It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Evil & Immoral become "COOL"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was just thinking about how much has changed over the years.
Not just the last few years, but over the course of a couple generations.

When DID it become "COOL" to be Immoral, or Evil, or Mean/Cruel/Rude/Disobedient.... etc?

I know it has slowly trickled into this state over time; but I was trying to see if I could get a close timeframe of when it happened, or what it was that caused it to be so publically rampant?

When I grew up as a young kid, I was SCARED of "bad guys" or "Evil" things.
It was COOL to be the good guy when you played Cops n Robbers.

Somewhere along the lines something changed.
Everyone thinks it's "COOL" to talk about Satan, & witchcraft.
It's "COOL" to be the bad guy & curse & swear, & steal & cheat.....
It's "COOL" to make fun of Christianity, (more than any other religion) & to denounce God's existence.

What happened?

Where is the morality nowadays? Where is the responsibility & the accountability of parents for their children?

What was the major turning point in society, that made people want to make fun of what is GOOD, & used to be sought after?

Everyone wants to be tough, & powerful, & out-do the next guy.
They have to "One-up" their friends.... be more outrageous, & more over-the-top.

It's "SHOCK VALUE" without a care for what happens.

I can't believe how much has changed.

How do YOU think it crept in like this???

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think the whole devil and satan and sin thing just is too cool, and always will be, its human nature to defy what is right.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster
I think the whole devil and satan and sin thing just is too cool, and always will be, its human nature to defy what is right.

So it's YOU!!! YOU are the one to blame for the decline of civilization!

HA!

IS it HUMAN nature, to defy, or disobey the rules?
Or is it just that Satan really DOES have quite a grip on the world nowadays?

Seriously though. What was the main thing that made MANY people think it was "cool"?
It wasn't always like that.

That's what I wonder.
It almost HAD to be when TV was available, in order to give mass coverage to the subject.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you believe in the old testament

the world was destroyed by Gods wrath cause sin was so big, again it is the same

sin is easy, so it is cool, anything that is easy is cool

anything that is fast fun and easy fun is cool sin is just like that

the devil keeps making new ways to get man attention it will get worse ever generation

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I see where you're coming from.....

But I wonder what it was in OUR current lifetime, or over the last generation or so that may have made the biggest impact on people's attitudes.

I can't think of anything that "clicked" like a switch in society so to speak, to bring this type of thinking into our lives.

That's kinda what I'm wondering........
Can anyone possible pinpoint When &/or Where &/or What the situation may have been?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marko1970

When DID it become "COOL" to be Immoral, or Evil, or Mean/Cruel/Rude/Disobedient.... etc?

Besides you, who else says that it's become "COOL" to be a bad person? And how do you jump from "Immoral, or Evil..." to "Disobedient?" Is there a sliding scale at work here, or are all these things equally bad?

Baack

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Right after God slaughtered all of humanity with a huge flood, leaving only a mutant, half-angel albino and his family alive. People have always liked disaster stories about evil entities.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
alot of it could be people with there minds, making wrong choices and being misinformed

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baack

Besides you, who else says that it's become "COOL" to be a bad person? And how do you jump from "Immoral, or Evil..." to "Disobedient?" Is there a sliding scale at work here, or are all these things equally bad?

Baack

Good question....
I guess in a sense I AM putting disobedience in the category of Immoral/Evil....

I'm talking about the growing condition of people's blatant disregard of respect for each other. The way that people seem to "glorify" or "popularize", or glamourize being the bad guy. (something to that effect)

I know Hollywood has found a way to make the bad guys more likeable. (I'm not sure I'm saying this correctly, so forgive me if I'm unclear)

I remember growing up, it wasn't "cool" to be sent to the principal's office, or get into/cause trouble. It was a big deal if you went to jail, or did something wrong.

The kids who were troublemakers were shunned, & looked down upon by their peers more than they are now.

It was actualy COOL to be a good kid, & stay OUT of trouble. To NOT steal. To be HONEST......

But it seems like something happened, (maybe it was slowly, & we've just become more desensitized) and people just accept the new attitudes of the "ME FIRST" generation.

I was thinking maybe there was a certain movie, or band, or event, that changed people's attitudes from helpful, & respectful, & just plain ol' GOOD,..... to what it seems to be NOW.

I know people have always wanted to be rebellious to an extent, but now it's the "IN thing" it seems.
But it's not just rebellion for a cause, or to demonstrate a point of view. It's to see how far you can go. How far you can push the limits, & what can you get away with.

Maybe there wasn't one thing in particular, but more like a slow building up/desensitization, & lowering of morality & standards.

new topics

top topics

join