It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel feels fine......bummer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR

Castro also expressed his gratitude for all the good wishes he has received from government leaders and supporters around the world

How did he do this? by seance?

I kid, I kid.

And speaking of kids, it's hilarious to see how egocentric some Nortenos can be. As if Bush and Cheney would are on a par with Fidel!

And the kid who posted this, have the police busted down your door, and carted you off to an insane asylum, for being counter-revolutionary? No, then maybe you're not in Cuba . . . as if you'd even HAVE internet there, or be allowed to use it.

I've never been to Cuba, but I think it was a lot like Hungary in the 80's, same paleocommunist total-state.

Let me just tell you one memory from my visit to Hungary.

The whole hi-rise has gas heating. But due to "austerity measures," the whole buildings winter heat setting is around 50 degrees F.

Naturally, people can't let their children freeze to death (which DOES happen, when a radiator breaks, and the state shuts off the heat to avoid a leak.)

So. . . people turn on their gas ovens, and heat up the apartment with the oven. Can you guess how the state responds? They set up OVEN POLICE, who come around and see if you're oven is hot for no reason. So, everyone mixes up bread dough, and keeps it near the oven. And, when somone tapes on your steam-pipe from the floor below, it means the OVEN POLICE are coming up, to see if you are really cooking bread or not. They actually take the temp of your dough, and if it's cold, inside a blazing hot oven . . .

You disappear.

I've heard similar stories from Cubans, about how owning golf-clubs could get you dissapeared, for having "bourgeouse sentiments," while Castro operates one of the premier golf-courses, where vacationing Europeans love to play . . .

Or listening to the radio. In the US, you can get a shortwave radio in any store in the US for under 50 bucks. You are welcome to buy a police scanner, or listen to "Radio Habana" if you want. Guess what happens to Cubans caught listening to Voice of America . . .

Now, Bush and Cheney are just as bad, right?

[edit on 5-8-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You have a lot of reading to do, my friend. The facts I listed speak for themself. If you don't understand those terms, I suggest you turn off FOX "news."

DG - all this talk of Cuba made me crazy! I had to make a run for the border (Taco Bell). LOL

[edit on 8/5/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah let's hope Castro dies.

Then Cuba can be returned to the Mafia, the literacy rate can be driven down, the infant mortality rate up, an end to pesky free healthcare and water and people can go back to wiping up after American tourists, or earning their money in prostitution.

Fidel's only crime, it seems to me, is to demonstrate the thinness of the lie that the 'free-market + underclass' is the only model for modern life.

PS I know of someone who's close to the Bushes (ie he flew UK / US on September 12th 2001) and is a personal friend of Fidel's so the idea there's no contact / conduit for communication between the US and Cuba is just more BS.

PPS How's Dick Cheney? - well I trust

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
You have a lot of reading to do, my friend. The facts I listed speak for themself. If you don't understand those terms, I suggest you turn off FOX "news."

Well, maybe someone else can explain your position for you. I haven't had Fox News for some time now, just so you know.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cuba is certainly a paradise, compared to the US. That's why we get images like these:

Floating Cubans

Google Image Search

Google Search

[edit on 2006/8/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Also, a dictator 90 miles away with some connections with Russia, etc, is no good for the USA.

Why is that?

explain.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, the Cuban Missile Crisis offers one example of a problematic situation, however Russia is a different place today. But, Castro's affinity for enemies of the US creates other problems that are potentially just as serious.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Well, the Cuban Missile Crisis offers one example of a problematic situation, however Russia is a different place today. But, Castro's affinity for enemies of the US creates other problems that are potentially just as serious.

Agreed. His propensity for "bad company" and the proximity of only 90 miles is a threat- and will always be.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Also, a dictator 90 miles away with some connections with Russia, etc, is no good for the USA.

Why is that?

explain.
Grady put it most well. ^

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not to be pedantic or anything, but i get the feeling that some of you think Cuba is doing just fine the way it is, and that Castro is some benevolent dictator.

