iran only wants nuclear technology for peaceful power producing

Problem is, IMO, the pres of Iran run's his mouth off a bit too much.

Could Iran have made a viable bomb by now-maybe-less likely.

Could they have gotten one or more on the black market....????? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Would Iran be stupid enough to use a nuclear weapon(s) on Israel...??????

The Real question is what would come next?????

We all know whatever nuclear tipped missles and bombs that can get to Iran would.
Personally, I put it at between 40 and 200.
Lets say 150.
Lets say half get through...150/2=75 (if all went at once)

what would:

US, Russia, China, Pakistan, India, UK, NK, then Syria/Egypt/Saudia Aribia/Jordan do?????

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I have a feeling Iran will be testing a WMD soon !

Hopefully it won't be over Israel.

I saw his speach and parts of it on certain channels in Britain.

And no where did he use nucluer threats under those translations so how did you get he was making nuclear threats on "arab TV"

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
THough I am an "American" and proud to be "For the 'Little' people's of our country." THere has been a few "Finger's" in a few "Pie's" all over the world for the American ways and tradition's of life and celebration. We are constantly going here, going there, to "Try" and liberate a people that has thier own definition's of liberation.
The deal with "9/11" was directly pointed as an attack on the American people and our Goverment, but with all this involvement,(We already know the deal with WMD against Suddam was BS) I personally believe that there are small countries out there that are planning different act's of "Defiance" towards the US for the involvement's of thier right's to govern thier countries as they see fit and not as "WE" (US)(Eng) have suggested for a better outcome.
I come from a Military back round all the way back to the Civil War, I am not a traitor or a Military man, but I am "Human" and with all this destruction and mayhem, due to the fact that we are putting our perverbial "Finger" into another pie of of a liberation that doesn't look as if it will form to the US,Englands, standards and now they (Iranian) people are sick of our involvement.
You hear about thier news stories everday, innocent people being slottered, women, men and children, and being wrote off as "Casualties of War" and so far they have died for nothing but for the "Political" interests. Before this can get any better at all, "We have to quit fighting against our different 'Beliefs' and 'Differences' as a real problem!!
I for one believe the statements that Iranian's have made, thye don't want our authority to govern thier nation's with what we do, and how we deal with it when it is rejected.
If the do have the capabilities,(Which I do believe) which one of us would allow the beginning of a war with nuclear outcome to take our loved one's away and give it willingly? I would bet to guess,"NONE." To die for defending your land is "Honorable" in the eye's of a "Warmonger" but to die for the simplest of conscience such as someone else's belief's and standards, "Thats plainly just 'redundant'.." THough as knowing this just my honest opinion's, they are living in the reality of death and destruction every day, and I don't want that ot have to be the experience of my daughter's or my neighbor's to have those kind of worrie's on our own soil. It has been a while since war on our soil has been wittnessed, some say that we are do again... "But we can avoid it, we just have to think correctly before it happen's.." IMHO

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: "They have no boundaries, limits, or taboos when it comes to killing human beings. Who are they? Where did they come from? Are they human beings? 'They are like cattle, nay, more misguided.' A bunch of bloodthirsty barbarians. Next to them, all the criminals of the world seem righteous."

I wish there was something I could personally say , or do, too end all of this "Bloodlust".

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
By syaing such things he's playing right into the neocons hands. the US/UK are just itching for an excuse to launch an attack on Irans for it's, resources, I mean to liberate the people.

I don't think Russia or China will sit back and watch this happen, Russia needs to protect it's investment in Iran and China need to secure Irans resources for itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It is so very unforchant, but all this has been played out before. Once upon a time there was an Egyptain who wanted to be viewed as the ultiment middle eastern leader, so he atacked Isreal. And some time later a Lebonan leader wanted to be viewed as the ultiment middle eastern leader, so he atacked Isreal. Then not to long ago the leader of Irac wanted to be seen as the ultiment middle easter leader so he atacked Kuwait, then to solidify the position with the other Islam countried of the reagon he atacked Isreal. Now most recently an army not of the state of Lebonan but in Lebonan funded by other countries, and bunsisess atacked Isreal.

