It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Light Object Spotted by Many in Western Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Damnit. It seems I miss all the good stuff when I'm Away from home.

I was just talking to my mother on the phone. She lives in south Everett, Washington, about 20 minutes north of Seattle. She told me about an extremely weird even that happened in the early morning hours of August 1.

It was about 4:30 in the morning, and my mom and a friend were on the back porch smoking a cigarette. The back porch is also where we feed the local raccoons. The raccoon clan was there, as usual, chowing down on some cat food set out for them, and my mom and her friend were watching. My mother was gazing towards the east. All of the sudden, an object appeared, a huge object she said look about the size of a diesel truck. It was brighter than the brightest halogen lights. It shot straight down and disappeared from view behind some apartments, although it was not that close. It went straight down. It passed in utter silence.

Both my mom and her friend were freaked out. They couldnt believe what they saw. It was not a meteor or something like that. My moms friend decided to call the local news channel to report what she saw. (She did not think reporting it to the police would be helpful, and having no ties or knowldge of ufology in general, figured the media might be the best place to report it).

It turns out that the main area of sighting was Smokey Point, a town a bit more north east of Everett. It seems that many residents saw the thing, and several police officers as well. The local news station was getting tons of calls about it.

So my mom was still outside while her friend called. Suddenly, she saw the object rise from where it seems to have gone down, shoot right back up and into the sky, where it vanished.

Also, my mom reported to me that when the object came down, the raccoons, who were feasting as normal, suddenly became frightened and they all went scrambling like mad, running away. Mind you, there was no sound associated with the object, and the raccoons, who come to our porch every night and are used to the lights coming on, were suddenly terrified by this object, and they actually ran and were making weird noises as they ran. My mom also said that my cats became very startled and nervous as well.

So, have any members here who live in Western Washington seen this thing? Or does anyone know what it is?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
That area has a long history of sightings. I was born in Tacoma near Ft. Lewis and I recall hearing a few reports even back then.
I found this one that seems to have some similarities(note the guys name)-
www.wdnweb.com...

"I called my wife, Kathy, and told her we got a show goin' on," said Clarence Everett, who lives near Bath.

Everett was outside about 7 p.m. Friday when he said he looked east and "saw this star blinkin.' It looked different (than a star), and, all of a sudden, it moved. I said, 'That's no star.'"

This sighting actually spans the weekend. I don't recall where Bath is in relation to Everett just seemed it might relate.
BTW thanks for the report.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yeah, there are quite a few sightings in this paticular area.

After all, the first modern day "flying saucer" report occured near Mt. Rainier!

I wonder what this was? Anyone who live there seen it?

new topics

join