It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp: General Area 51 Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thank you for your responses to our previous posts and questions. They were enjoyable and very informative.

I had some general questions about your experiences with Area 51.

1. What was the strangest thing you witnessed around, above, or suspecting came from that base? Have you ever seen the fabled Aurora?

2. I have heard rumors that EG&G aren't going to be doing security and other things for the base. Do you have any idea who might be taking their place, if such a story is true at all?

3. I'd like to post a link to Tim Mahoods site regarding a place in the Kingdom of Nellis, Area 19.

www.serve.com...

Do you know anything about this place?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sadly, and despite more than 75 visits to Area 51, I haven't seen squat. The weirdest things I've seen relate to the onnipresent security around the base. In the early days, before I aired my Lazar stories, the security patrols combed the public land every night, even though they were many miles from the base, and they weren't shy about hassling people. (Back then, I was out in the desert arond the base a couple of times a month.) I've also been buzzed by low flying military choppers a few times, but no UFOs. Dammit. No' I've nevere seen the Aurora, assuming it exists.

E.G.&G. has been a presence at 51 since it opened but, officially, it no longer has the contract to run the base, or the Test Site for that matter. Bechtel took over for EGG, and since then, Northrup took over for Bechtel. Put it this way, EGG still has a large and active presence in Las Vegas and my guess is the company is still very much involved with whatever goes on at Groom Lake, whether its name is on the management contract or not. Again, the folks in this line of work are pretty good at obfuscation.

I'm going to withhold comment on Area 19 but not for any mysterious reason. I have to check my files on it (which are in my office, not here at home) but am pretty sure I was allowed to visit the area in the late 90's. It's a fun story, I suppose, although I suspect there is a simpler explanation than the one you sent me. Let me check on it.

new topics

join