I dont want to argue, but you have Cubans on this board that lived thru the tyranny and have family there....Dont pretend you know how it is. That's like a poster here telling us daily how great or how bad it is in the USA, when they live in East Bum#, Thailand.

I see lots of sympathisers here when it comes to communism. That's scarey. Either they're card carrying commies, or they're just arguing and talking nonsense because they're ignorant.

History teaches us many things, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty, ask a native. I'm not one to lie. Cuba is no paradise, its a place that time forgot. Everything, construction, cars, etc, is like it was in the 40's or early 50's.
Lack of food, rations that do not feed you through the month...people starving and trying to leave anyway they can........:shk: Its pathetic. And your prayers...they better be directed to Fidel....

I see people interviewed on tv from Cuba, and they say they hope their "father" gets better and lives so he can take care of them....
Ignorant and totally dependent on those rations, they dont know any better. Even IF they wanted to talk they couldnt. On national TV??? That would be suicide.

So, those of you who think this is all propaganda, and things aren't that bad, take it from me....Its worse than one could imagine.

Cubans are very Republican- the majority- because they do not like anything that LEANS LEFT because it scares them. I dont feel that way. I am a liberal and will always be. Being liberal does not a communist make.

Anyhow, my 2 cents for what its worth.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I see lots of sympathisers here when it comes to communism. That's scarey. Either they're card carrying commies, or they're just arguing and talking nonsense because they're ignorant.

Either hypothesis doesn't bode well for the future.

Cubans are very Republican- the majority- because they do not like anything that LEANS LEFT because it scares them. I dont feel that way. I am a liberal and will always be. Being liberal does not a communist make.

Indeed. And the false polarization is one more attempt to rehabilitate communism as some sort of "alternate life-style." But it's only a viable alternative for the ruling elite; a tiny, tiny portion of the citizenry.

Elia Kazan wasn't a republican, either. Just a liberal who believed in liberty. And hollywood continues to drag his name through the mud, even after he's dead.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

DG, indeed it doesn't, and I agree totally with your two cents, wait, let me say that again... I agree with dgtempe, I think I have to go wash my mouth out now, just kidding of course.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
WOW

i'm glad we can agree sometimes.. Isnt it nice?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

i'm glad we can agree sometimes.. Isnt it nice?

I must say it sure is, we have our moments now and again.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but in NYC we have thousands upon thousands of homeless people, starving hungry people, elsewhere in America I know for a fact this exists as well. In Las Vegas they made it illegal to feed homeless people.

We also have people without healthcare, there are poor people in North carolina still living in huts made out of tin. The Internet? ahahaha yes so the Internet Providers can raise their rates too and then they are back to square one when they can't afford it! LOL Yeah they are missing out on a lot.

Who are we to worry about Cuba when we have not yet solved the problems of our own country. I cannot believe that we are already in 2 messes and no sooner then Castro gets sick our government is already inciting people in Cuba to rebel and form a democracy. When will we stop sticking our nose where it doesn't belong? Those people are probably living just like any other supposed democracy down in the carribbean. jamaica, Bahamas, Dominican republic, Haiti. There are poor people there too. Why do we wish to incite and see people die, its so ridiculous.

If we feel so bad we should send them some humanitarian aid instead of funding countries with billions of dollars in Military hardware and make their quality of life better instead of trying to get them killed through rebellion and others killed with our weapons.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Why is that?

explain.
Grady put it most well. ^

nice avoidance.

However, Russia isn't the USSR anymore so a bit flawed now, dontcha think?

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Cute, Lysergic....

I also emphasised that Fidel keeps "bad company" meaning other world governments that are communist or on the brink or on the cusp or wannabes'.

Nice smiley though. I got a few of mine too.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Nice smiley though. I got a few of mine too.

I was inspired by mr monsoon.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Dj perhaps the reason Castro has gone to find friends somewhere else is because US has denied attention to him and worst yet to the Cuban people itself in Cuba.

No only Us is punishing Castro but also the entire population of the Island.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Marg,

I hate to say this of my own people. But everyone must be punished if that's what it takes to free Cuba.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join