It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream forgetting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ever wonder how we have a hard time remembering dreams?

Ever think about how the function of dream and death utilizes the same chemical in your brain?

Ever think about rebirth how you don't remember who you are and it is bothersom?

If we die and go to an afterlife, will we remember this life? If we return will we remember where we came from?

Can you remeber all your actions when you were 1,2 or 3 years of age and so on?

I don't think its that we are not capable of rememering tons of information but there is some purpose of forgetting.

I guess if we knew too much or knew everything we could not enerate new experience. Please comment and peculate on this.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Interesting post. I don't have any scientific or medically backed answer to share here, but it seems possible to me that when we are dreaming, we may be using a part of our brain which is normally not active.

When we wake up, that part of the brain begins a "shut-down" process? The process is gradual so that you have a better chance of remembering immediately upon waking up from your dream - and a lesser chance of remembering say 20 minutes later.

Well thats my theory

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The Author of the Spirit Molecule did scientific tests with '___', the same chemical that is released when you die and when you enter deep sleep... it is the chemical that creates dreams...

He found with HEAVY/LARGE doses that people could 'hardly' remember their experience, the same as people can't remember their dreams..

it's odd that, usually, the harder the day you have, the deeper the sleep you have... Since in my opinion this equates to me that more nn-dmt is released when you have a hard day, meaning that the more stress caused in the physical state creates a deeper or more intense trip/dream/experience....

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite

Ever wonder how we have a hard time remembering dreams?
[...]
Can you remeber all your actions when you were 1,2 or 3 years of age and so on?
[...]

i have a function on my PC to put it into 'stand-by' mode

that's (imho) just what our brains are doing in the dream state
trying to be immediately active if there's some event requiring immediate response....such as a fire or earthquake or an intruder or other danger
which may rouse one from their needed rest time....

yes i can remember a few events or experiences when i was 3,
but around 2 or 2 1/2 the recollections become so fuzzy that i cannot
swear that those memories were fact or are creations of my later wishes/desires/needs to create a 'continuium' of personal history !?!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I recently read a book that put forward the theory that when we are dreaming we are actually visiting ourselves and living our lives in an alternate universe.
Interesting thought and was a great book too......just trying to remember what it was called. I think it was Insonmia by Stephen King, but not sure, I read soooo many book that sometimes they blur together.
Must say that after reading that I now look at my dreams in a whole new way.
cheers
crash

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

He found with HEAVY/LARGE doses that people could 'hardly' remember their experience, the same as people can't remember their dreams..

Then again, the same thing goes with ingesting large amounts of alcohol. I figure any mind/reality altering substance/drug will do this, just based on the fact that it messes with your brain.

When it comes to remembering dreams, there are several ways to help you remember, ranging from normal stuff to more of a spiritual side of things. The easiest way to remember is to write down your dreams as soon as you wake up. Normally you will find that if you are lucky enough to remember a dream, you will almost entirely forget about it within an hour. Then there are some other things you can do such as concentration exercises and mantras.

If we die and go to an afterlife, will we remember this life? If we return will we remember where we came from?

No, you cannot remember it in life where trapped in a physical body. But it is my personal opinion that when you die, you will suddenly recall all of your past lives and have access to every memory and every thought you ever had. The pure soul you will exist as when you are freed of your body is not hindered by the limitations of physical organs like the brain.
It is also my opinion that you will not remember where you came from if you are reincarnated into a new body/life. That would spoil all the fun, if everyone here on Earth was born knowing what goes on outside of life. It would be like being on a hidden camera show and told that it is a hidden camera show before it all starts. It just defeats the purpose. Of course when you die again, you will remember all of your lives.
You chose this life for a reason, to learn a specific lesson or experience something special that only life as you know it here can offer. You already knew and chose who you were going to become, who your family was, whether you were going to be rich or poor. A part of you already knows when you are going to die. You just aren't allowed to know until this physical life is over, but then it will all flood back to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
All this talk of the afterlife makes me wonder, what is on the other side? No one has ever been back to tell the tale. But about memory, I believe we are like computers (analogy) for every memory, every memory we get about how to do something like holding a fork and ect., it goes into our memory banks. But, if we gain to much memory for a human to gain, we have to "delete" some memory to make room, but most of the time the memory just goes into what i'd like to think of it as a sub-subconcious, a part of the brain soo deep, it's almost impossible to reach. But, like Yarcofin said:

No, you cannot remember it in life where trapped in a physical body. But it is my personal opinion that when you die, you will suddenly recall all of your past lives and have access to every memory and every thought you ever had. The pure soul you will exist as when you are freed of your body is not hindered by the limitations of physical organs like the brain.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

top topics

join