It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Absolute Massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Another thread was calling for people to congratulate the IDF nd Israel for their tactics. I would love to be able to spit in the face of the person responsible for these so-called tactics. Calling itself humane for passing leaflets and warning people to leave, they bomb the roads to leave the fleeing people little choices for routes of escape. It keeps them within range and easily accessible for the Israeli murderers high above with their missiles from above. Following Qana another massacre takes place. I guess the IDF should change its name to the Idiots Defense Front. They thought a pickup truck full of 21 civilians 1/2 of them children was apparaenly missiles bound for the destruction of Israel. Meanwhile they were doing as requested by the Israelis and fleeing to safety.

Its no wonder why these morons need people to go around defending them with propaganda. Cyber-soldiers are going to be out in full force defending this, another addition to add to the list of war crimes Israel has commited.

Killing in Lebanon reflects firepower imbalance
By Sabrina Tavernise The New York Times

Published: August 3, 2006

TYRE, Lebanon One of the most lethal strikes in this sudden war took place on a mountain road just south of here. An Israeli missile struck a pickup truck full of people. Twenty-one people were killed, according to Lebanese officials, half of them children.

The Israeli Defense Ministry said that it believed the truck was carrying weapons. Survivors from the convoy said they were villagers trying to get their children north after hearing orders to evacuate shouted through a megaphone from across the border in Israel.

Civilian deaths have accumulated on both sides in this 22-day war. But the toll in Lebanon has been far higher, in part because of Israel's vastly superior firepower. Its army shoots missiles from airplanes and ships, while Hezbollah, the Shiite militia it is fighting, launches small rockets from mountain villages and drives around on mopeds.

Source

[edit on 3-8-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
my only question for right now is why didn't the ppl leave earlier? if i'm correct about this the ppl should have known a while back that they were going to be in trouble. Dear God, i want to pray for the innocent children in this misunderstanding. Please guide their souls to Heaven and help the families and the IDF as well Lord for i'm sure all are in mourning of this. Please Lord help the IDF to conclude this war in short time and may you watch over the captured Israeli soldiers still and their families, in Thy name we ask Amen.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wow, I don't spend a whole lot of time here, but it is readily apparent who the players are.

From the posted "source":

"Compared with the approach used by the Russian military in the Chechen capital of Grozny, or even with the American campaign that flattened the Iraqi city of Fallujah in 2004, this bombing campaign is more restrained, some experts said.

"If you really wanted to go after cities and civilians the casualties would be infinitely higher than they are now, by several magnitudes," said Eliot Cohen, a professor at John Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, who directed the Air Force's study of air power in the 1991 Gulf War."

Now, it becomes obvious that whatsoever quotes one wishes to post, whatsoever predispostion one has internalized concerning events in the Middle East, THAT predisposition determines the focus of one's argument.

To condemn Israel in this current situation of war in the ME is to support the reign of terror unleashed upon it over the years. Any voice that cries "Massacre" on the report of the killing of civilians by Israel must cry "Massacre" at the tactics of Israels enemies over the past decades. The argument in this thread is as the argument in like threads here, it simply does not calculate in the logical mind.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu
my only question for right now is why didn't the ppl leave earlier?

The only thing that shocks me more then Israel's war crimes is people's tragically lame attempts at justifying Kills-raels.....opps i mean Israel war crimes.

Can you imagine if someone told the ADL "My only question for you is why in 1939 did the Jews in poland not leave earlier ?"

i honestly feel sad for people like Snazuolu.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The only thing that shocks me more then Israel's war crimes is people's tragically lame attempts at justifying Kills-raels.....opps i mean Israel war crimes.

Can you imagine if someone told the ADL "My only question for you is why in 1939 did the Jews in poland not leave earlier ?"

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Wow, I don't spend a whole lot of time here, but it is readily apparent who the players are.

To condemn Israel in this current situation of war in the ME is to support the reign of terror unleashed upon it over the years. Any voice that cries "Massacre" on the report of the killing of civilians by Israel must cry "Massacre" at the tactics of Israels enemies over the past decades. The argument in this thread is as the argument in like threads here, it simply does not calculate in the logical mind.

WOW!!!! truly wonderful that we have someone who is not anti Jewish as alot of ppl on this board are. Thank you Lord for sending this person to this messge board. He has done good in Your name Lord. I wish to pray for prosperity for this peron if it be Thy will, Amen.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

What i am surprised about is the fact that there is a war crime. Its war, do you really think that war is supposed to be pretty?? its war and its bloody, and its horrible and to sit here and type that ANYONE should be tried for war crimes is pretty much admitting that you think war should always happen, jsut so long as only 1 or 2 ppl die a day.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I know this is a difficult concept to swallow, but anti-Israel is not the same thing as anti-Jewish. I know a lot of Jews, I grew up with Jews as my first friends, and I like them just fine. My opposition to Israeli policy has nothing to do with any ill-feeling towards Jews, and everything to do with Israel's bloodstained foreign policy, not to mention their propensity for dragging my own country into their wars.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

I agree helium3.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I know this is a difficult concept to swallow, but anti-Israel is not the same thing as anti-Jewish. I know a lot of Jews, I grew up with Jews as my first friends, and I like them just fine. My opposition to Israeli policy has nothing to do with any ill-feeling towards Jews, and everything to do with Israel's bloodstained foreign policy, not to mention their propensity for dragging my own country into their wars.

Hatred knows no boundaries for some. Anti Jewish IS the same thing as anti Israel to some. I myself am aware that there are Jews in many different nations but i also realize that Israel is the home of the Jews. Israel is the land that was promised to them. I acknowledge that God chose the Jews and that Israel was to be their land. I also acknowledge that I believe that Jesus died for my sins and will have ever lasting life.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't know enough about the history of these conflicts but it's hard for me to look at the numbers and say poor israel needs to defend itself it's doing way more than defending itself. On MSN they say 477 lebenon civilians killed to 19 israel civilians who are the terrorists again?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kramthenothing
I don't know enough about the history of these conflicts but it's hard for me to look at the numbers and say poor israel needs to defend itself it's doing way more than defending itself. On MSN they say 477 lebenon civilians killed to 19 israel civilians who are the terrorists again?

so you're a numbers kinda person?? is numbers what dictates who is a terrorist?? does numbers really mean anything to a war?? it doesn't matter if everyone dies, if no solution is reached..numbers are NOT important in a war. human life is what matters most in a war

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
today, lebanon announced they have endured more than 900 deaths. that 400 count was from several days ago if not a week ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors

Funny you should say that. Even Jews are seeing it the same way and are calling it for what it is exactly. You can continue to support the murder of innocents. The rest of us will call a spade a spade.

Moroccan Jews ask court to try Amir Peretz for war crimes

By The Associated Press

Three Jewish Moroccans have submitted Rabat's high court with a petition against Defense Minister Amir Peretz, accusing the Moroccan-born Israeli of war crimes.

Leftist activist Abraham Tsarfati, author Amran al-Malich and human rights group official Zion Asidon claim Peretz may be tried in their country due to his Moroccan citizenship.

"The criminal terrorist, Zionist Amir Peretz, has retained his Moroccan citizenship and is still registered in Morocco's census," the three told reporters during a press conference. "Moroccan law allows the trial of any Moroccan national who has committed war crimes in or out of the country."

Lawyer Abd al-Rahim Ga'ami, who represents the three, said: "Amir Peretz's political statements and the orders he has issued to his soldiers have brought about crimes of war and massacres against innocent civilians."

Source

new topics

top topics

join