It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids, etc..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
After doing extensive research on the Egyptians I have come to the conclusion that they did not worship the stars, they merely studied them constantly. I believe they studied Sirius because the Earth was passing through a super heated jet-stream coming from Sirius. Their god "Osiris" is the god of death and the underworld. Simply put, Osiris is a loose translation of "O Sirius" or "Of Sirius". So whatever came from Sirius was of large enough magnitude that they needed to build the Pyramids (which is the perfect shape to deflect what was coming from the sky). What ever was "Of Sirius", it caused massive amounts of death, and forced people underground to survive (God of death and the underworld) I also have come to the conclusion that they used gold to help protect them more, seeing as how gold is so dense, it would shield them from radiation. I believe the Mayans started building their pyramids for the same reasons, but came to realize that their region of the Earth would not be stricken by this jet-stream of gasses (hence they never got completed to the extent of the Egyptian pyramids). If one were to study the star Sirius their whole life and have other people studying the same star to figure out what would happen when the earth was hit with these gasses, people would assume it to be a religious thing when in fact it was not. Years from now people may say that our society worshiped computers as gods, but this is simply not true, we just spend a lot of time dedicated to them. The Mayans I believe did the math, crunched the numbers, and figured out that they were not going to be hit with this deadly jet-stream, but the Earth would be hit by it again many years later. I believe the Mayan calender can tell us when it will hit Earth again, perhaps it does. Many people believe it to be December 21st, 2012. I believe this date to be inaccurate, because the Egyptians must have had an extremely advanced warning of what was about to come in order to build the pyramids in time for it's arrival. I believe they could see it from the sky, a huge cloud of gas coming towards earth. That whole area of the earth had all it's water turned into steam, and then once everything cooled off, the rain went on for months, creating the Nile river delta which can still be seen to this day.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by xuul]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Um, ok, I'll bite.

Sirius is a binary 8.6 light years away.

That is a long, long, long way indeed.

There is no "burning jetstream" that could reach here from there. You could probably empty out the entire volume of both stars and not reach Earth from there in a column the size of your pinky.

Sirius is, however, the brightest star in the sky. That probably caught their eye. It rises with the dawn in August, which is also when the Nile floods, by coincidence. It's also the hottest part of the year, typically, in the Northern Hemisphere, so the Romans, not having a Nile to flood, associated it with the miserable heat of summer. Since Sirius is associated with Canis Major, the part of summer when Sirius rises with the dawn is, in the idiom of the Romans, the "Dog Days".

The term "Sirius" isn't an Egyptian word at all. It is from a Greek word meaning "to spark", "to burn" or "scorching". The Greek term for Osiris is spelled something like Usiris with a few diacritical marks tossed in, whereas the term for the star Sirius is something like seirios, again with a little decoration. The Egyptian word for Osiris is more like Aeser or Aser.

Osiris in Egyptian mythos is linked with death and rebirth that renews Nature. He is also linked with the Nile. So, any construed link between the star Sirius and Osiris is probably associated with the annual flooding of the Nile about the time that Sirius rises with the dawn.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuul
I believe they studied Sirius because the Earth was passing through a super heated jet-stream coming from Sirius.
Where did you get that information? Sirius?

What ever was "Of Sirius", it caused massive amounts of death, and forced people underground to survive (God of death and the underworld) I also have come to the conclusion that they used gold to help protect them more, seeing as how gold is so dense, it would shield them from radiation.
It caused massive amounts of death but:
1. There are no records of anything like that, as far as I know
2. Did this only happened in Egypt? What kind of "something" was this that was coming from Sirius but only got to Egypt. I suppose you know that the Earth spins.

We know the relation between the density of something and the shielding capabilities of that something, but for someone who did not even knew what that the radiation existed how would they know that the gold would protected them?

I believe the Mayans started building their pyramids for the same reasons, but came to realize that their region of the Earth would not be stricken by this jet-stream of gasses (hence they never got completed to the extent of the Egyptian pyramids).
Again, how would that region be less affected by that "jet-stream of gases"? Was it a jet-stream from Sirius focused on Egypt? Or maybe was a giant with a magnifying glass focused on Egypt, trying to burn some cities.

If one were to study the star Sirius their whole life and have other people studying the same star to figure out what would happen when the earth was hit with these gasses, people would assume it to be a religious thing when in fact it was not.
Why?

Years from now people may say that our society worshiped computers as gods, but this is simply not true, we just spend a lot of time dedicated to them.
Only stupid people would say that, anyone interested in our society would know that this was not the case, are thousands of clues to show that is not the case.

I believe they could see it from the sky, a huge cloud of gas coming towards earth. That whole area of the earth had all it's water turned into steam, and then once everything cooled off, the rain went on for months, creating the Nile river delta which can still be seen to this day.
So, you are saying that all the water in that region was evaporated. That must include the Mediterranean sea, because if it was only the Nile, the Nile is connected to the Mediterranean, and if the Nile would loose all its water the water from the Mediterranean would have entered the Nile.

But the Mediterranean is connected to the Atlantic, would this mean that the Atlantic also evaporated into steam? But all oceans are connected, does this means that all water on Earth was evaporated ?

