It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel feels fine......bummer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Castro also expressed his gratitude for all the good wishes he has received from government leaders and supporters around the world

LOLOL its so funny he said this ! people were rejoicing at the thought of his death.

www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 3-8-2006 by R3KR]

mod edit:
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 18-8-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Why is that a bummer? May I ask why you wishes him dead?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
The same reasons that the cubans that died trying to get to the united states did.
Cuba is not exactly a free state.
No media is "allowed" from the outside, all of it has to be from within cuba. He keeps people in captivity. For gods sake the guy put his own daughter in jail for not believing what he did. All of the cubans that dont make to florida get put in jail and most get killed, for wanting.......... a good oppurtunity and freedom.

Do you think he should be alive ?

I think that if you cut the head off the chicken at least it will weaken his "government"

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Why is that a bummer? May I ask why you wishes him dead?
I dont know about this poster but i wish him dead.
We dont even know if any of this is true- if he's recovering, for all i know he's dead now- Praise the lord. And gone to hell, where he belongs!!!

ps. If he IS dead it would take time for the word to get out- since they have to come up with a gameplan to keep power. As i understand it, Cuban-Americans are all set to go by air and sea to claim what is rightfully theirs.
And they have the $$$$$ to do it- so nobody knows for sure. If Castro was on a deathbed, he'd be giving speeches from the bed...so something is fishy here.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Castro has become such a household name that if he die a lot of people are going to miss his present.

I imagine that even if he dies his death will be kept in secret until the next regime takes hold.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
The same reasons that the cubans that died trying to get to the united states did.
Cuba is not exactly a free state.
No media is "allowed" from the outside, all of it has to be from within cuba. He keeps people in captivity. For gods sake the guy put his own daughter in jail for not believing what he did. All of the cubans that dont make to florida get put in jail and most get killed, for wanting.......... a good oppurtunity and freedom.

Do you think he should be alive ?

I think that if you cut the head off the chicken at least it will weaken his "government"

You do know that Cubans have access to a lot of other outside influences, don't you? There are a lot of nations around the world that do not hold Cuba in the same contempt as the United States.

Personally, I think prevailing US/Cuban policy is outdated and absurd. So right-wingnut. Of course, I'm not Cuban, though. I can understand how some Cubans would despise the Castro regime.

I don't wish him, ill though.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sadly, the only way to be done with Fidel is for him to die. He certainly won't leave office any other way. The only hope for a free Cuba is for Fidel to die. It's no guarantee, but it would be a start.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Cuban and Russian relations have been picking up again lately. There is even some remote talk on outfitting Cienfuegos plant with a nuclear reactor. The plant has been finished some time ago, and it need a reactor and the generators.

Plus this antipathy towards Cuba is far overrated. Cuba poses no threat whatsoever the to the US. Also it has improving relations with South American countries like Peru, Chile, Bolivia, and Venezuela. US shoudl just accept that CUba is and will be- and what they will be is up to them- communist or whatever. Alot of Cubans still support Castro. Europe and Canada have a completely different outlook on Cuba. Most of the wolrd is trading with it. You can't even call Cuba a thorn in the US's side. Just stop playing old Cold War games, and open up relations with Cuba. Its getting pretty tiring traveling to Cuba through Canada on a foreign passport.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
Alot of Cubans still support Castro.

Of course, that would be the ones who want to keep breathing.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Paranoia about Castro and his evil propaganda machine and that sort of stuff should stay back in McCarthy era. Most Americans talk alot of **** about Cuba and Castro- as if they were personally hurt by him and his regime.

I bet 99.5% of those people (not including Cubans living in US) have never been to Cuba. Many know better than to believe what FOX news tells them about the evil Arabs out to get our freedom. So why be so gullible believing the **** you hear about Castro.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Alot of Cubans still support Castro.

Of course, that would be the ones who want to keep breathing.
Thank you, Grady, for your intelligence. Also, a dictator 90 miles away with some connections with Russia, etc, is no good for the USA.