So now we have a nation that wants to be viewed as the ultiment middle easter leader and they are funding an army to atack Isreal for them by proxy. And now they same nation will soon have nukes. So what will be in store for Isreal, and will the biggest boy on the block, or in this case, the boy with the biggest gun, be the ultiment middle eastern leader?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
By syaing such things he's playing right into the neocons hands. the US/UK are just itching for an excuse to launch an attack on Irans for it's, resources, I mean to liberate the people.

I don't think Russia or China will sit back and watch this happen, Russia needs to protect it's investment in Iran and China need to secure Irans resources for itself.

What do you think the world should do. I guess we should sit back and wait until he secures a nuclear bomb, or they make one themselves. Then what should the world do when he has a long range missle and hits the capitol of Isreal.
Just how much resourses is the US and Britian getting from Iraq. I would guess alot. That must be why I am paying $3.00 a gallon for heating oil.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Why do people still pay attention to that bozo in Iran? He is not the LEADER of that country. He is a face for international media- somebody to parade around and to use for propaganda purposes. Ahmadinejad is nothing more than a spokesman- an orator for a pep rally throughout the Middle East. He is simply arousing people to go and fight the infidels, and seems to do it in a patriotic way.

Well the real leaders- you don't see them shaking their fists at the US and Israel. Ayatollah khamenei and the mullahs run Iran. They are the ultimate policy makers. Ahmadinejad simply plays to the tune of the public- the public is angry at Israel so he bashes Israel. Khamenei is an old timer however, and is not as ignorant and unpredictable. He has much more interest in attacking Israel over a long period of time through Hezbolah, than declaring an all out war at it. Plus with US in the way there will be no nukes or anything else flying between Israel or Iran.

But US is only too happy to report that Ahmadinejad is cooking up a WW3. The more people in America are afraid, the more freedom the government has to do whatever it wishes. There has been sh*t talk between Israel and the Arabs for half a century. Nothing new here. Plus why does US care so much about Israel? Is it the 51st state? If not, then time to mind its own business.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Plus with US in the way there will be no nukes or anything else flying between Israel or Iran.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by maloy]

Maloy,
I really do hope you are right with that statment. On the other hand I do fear they will be used. The main reason I say that is there seems to be little regard for life in that reagon. It seems there is just always some groop that wants to blow something up somewhere.
So I do hope your statment that no nukes will be flying is correct.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Isreal is prepared to take out Irans new reactors on moments notice. It's just a matter of how much can other fighting take the IDFs attention away from Iran, Or will all this provoke Isreal to make the move. Either way if this all excalates then it's about to get real ugly and we have 100ks of troops sitting one missle away from them. Start thinking real hard about this because it's no longer about the Liberals the Neocons, it's about "The West"!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Some of you don't seem to get it.

Iran will not launch a nuclear missile on Israel, at least not directly. If they have such a scenario in mind, then probably as a clandestine operation [dirty bombs?] to avoid Israel and the US to launch a justifiable ''counter attack'' on Iran. A clandestine operation would protect Iran and blame a terrorist organization such as Al Qaeda.

While I agree the Iranian uranium enrichment programs are not solely for peaceful purposes, there's no need to feel threatened by an Iranian nuclear arsenal. It's a weapon used to gain power, strength, a weapon which makes countries such as the US think twice before messing around with you.

It's crucial for Iran to avoid being the challenger, and that's not what they are looking for. Their purpose is to get more powerful and get the US on its knees. They know exactly how to do this and worked out their plans very carefully. Basically, the Oil Bourse they will open in September will force anyone whom buys crude oil or gasses from Iran to pay in Euros, Dollars are no longer accepted. Two countries, China and India, have long term contracts with Iran for the supply of crude oil.

