It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do women really want?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think it all depends on the woman. There are some very materialistic women out there who only care about the monetary value of things and get mad if you buy something cheap. For myself, I don't care so much about what it is as long as I know my hubby put some thought into it. Grocery store flowers don't show much thought was put into it, but a bush or plant for my garden does. Gifts that show you care about her are always good. My husband knows I don't get to buy clothes very often and don't get to pamper myself much so sometimes he'll get me a gift certificate to the mall or a spa or something. I like that too!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What to women really want?

Well, being as I'm not a woman, I can't say for sure, but if I were to
guess, I'd have to quote a spice girls song:

"A man, not a boy who thinks he can.".

On a more serious note, I think it depends on the woman, but at the
core all women, just like all men, even though we don't generally admit
it, just want to feel loved, and cared about, and secure.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
We want to like how we feel when we're with you.

and to not have to worry about how you feel about us when we're NOT with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What do women really want?

We all want different things =) Were not all materialistic you know!!! Yes some of us are very expensive lol.. but i'm sure theres more like me who don't want a thing but to know you care!

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ultimately IMHO women want to be loved and given attention by our special someone.

As for a gift, make it personal to her. What does she enjoy doing? What would make her feel like a queen? For instance, if she enjoys listening music and owns a computer, perhaps an ipod. If she like to scrapbook, get her a giftcard to a craft store. You see it's not so hard to figure out. Sure flowers, jewelry, and candyare nice...but when you make it so that applies only to her, just watch the wow reaction

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
lust is merely misconstruded love.

fornication is the physical manifestation of love. we were curious about love, but somehow got stuck maybe thinking that physical love was love.

true love is knowing the inner voice of a person. true love is looking into their eyes and doing these things while accomidating both their needs and their wants:

1) can you truly acknowledge them for who they are?
2) can you truly recognize them for who they are?
3) can you truly accept them for who they are?
4) can you truly love them for who they are?

know your intentions. they are what causes you to manifest unneccesary uncomforatble feelings in your life. if you fear loosing a friend, and refuse to admit to yourself that you are only afraid of losing them, then how can you fix that fear if you deny your own truth? and if you deny yourself your own truth, then how effective are you of truly knowing anyone else, when you refuse to know yourself?

Actions and behaviors are a byproduct of your intentions.

but before we can truly do any of the things listed above, we must first truly know ourselves:
1) what makes me angry, and why?
2) why do i really "hate" anyone?
3) what is fear?
4) how effective is my fear of serving others i think i love?

i know other tips, but for now i think this will direct you in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Women want respect. They want a 50/50 deal. They want support. They want to share with their partner.

Most of all they expect a reciprocal relationship. They want to give and get back.
They want to be treated as equals and respected for having some intelligence.

(I hear ya laughin!!!)

In Pace Always
resi

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
women want what they don't have. at least until they're 26 or so.

let me say also that i know i'm speaking of MOST women, not all.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
They want respect...

[edit on 30-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I've found not too many women I know are into materialistic items. A simple present once in a while is alright, but most seem to enjoy the effort and support you put into the relationship. Sure, a candlelit dinner would make them happy, but the effort you put into it is what they admire more.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
For me I want equality. I want to know I am loved, respected and cared for. I want to be able to die happy and satisfied in this world. As for other women, well to let all you males in on a little secret....ready?.....all women are different that is why we are all so hard to figure out. We each have our own hopes and desires.

xo

CM

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i've found that women and men aren't really all that dissimilar. women just have a much better knack for being sneaky (in general)

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
....most women have individual priorities. A mother will have different priorities from those of a teenage woman as would a woman who has homosexual tendancies and these priorities would differ again from those of a recently widowed lady.
Women are also fashion victims. The media and fashion industry are more than aware of how gullable they are when it comes to image and trying and buying the most contemporary colour in listicks, anti aging lotions and a myriad of other overpriced items of vanity and self improvement.
How many males have female partners with less than two dozen pairs of shoes which are added to with feverish neccessity every time the pay cheque comes?
All women are individuals just like us men so if you've got an honest hardworking loyal lady then look after her because neglect in the emotional department is an assurity she may just move on. Remember guys r-e-s-p-e-c-t with your lady has a high value in a relationship.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Every woman seems to be a bit different. Some may want a lot of attention. Some believe when you get married you become their slave to do their bidding. Some believe it's perfectly natural for men to be somehow neutered upon marriage and you're hurting the marriage if you happen to gaze upon any other female at any time as if that suddenly became unnatural.

Other females enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship and let men be men as long as the bedroom activity always stays with them. Some females are submissive. Some are not. Females are complicated creatures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join