Maloy: I hate to break it to you, but some of us WERE personally hurt by him and his regime.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Many know better than to believe what FOX news tells them about the evil Arabs out to get our freedom. So why be so gullible believing the **** you hear about Castro.
This has been going on for half a century. Some of us are here to tell the story. Fox wasnt even around the time Fidel took over.
This has nothing to do with the NWO or this administrations present aspirations.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We REALLY can not afford to have Cuba fall apart right now while His High Stoopidness,
George W. Burning Bush is still on the throne.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Before I say anything about Fidel and Cuba, I want to note this disclaimer: I understand and have no illusions about Fidel. I know he has been very brutal with his opposition. I do not support that.

But then again, are Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld any better? NO.

I wish I could go to Cuba. I think it is probably beautiful (its people and culture included).

I've been to Key West, and brother (and sistas) that is all I need to know....

The policy we have continued since the Cold War is completely irrational. The only people who still have a hardon for Fidel are Cuban ex-pats with real and deep grievances and the Bush rightwingnuts & their buddies in the defense and clandestine apparatuses.

I long for the day we can have a reasonable and equitable policy with Cuba. I'll be one of the first yanks to head down for a month off work.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Before I say anything about Fidel and Cuba, I want to note this disclaimer: I understand and have no illusions about Fidel. I know he has been very brutal with his opposition. I do not support that.

This statement requires some support. How does the Bush administration resemble the Castro regime?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Something you might not know: Remember the reports a year ago claiming that Castro was worth BILLIONS? The other countries doing business with him have made him extremely wealthy. That wealth is not distributed among the citizens, it does not buy them any more food, it does not educate or house them any better.
All the money obviously goes to Fidels pockets.
I notice some say other countries do business...well, yes. Those countries dont have provisions that he feed the Cubans or house them any better.

My family in Cuba is starving and live in 200 year old shacks. A far cry from the good life we used to share prior to Castro. The sad thing is, eventhough they're starved, and have nothing, most of them are so brain washed now that this is just their way of life. This generation doesnt know any better. They are used to it.

Only the older Cubans who were around prior to Castro remember the good life...As far as Batista, he was an SOB but he was just there...everyone had a right to their homes, businesses and money. Batista was a thug, but he allowed life to go on, trade, and prosperity. (This is from what i remember, and from what my parents and family have always said) I'm not an expert on "Batista" except for on my 3rd birthday, my family celebrated it in "Coney Island" in Havana...and the fat Batista was there celebrating HIS sons birthday as well.

...But enough blabbering out of me.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I wish I could go to Cuba. I think it is probably beautiful (its people and culture included).

Amen. The caribbean playground. Nobody used to go to the other islands...Cuba was IT!!! The night life, gambling, the resorts, the beaches, and the beautiful women

I hope you can go someday, but that place needs time to be rebuilt. Just make sure you go to Varadero Beach... its the most incredible place on earth!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

This statement requires some support. How does the Bush administration resemble the Castro regime?

Bush has signed 750 signing statements disregarding US law.

Torture.

Indefinite detention of US citizens.

Evisceration of the ammendments to the constitution.

Illegal spying/wiretapping of US citizens.

Evisceration of the press

Free-speech zones...

Really, do I need to go on?:shk:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Amen. The caribbean playground. Nobody used to go to the other islands...Cuba was IT!!! The night life, gambling, the resorts, the beaches, and the beautiful women

I hope you can go someday, but that place needs time to be rebuilt. Just make sure you go to Varadero Beach... its the most incredible place on earth!!!

So I've heard... and duly noted!

I think organized crime is also a group that really, really hates Castro. For the above reasons Dg mentioned. US organized crime interests lost their A double S when Castro took over. It was always described as a true paradise of nightlife... like a US-Caribbean Monte Carlo.

Dang! Now I REALLY want to go check it out! Even how it is now. I'm just a parrot-head.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Really, do I need to go on?

Well, yes, you do need to go on. You need to explain what those terms mean and name some examples of them.

I happen to live in the United States and I am unaware of a diminution of my freedoms since the advent of the Bush administration.

The President had used his executive power, to be sure, but these are extraordinary times that require extraordinary leadership.

Simply quoting a number of buzzwords and clichés doesn't really tell me much nor do these things comport with my experience.

[edit on 2006/8/5 by GradyPhilpott]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join