It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landing light anolomies, can you answer these claims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
After watching this documentary about the moon landings here.
This is only part 1 of 3, a set i have not seen before.
video.google.com...

I took a few screen snapshots of the light anolomies people talk about even 37 years on.
I will post up the specific images with their claims of a "secondary light source" and possible marks on props.

Now look at this picture of Armstrong just visible taking still pictures, and his shadow strongly casted to the right of the picture.

Now look at the still photograph taken of Aldrin descending down the ladder with no light source to light the area as the sun is coming from the west.

Now look at Armstrong "supposedly" taking a picture of Aldrin descending even more down the ladder.

Very clear picture no?
Now look at his right heel.
See a reflective light source clearly showing on his heel.

Now by this reflection caught they can determine distance from the camera and this second light source here.

Apparently the still camera had no special lens to capture images in low light, and by rights Aldrin should not be that well lit up, unless a secondary light source was used.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Uhhhh, like a camera flash?

Or did those cameras have no flashes? If they did not, why? Surely NASA would have known by then that if something is in shadow in space it is invisable, so the cameras they send along with the most important mission in history don't even have flashes? Now there's some plannin' for ya!!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If you could fly to the Moon, such speculation might actually matter, but since you are stuck here on Earth, you seem to have missed the point entirely.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Done to death here...

An End to the Moon Conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Looter
If you could fly to the Moon, such speculation might actually matter, but since you are stuck here on Earth, you seem to have missed the point entirely.

Yeah, I missed it to apparently. They had a second light source. Big deal. The camera had a flash, like watch_the_rocks said, or Armstrong set up a portable floodlight--I mean, wouldn't they want to be able to see things around the lander anyways, photographs or not?

What am I missing? I'm honestly curious, because your post (Looter) completely confused me.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Heres the camera they used.

And the specs.

Hasselblad Electric Camera (HEC)

OBJECT TYPE: Camera
MANUFACTURER: Victor Hasselblad AB
NATIONALITY: Swedish
PLACE MANUFACTURED: Sweden, Göteborg
OBJECT NAME VARIATION: Hasselbald Lunar Surface Camera
INTRODUCTION DATE: ca 1969
FILM TYPE: 70mm rollfilm
IMAGE SIZE: 6 x 6 cm.
SIGNIFICANT FEATURE: lunar surface camera
FUNCTIONAL TYPE: scientific
INTERCHANGEABLE LENS: Yes INTEGRATED SHUTTER: Yes

NOTES:
Electric motor driven 70mm camera similar in appearence to the
commercial Hasselblad 500EL, developed specially for NASA by
Hasselblad.

Although they did take other camera's with them.

And NASA did not take any other extra light sources with them.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Denied]

jra

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
It´s simply just light reflecting off the light to medium grey surface of the moon and also from the white space suits. That´s all.

EDIT: And to add. The shiney highlight on the boot is most likely reflection of light off the white space suit from the astronaut that´s taking the photo.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by jra]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Do you know why the moon is so bright in the sky? Because it reflects something close to 70% of the light that hits its surface. The moon is the other sourse of light, so are the other astronaughts bright white space suits.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
That just happens to be the way light behaves.

Here is an excellent site that demonstrates the phenomena.

www.iangoddard.net...

The second light source is the light reflecting off the moon.

new topics

top topics

join