This bourse creates two potential threats to the US economy and the US as a whole.
I- The demand for Euros will increase while the demand for [Petro]Dollars will decrease
II- Dollar nominated countries will see the value of the Dollar faster depreciating, and thus losing money, while the Euro will appreciate and the import of crude oil becomes less expensive for Euro nominated countries.
III- Countries having large Dollar reserves, such as China will start to get rid of their Dollar reserves, as its value depreciates and simultaneously they don't have such a crucial need for Dollars anymore.
IV- The depreciation of the Dollar will force other countries such as the UAE and mass exporting crude oil countries to adopt the Euro as the Dollar loses value and the Euro becomes a more important and profitable currency to adopt.
V- Major US Debt buyers such as Japan and China will stop buying debts as they lose trust in the US economy and basically are forced to do so, to limit losses.
VI- The US economy collapses and the US is officially bankrupt.

Once this domino process has begun no one will be able to stop it. That's what you don't hear Bush talk about, and that's the reason Bush invaded Iraq as Hussein had similar plans.

Before calling me a US basher, the collapse of the US economy is in no one's benefit, except for those who'd like to see it collapsing. That's why Iran forms a threat to the US, however it's not a reason which allows us [The western world] to attack Iran. In the end, they are not committing any crimes according to international regulations.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It's not about a 'oil borse'.

It's about a 2000+ year religious ideology. The nutcase president in Iran has already stated he wants to bring back Irans messiah by destryoing Israel. The same religoius ideology causes people to strap bombs on themselves and go onto crowded buses, into restraunts or marketplaces and blow up innocent people.

How are innocent people on a bus, in a store or eating at a restraunt part of the supposedly 'zionist regime'. Are you saying that all the people killed through suicide bombing are part of the zionist regime? If so then that would make all of Israel the 'zionist regime' with Iran wants to destroy.

If Iran wants nuclear power for peaceful purposes (which is their right under the NPT) why did they hide their program for 20 years?

If Iran wants nuclear power for peaceful purposes (which is their right under the NPT) why did they remove the monitoring cameras?

If Iran wants nuclear power for peaceful purposes (which is their right under the NPT) why will they not suspene enrichment until the UN can determine wether it actually is for peaceful purposes?

What will some of you say if (this is hypothetically) Iran does 'nuke' Israel?
Oh well it's the west fault to begin with??

[edit on 4-8-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Do you really believe Bush cares about what happens in the Middle East, and what laws or religous ideologies they bring about? I don't think so. Take another example: Somalia, where Muslim militants want to reintroduce Sharia Law. Have you ever heard Bush talking about that? Yes, one or twice, but does he really care? No. Is he willing to send US soldiers? No.

Originally posted by ferretman2

What will some of you say if (this is hypothetically) Iran does 'nuke' Israel?
Oh well it's the west fault to begin with??

Why should Israel be allowed to have a nuclear arsenal while Iran isn't? Just because we [the Western world] feel threatened by Iran, and not by the ''western'' country of Israel?

Or just because of some loose statements made by the Iranian president?

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think the Euro will collapse before the dollar. The European economies are not as strong as the US. The unemployment in various Eropean countries is alot higher than the US. What has Europe have to offer. I don't think the so called oil bourse will not hurt the US like you think. And the US is not going bankrupt any time soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
I think the Euro will collapse before the dollar. The European economies are not as strong as the US. The unemployment in various Eropean countries is alot higher than the US. What has Europe have to offer. I don't think the so called oil bourse will not hurt the US like you think. And the US is not going bankrupt any time soon.

