It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun delivers yet another shot at Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
just read on CNN.com that yet another "storm" is heading our way.

They say it's another fast and powerful one.

Any one have any ideas on why this is happening so
frequently ?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I read somewhere that the sun is at the end of some kind of 11 year solar cycle so my hunch is that it is, is some way, connected to that. But this seems like a lot. 3 flares in one week hit us, one normal sized one being the 3rd largest in recorded history and this one is in the top 20. Yikes.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
i heard its because we are close to the direction a sunspot the size of jupitor is facing.. so when it gives out flares they head in our general direction..

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I find it interesting that yesterday, there were a few people on here who have been experiencing wierd headaches since all of these solar flares started...

hmmmm.. My girlfriend included.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The 11 year solar cycle was suppose peak in 2001. After that, the solar activity is supposed to be calm.

This is what the cycle is supposed tolook like. As you can see, 2003 sun spot activity should be low. yet, why are there so many sun spots and corresponding CMEs?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
click

Three more flares erupt from Sun
By Joseph B. Verrengia in Boulder, Colorado
November 4, 2003

THE Sun fired at least three more salvos of highly charged particles toward Earth on Sunday and yesterday, and scientists said more explosions from the Sun's surface were likely.

damn isnt the sun angry at us.

new topics

top topics

join