It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They rejoice in the death of our children, we mourn theirs"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So the other day I was watching MSNBC playing the interviews with the ambassadors from both Lebanon and Israel. It was really rather heart-wrenching to see the Lebanese ambassador tearing up as he described what he saw not as an assault on Hezbollah, but the whole of Lebanon. He even cited the quote just prior to the conflict that said something to the effect of "bombing them back 20 years."

Anyways, the Israeli ambassador made the comment that the fundamental difference between Israel and Hezbollah is that every time Israel is responsible for a civilian casualty, (or children specifically, I believe) it is a terrible accident and something they regret. On the flipside, every Israeli civilian (or child) that is killed is a small victory.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well rather tragic any time that the Innocent is caught in the power struggle and religious fight of the adults that should know better.

The comment rather direct and full of propaganda when we know that the majority of civilian deaths comes from the Lebanese side.

Pity.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well gee, I guess if you say you're sorry for bombing little kids into sticky pink paste, that makes it OK

The Israeli's willingness to shed crocodile tears on behalf of the people they murder doesn't impress me in the least.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
A touching little soundbite - easy to speak but much harder to feel with any honesty.

Did he have his fingers crossed?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is plenty of mourning and rejoicing on BOTH sides...

Don't buy into the mindless propaganda that states otherwise.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Well gee, I guess if you say you're sorry for bombing little kids into sticky pink paste, that makes it OK

The Israeli's willingness to shed crocodile tears on behalf of the people they murder doesn't impress me in the least.

And I am very impressed by the decision of Hizballah to investigate why their rockets killed 6 children + more 4 just today in the israeli military positions - (to be read as CITIES)...Those rockets were supposed to search for soldiers in the cities and then target them...I guess there was some kind of malfunction...

Well the killing of civilians is a right given to Hezbollah...and that's why no TV network is cryin about the israeli civilians or is so insane to go and ask the speaker of Hizbollah why they are targeting civilians intentionally...

marg,
the germans lost more civilians than the brits in the WWII is this making them saints?

[edit on 3-8-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
Well the killing of civilians is a right given to Hezbollah...and that's why no TV network is cryin or is so insane to go and ask the speaker of Hizbollah why they are targeting civilians...

Um....what?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That same ambassador was on CNN live this morning and said just that....that quote to me is just in excusable. It is the highest order of propaganda...... there is remorse on both sides... the only people who lose are both the Lebanon civilians and the FEW Israeli civilians who have died..... this is an atrocious abuse of power and the US to blame we have sat ideally by and done nothing to stop the violence...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
That same ambassador was on CNN live this morning and said just that....that quote to me is just in excusable. It is the highest order of propaganda...... there is remorse on both sides... the only people who lose are both the Lebanon civilians and the FEW Israeli civilians who have died..... this is an atrocious abuse of power and the US to blame we have sat ideally by and done nothing to stop the violence...

Is there something in this world that USA is not guilty for...?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm really just so disgusted by support for Hezbollah who are nothing more than thugs with rockets. They indiscriminately launch rockets into Israel with no regard for anyone and use Palestinian civilians as human shields.

There is civilization that values life and then there are these terrorist organizations that understand nothing but force. There is no peace with them because as long as there are people of other cultures alive on the planet they will continue with their reign of terror.

When you have nutjobs vowing to wipe you off the map from every direction you have a right to defend yourself.

If Israel gave Hezbollah a cease fire and backed off it would only be taken as a victory for terrorist and the next time they will push the envelope even further. They make two faced deals knowing they will not abide by them just as the PLO used to do.

If Hezbollah is not taken care of now it will only make the region more unstable. Band aids will not solve this problem.

I am not against Palestinians but I can't see supporting Hezbollah in any way! If any of you believe that Hezbollah really cares about even their own countrymen....Well, I have this bridge I'm selling.....

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax

marg,
the germans lost more civilians than the brits in the WWII is this making them saints?

I do not believe in saints not even the ones canonized by church.

I don't believe in right sides or wrong sides.

I don't believe in self righteous wars.

I don't take sides because propaganda tells me.

I am my own person and my own mind.

Only people make wars and only people cause the death of the Innocent.

Any other questions you want to ask?

[edit on 3-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Lord on their day of reckoning. Both will face the fires of hell as all hands in this are covered in blood of innocent children.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom

No, we are not to blame. Not by a long shot. Because we did not start this mess, nor is it our duty to finish it. Anytime the US gets involved in anything whatsoever, we get criticized and accused of many things. t is long past time we simply withdrew from getting involved in any conflict, no matter how bad or how bloody.

The only thing the U.S. guilty of is the obscene amounts of money we give in aid to Israel. We should cut off all support for Israel as far as financial and military, and let them fend for themselves. They are not a poor country, and they aint starving.

After we do that, I honestly do not care what Israel, lebanon, or whoever do. Its their choice, although without U.S. aid, something tells me Israel will be alot more careful on whom they piss off and who they pick fights with.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

marg,

I'd like to answer this, being a Brit. The Germans bombed our cities, but maninly to target Industrial Area's. Given the tech at the time, it is not hard to imagine that more than a few bombs didn't hit their targets. However, they did also target civilians, expecially after we bombed Berlin back. That was a War Crime and they were punished.

On the other hand, we fire bombed several cities with the sole purpose of killing civilians and reducing their will to fight. That was a War Crime, but we escaped unpunished.

History is written by the victors unfotunately, but as Brit, I feel that I can accept we committed dozens of henious acts ourselves and are far from innocent. No amount of apoligising and crocodile tears will change that, however.

I wonder if we can get an Israeli on here to admit that they too are committing War Crimes? I doubt we will though.

Regardless of any "justification", they are still crimes.

I could "justify" Dresden, but it was still a deliberate obliteration of a population centre resulting in ten's of thousands of dead German civilians, which was a war crime.

Can an Israeli do the same? Does any of them have the true moral courage to stand up for what is right and end this madness. This could all be solved over night if you weren't so goddam arrogant.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Had the Allies in WWII not been fighting to win the war and bring peace through victory, we still might be fighting Nazi's today. Just like you'd have us fighting these damn arabs for 30 years or more with your half measures and guilt. We need to fire bomb what would be Palestine and be done with it.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Loam, once again, I agree with you completely. Neither side in this battle stands on moral high ground.

Originally posted by jbondo
If any of you believe that Hezbollah really cares about even their own countrymen....Well, I have this bridge I'm selling.....

Is that right? Don't forget that Hezbollah was formed to fight the Israeli occupation in 1982 when they invaded. Not to mention:

Hezbollah organises an extensive social development programme. This civilian wing runs hospitals, news services, and educational facilities. Its Reconstruction Campaign ('Jihad al-Bina') is responsible for numerous economic and infrastructure development projects in Lebanon.
In keeping with Lebanon’s generally secular and egalitarian culture, Hezbollah recognizes and promotes women’s rights
The group currently operates at least four hospitals, 12 clinics, 12 schools, and two agricultural centres that provide farmers with technical assistance and training. It also has an environmental department and an extensive social assistance programme. Medical care provided through Hezbollah is also less expensive than in most of the country's private hospitals and free for Hezbollah members. Most experts believe that Hezbollah's social and health programmes are worth hundreds of millions of dollars annually.
Hezbollah provides many social services in Lebanon. According to CNN: "Hezbollah did everything that a government should do, from collecting the garbage to running hospitals and repairing schools."

Source

Now, I'm not saying Hezbollah is a group of angels, but to say that they don't care about the people of Lebonon is just misinformed.

new topics

top topics

join