It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today more people believe 9/11 was an inside job.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
"More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East, according to a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll."

"What has amazed me is not that there are conspiracy theories, but that they didn't seem to be getting any purchase among the American public until the last year or so," Fenster said. "Although the Iraq war was not directly related to the 9/11 attacks, people are now looking back at 9/11 with much more skepticism than they used to."

SOURCE
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

Also, I just saw this interview on FOXNEWS with Kevin Barrett (an academic who supports conspiracy theories about the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.)
As usual, FOXNEWS tries to make this guy look like a wacko.
Video Here

My question is to you, Have you changed your mind on 9/11 in the past years or months? The more information that comes out on 9/11 the more I lean towards an inside job view.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And once again society proves P.T. Barnum was right...

"There's a sucker born every minute"

The people that belief the government assisted with 9/11 just so we could go to war in the Middle East are the same people that think soap operas are real.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by netobrev

Tries? Why do you suppose a Muslim would be interested in convincing the world that the US govt did it?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
Why do you suppose a Muslim would be interested in convincing the world that the US govt did it?

While we're using critical thinking, here's another one:

Why would Islamics execute such an attack, knowing that it could very easily provide justification for prolonged military action against their nations (which it has)?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Why would Islamics execute such an attack, knowing that it could very easily provide justification for prolonged military action against their nations (which it has)?

That sounds like a question best left for Ramzi Yousef, Mohammad Salameh, Nidal Ayyad, Mahmud Abouhalima and Ahmad Ajaj. All Muslims who have attacked the World Trade Center. How conveniently we forget about 1993.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
How conveniently we forget '93, indeed.

Who Bombed the U.S. World Trade Center? — 1993

Maybe we can cover the Gulf of Tonkin and the OKC bombing while we're at it.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OKC.....

What do you know about that bombing that I dont.

I would like to know more.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How conveniently we forget '93, indeed.

Who Bombed the U.S. World Trade Center? — 1993

Maybe we can cover the Gulf of Tonkin and the OKC bombing while we're at it.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by bsbray11]

Whoa! Nice source. It also has an article titled: Is the Bush Administration Planning a Nuclear Holocaust? I think I'll need a little better source to convince me.
Don't forget, the guys I named are still alive and in prison, quite able to speak for themselves.

As for OKC, there are links to Saddam's intelligence apparatus. More Muslims, though pretty obviously lapsed.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Tries? Why do you suppose a Muslim would be interested in convincing the world that the US govt did it?

Are you saying that Kevin Barrett is a muslim? Where is this stated?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Whoa! Nice source. It also has an article titled: Is the Bush Administration Planning a Nuclear Holocaust? I think I'll need a little better source to convince me.

Where is a nuclear holocaust discussed on that page?

Editor's note:

We are publishing this incisive and pioneering analysis written eleven years ago by Ralph Schoenman pertaining to the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Try again.

Don't forget, the guys I named are still alive and in prison, quite able to speak for themselves.

I don't doubt that Muslims were involved in the attack.

As for OKC, there are links to Saddam's intelligence apparatus. More Muslims, though pretty obviously lapsed.

Again, I don't doubt that Muslims were involved. But on what level?

Did Muslims plant that truck in a US military installation in Oklahoma?

But then again, maybe that base just needed to move some stuff around, and just rented a Ryder. I mean -- it's not like the military can transport its own equipment.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Its not on the Fox News video, but he is. I've heard him discuss it on the radio. Trying to remember the show...

Here's a link, though.

9/11 truth activist extraordinaire and MUJCA-Net co-founder, Kevin Barrett, retains teaching post at Wisconsin U, and caps week of windfall 9/11 publicity with tour de force performance on prime time Fox TV. Vindicated at his school and unvanquished under fire, Muslim brother Kevin offers further proof that "God is Great", truth shall prevail, and censorship can really, really backfire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.911truth.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

[

Where is a nuclear holocaust discussed on that page?

Its on the globalresearch.ca... home page. Kind of sums up what globalresearch is all about. Again, I'm not satisfied with the veracity of this site. Here is another headline from the site:
"The World is Sickened and Outraged
Take Action Against U.S.-Israeli War Crimes! National March on Washington, Sat., August 12th!"