Also, in that case, the energy from the "jet-stream" would be strong enough to evaporate one of largest rivers in the World but it would not kill the people who lived there, even supposing that they lived underground.

Well, I suppose you have a lot of further studies to make.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
"We know the relation between the density of something and the shielding capabilities of that something, but for someone who did not even knew what that the radiation existed how would they know that the gold would protected them? "

Who's to say that they didn't know? You?

"The term "Sirius" isn't an Egyptian word at all. It is from a Greek word meaning "to spark", "to burn" or "scorching". The Greek term for Osiris is spelled something like Usiris with a few diacritical marks tossed in, whereas the term for the star Sirius is something like seirios, again with a little decoration. The Egyptian word for Osiris is more like Aeser or Aser. "

Hence: It was a mistranslation..

"Only stupid people would say that, anyone interested in our society would know that this was not the case, are thousands of clues to show that is not the case."

Only stupid people would say that the Egyptians worshiped stars...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
You do realise that the name Osiris isn't even Egyptian, it was what the Greco-Romans changed them too when they 'borrowed' from there religion. The real name of Osiris is Asar/Wesir, same as Isis is really Aset and so on. Any Egyptian God name that ends in 'is' is from the Greco-Romans not the Egyptians.

So you could still be right, but it would be the Greco-Romans that named him after the star, not the Egyptians.

Also the Greko-Romans changed a hell of alot of the folklore behind these Gods to fit in with there beliefs.

Here are some links on the real names of the Egyptian Gods:

www.philae.nu...

NOTE the bold names are the true names of the Gods

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Who's to say that they didn't know? You?
To know that they would need to have a way of detecting the radiation, but not any radiaton, only the stronger radiations are stopped (or only reduced) by denser materials.

As far as I know, no one ever found an Egyptian Geiger counter or anything that could be used like that.

It is easier to know what kind of relation we have today with computers (we have produced more than 1,000,000,000 computers by 2001) than what kind of relation the people of a civilisation that had at most 2 or 3 million people had with the stars.

And I never heard that they worshiped the stars.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   

"The term "Sirius" isn't an Egyptian word at all. It is from a Greek word meaning "to spark", "to burn" or "scorching". The Greek term for Osiris is spelled something like Usiris with a few diacritical marks tossed in, whereas the term for the star Sirius is something like seirios, again with a little decoration. The Egyptian word for Osiris is more like Aeser or Aser. "

I got that Sirius was called Sothis by the early Dynastic Egyptians from a few websites about the Egyptian calendar. I linked them in several other threads in this section at ATS.

Who says they worshiped stars? Like us, they associated certain stars with certain things (we have the "Star of Bethlehem," after all.) Just because they believed that there was some significance to stars does not mean they worshipped them. The Egyptians worshiped gods, many of which were animal/human mixtures. The fact that they associated certain stars with certain dieties does not mean that they considered those stars to actually be those dieties, or the homes of those dieties. They did not.

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow, this forum is pretty much pointless to talk on. Later

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Hence: It was a mistranslation..

No, more like it's a totally different word. Sort of like God and goad are similar in appearance but very different in meaning.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I really get the biggest kick out of people like this. People who assume these forums are designed for you to say what you want and have others worship every word. Do you understand what a "forum" is? If you can't handle criticism, why post? Especially when you have a new theory.
You have to expect a certain level of resistance. A common trait of most new theories on anything is that they go against the grain of what is generally accepted by the masses, and even the educated. To stake a claim like you did is fine. To answer the criticism with a remark like you did is just sad. Find evidence; support yourself instead of just getting upset and whining about everything. Honestly, you'll get more respect and can be sure that your opinions are at least being heard.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia

...If you can't handle criticism, why post? Especially when you have a new theory.
...To stake a claim like you did is fine. To answer the criticism with a remark like you did is just sad. Find evidence; support yourself instead of just getting upset and whining about everything. Honestly, you'll get more respect and can be sure that your opinions are at least being heard.

Edenkaia,

Excellent advice. I have another thing to point out to xuul.

Xuul,
Your original post assumes that there are somewhere a bunch of people that think the Egyptians "worshipped the stars." If this assumption is not made, then your entire post really has no point.

So, since you ran into a few people that know a few things about the Egyptians, your entire premise was exposed as false. This means that either you just held some mistaken belief about the Egyptians, or you used the "worshipped the stars" as a straw man argument you could cut down with your supposedly superior argumentative points, thinking nobody here would know the difference.

If the first case is true, I suggest you should maybe do a little research before you post your diatribes. ATS is a good place to start, there is much posted right here about the Egyptians. If you'd read some of these posts first, you might well have become aware that you held a mistaken belief.

If the second case is true, then we are well shed of you, unless you are open to actually learning a thing or two about the subjects you wish to discuss. Unfortunately, judging by your last post above, you appear to have no interest in that.

Harte

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marchimedes
Try this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, this seems to have been placed in the moderator trash bin, to which I have no access.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I suppose you will not be minding very much if after all this extensive research, you post a few tidbits of your sources, bibliography and all.

new topics

top topics

join