It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were mother nature

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I would make it so that humans have the ability for
"road rage"

Leave my road rage alone. If you want to change anything on the road, change the idiots who cause my road rage.

For example, if you are going slower than me (which is probably the case) get out of the left darned lane!

And if you drive next to someone else, and are pacing the other car, thereby creating a rolling roadblock, don't look surprised when I bump you to wake you up!!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
don't worry T.C. when we've all got wings I'm sure there will be air rage instead.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
yes a photographic memory would be pretty good. We would all be geniuses. Crime figures would plummet because there would be no such thing as an unreliable witness .But can you imagine the size of the brain that we would need to store all of that information in, let alone process it and make sence of it all.

Just because we can remember alot of things doesn't necessarily mean that we mean huge brains. If that was true, then everytime we learned something new, our brains would get get bigger. I think to have a photographic memory our brains would just have to be rewired somehow so that we take in information in a faster and more efficient way and be able to remember it.

I onder how soceity would be affected if we had photographic memories. The SATs and tests would be practically useless since everyone can memorize everything. Schools would be alot different; we'd learn high school stuff in elementary school and books would replace teachers.

It came to mind that the ability to take in information and instantly memorize it is one thing, but what about long term memorization? I would have both.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
what about if we developed hereditary memories then we wouldn't even have to learn anything that our parents didn't already know and pass down to us.can you imagine the leaps and bounds we would make in developing new technologies if we could build on what we already new at birth.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
First thing: I'd probably change the environment a little, make it hotter in some places, and colder in others.

As for humans, at one point the would have evolved slightly longer arms and legs, making them taller. The Heart would become completely different, becoming a series of spread out pumps, therefore heart problems would be easier to solve. Lungs would be larger deffinitely, and more complex.

Now's the fun part, evolution of the mind. At one point humans would begin losing emotion, becomind completely emotoinless. Next they would develop Telekinesis, and the ability to create electrical pulses in their hand.

yup...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
no maybe not , forget that last thought of mine I'm sure there are a lot of things in my parents memories that I wouldn't like to know.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hehe...

We're all going to be Mothmen! Yay!!!

That fits a combo of our descriptions all right... (I was going for the Grey comparison in my post, hehe...)

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
i would kill the damn human plague thats been bugging me for millenia

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
yes but your mother nature wouldn't you rather cure us than kill us?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm just happy that we would be PURPLE

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sometimes the only way to cure a disease is to annihilate it.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Sometimes the only way to cure a disease is to annihilate it.

To fix the problem, the world population needs to be cut down. So as mother nature, you will have to annihilate atleast a billion people.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
But seriously, what the hell is she (mother nature) waiting for us to get rid of all our remaining body hair???
It isn't usefull anymore, and it's dawn annoying.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   

But seriously, what the hell is she (mother nature) waiting for us to get rid of all our remaining body hair???

does anyone know if this is actually happening? Are we any less hairy than people of say a few hundred years ago?
this morning when I was trying to drag myself out of bed I thought of another ability that I would like and that is to be able to wake instantly, but I suppose that we probably had that ability once upon a time. Does anyone think that there are some abilities that we have lost that we should get back?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
-sighs- Nature is not a sentient, calculating entity, nature is a reaction.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
duh I kinda knew that I just meant if you could have control over evolution.It was just a fun thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   

does anyone know if this is actually happening? Are we any less hairy than people of say a few hundred years ago?
this morning when I was trying to drag myself out of bed I thought of another ability that I would like and that is to be able to wake instantly, but I suppose that we probably had that ability once upon a time. Does anyone think that there are some abilities that we have lost that we should get back?

Well at least, we have a lot less hair than say, caveman, or what we pictured them like.

What do you mean, wake up instantly? Cuz if you mean going to bed telling your self "tomorow I'll wake up at 7h00" and waiking up at this exact time, I think some rare people have that ability. Guess it's just a mind training thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What do you mean, wake up instantly? Cuz if you mean going to bed telling your self "tomorow I'll wake up at 7h00" and waiking up at this exact time, I think some rare people have that ability. Guess it's just a mind training thing.

yes that would be a really handy thing to be able to do. For a short while at about the age of 10 I was able to do it for a few months. I told myself to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning and hey presto I did.now I struggle to open my eyes before 8 am.
Strangely my daughter also managed to wake herself up at 6 oclock every morning for a few months a little while back and she is 10 years old.probably just a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well I usually wake up a few minutes before my alarm start ringing. But only on week days, when I have to go to work. And sometimes I put my alarm at different hours. It's kinda weird.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
I would like to stop war, because the truth is that war is not in human nature !

and of course, devellop love and brotherhood between humans.

war is not in the human nature
i dont think so. war is very much in the human nature. war has been happening sence humans have been around. id love to see total peace through the world too but its never going to happen as man in any form are on this planet.

<< 1    3 >>

join