No bias there.

Did Muslims plant that truck in a US military installation in Oklahoma?

But then again, maybe that base just needed to move some stuff around, and just rented a Ryder. I mean -- it's not like the military can transport its own equipment.

I guess if there were only five Ryder trucks in OK, I might be a little more skeptical. A picture of a Ryder truck parked by some green tents tells me nothing. Date? Location?

[edit on 8/3/2006 by hogtie]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
And once again society proves P.T. Barnum was right...

"There's a sucker born every minute"

The people that belief the government assisted with 9/11 just so we could go to war in the Middle East are the same people that think soap operas are real.

The same people who make comments such as this are the same people that think Iraq was involved in 9/11, and that WWF wrestling is for real.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
...and that WWF wrestling is for real.

Madame! You go to far! I'll have your championship belt for that!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks hogtie,

I did not know that, also there is no mention of that here
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Thanks hogtie,

I did not know that, also there is no mention of that here
en.wikipedia.org...

Glad to be of assistance. Ordinarily, I would think that it is a non-issue, especially since he is only teaching a class on Islamic relations, or culture (something along those lines). It is how it is not mentioned in relative places that bothers me. I don't know if it is because it would be a distraction to the issue, or if because there is a real bias.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Again, I'm not satisfied with the veracity of this site.

The information on the particular article I linked to is reproduced from elsewhere; it is not an original article of the site. You can double-check everything in it if you'd like.

Emad Salem was a Middle-Eastern man that the FBI used to penetrate an Islamic extremist group to deliver what was supposed to be a "dud", a bomb that would not actually detonate, for example, and to try to get the extremists to use the fake explosive on the WTC and/or UN building. You can verify this with some Google searches, that will undoubtedly point you to major media sources from the time.

Mr. Salem happened to become suspicious of the FBI's intent and recorded some hours and hours of conversation, which are not publicly available. The FBI also appears to have also been in a position to stop the bombing at any time -- but did not, even using Salem as a connection to the extremists! And as we all know, that group did not ultimately set off any dud!

A special agent, Dr. Whitehurst (first name escapes me, but you should be able to verify all of this as well) also testified in court, under oath, as to having been "persuaded" by the FBI to reach certain conclusions regarding the type of explosive used in the bombing, as to fit a pre-formed official story. This is all actually on record, legal record, which you can access online with some searches, or even contact/visit the relevant court and/or their records personally to verify this.

So in those two, easily-verifiable pieces of information, you can already see how a faction of the FBI, by their own story, could have stopped the whole bombing operation at any point once Emad Salem had infiltrated the suspect group(s), but did not, and instead, offered them an explosive device that they assured Mr. Salem was not functioning. And we can see that the FBI also persuaded a lab to reach false conclusions on even what type of explosive was actually used.

I'm not big on the '93 bombing, but from what seem to be recurring patterns in these "terrorist" events, I could make an educated guess as to what happened, using the information above: Middle-Eastern extremists were given an explosive and told to run with it, by a government faction. In the subsequent investigation and court hearings, the composition of this explosive was obviously concealed.

I guess if there were only five Ryder trucks in OK, I might be a little more skeptical.

So if you found a potential weapon matching a murder, in an extremely unlikely and incriminating location, you wouldn't be suspicious?

A picture of a Ryder truck parked by some green tents tells me nothing. Date? Location?

Early April 1995, near Camp Gruber-Braggs, Oklahoma.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

The above site points you to the Washington Post, June 17th, 1997, for further verification of the photographs.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

Right.

It was for MUCH MUCH bigger reasons. Full spectrum domination through power projection. Establishment of foreward operating bases worldwide. Population control through fear. Erosion of civil rights. Being in "war time" makes W omnipotent... he does as he pleases legally with no oversight because we are "at war".

For W, Dick, etc... it is about domination or what they like to call "Rebuilding Americas Defenses".

Since when do mods allow flat out insults with no smack down?

new topics

top topics

join