For those who still think the US economy is strong read those sources:

US comptroller general David Walker: A 'fiscal hurricane' on the horizon
Federal Report by Professor Kotlikoff, ex advisor of Reagan: Is the US bankrupt? (PDF)
Bill Gates comments on the US economy and its future (ATS Thread)
US House of Representatives member Ron Paul: The End of Dollar Hegemony

I'll come back later to the unemployment and inflation rate.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Worst about the "2000 years of religious ideology" thing is that all 3 major religions that are in conflict with one and other have the same roots, share the same history, share many of the same profits, share many of the same events, Christianity and Islam kinda being offshoots of Judaism.

They just have a different view and a focus on different ones of the shared profets within the same exact fairy tale and are all duking it out about who's the most gulable.

Also, Islam is only 1400 years old really, the first 600 years after Christ, it was just Judaism and Christianity duking it out against eachother. Islam started when Gabriel came to Earth and spoke to Mohammed (notice the Gabriel, the same dude that visited and impregnated Jesus' mom ...).

Anyways, I wish news agency's would post the exact words in the original language when they report on what someone in the middle east said. The languages are so different that there are more interpretations of whats said in Semetic languages towards translating it in European languages, then there are interpretations of whats in the bible and Qur'an, news papers and news agency's these days are only interested in Hype and sensation and what he actualy said can mean alot of other things.

Even the translation you posted can be interpreted in many different ways.

Having nuclear weaponry doesn't mean they would do a nuclear attack, but that they have the needed leverage to keep the country's in the area at bay when they want to cary out a normal attack on Israel.

Also, the US and Israel aren't scared Iran would use a nuclear device, they are concerned and opposed to Iran going nuclear, because that leverage could actualy bring the Middle East together as a union like Europe, instead of it staying conflicting country's.

The destabilization of the middle east isn't an illness or symptom in the region, its the end result that has been worked for for a long time.

A stable Middle East, mostly thanks to its oil, is a way to strong economical power to the US and Europe's liking.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't believe a unified middle east is possible. Iranians are Persian whereas the rest are arabian.

The two do not get along...............

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
~~

Memri-

Aug 4 SD# 1230 - Iran's Supreme Leader Khamenei:
'America Can Expect a Resounding Slap and a Devestating Fist-Blow From the Muslim Nation; Hizbullah is the Muslim Nation's 'Front Line of Defense';
There is No Way to Confront...the Zionists...and the 'Great Satan' except through Martyrdom

also reports;
SD# 1231
SD# 1229
SD# 1228
SD# 1227

the latest Report (SD# 1230) by the actual leader of Iran, says that only
Martyrdom can confront/fight both the US & Zion...notice he did not mention Nuclear WMDs.

the older Report (SD# 1229) from yesterday, by the President (a figurehead)
the speech content was slanted to infer that Iran & Nuke/WMDs .....

keep in mind that Memri is a for profit institution....
and that Ahmadinejad is most likely jackjawing & boasting just like Saddam did
to both confuse and deter any potential aggressors

[edit on 4-8-2006 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Iranians are Persian whereas the rest are arabian.

And a majority of Persians and Arabs are Islamic.

Is there still much of a difference then?

Their shared hatred of the US and Israel is a uniting factor for them.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Some of you don't seem to get it.

Iran will not launch a nuclear missile on Israel, at least not directly. If they have such a scenario in mind, then probably as a clandestine operation [dirty bombs?] to avoid Israel and the US to launch a justifiable ''counter attack'' on Iran. A clandestine operation would protect Iran and blame a terrorist organization such as Al Qaeda.

Mdv,
I think your a little quick to say that Iran will not lauch an attack on Isreal. All the point you made are good and valid, but something else I think you need to consider is every time a middle eastern laeder wanted to be viewed as a supreem leader of the middle eastern reagon, they always atacked Isreal. In this most recent series of events Iran is heavely invalved as they are useing Hezbollah so your point that Iran would not directly atack Isreal is proveing true, but when the nuke takes out a chunck of Isreal do you think there will be much question as to where in came from no matter how it was delevered? And as Iran is wageing a war by proxy against Isreal now why would they not step things up with more and better weapons?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join