It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video of Bigfoot in Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Could be an aborigine bushman in some type of native getup but this is an interesting one. Best to stop motion a couple of times for a good look.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Gut feeling..... fake, just looks/sounds too staged. Looks to me like an aborigine with big blonde hair, or wig.

I would have thought if it was 'bigfoot' it would have run long before they got close with a camera.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Chewbacca always hated lasers lol

seriously it looks like someone in a wookie suit (espeically in slow motion.)

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah, hate to say it but that is almost a dead of chewy costume, unless wookies do infact exist. If thats the case we are in for some fun.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yea, it's so cheap too. I laughed through the whole thing. I was hoping like I'd see a Jawa or something too. I guess Australia doesn't have all of our Star Wars dreams.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And you'd think with the price of airfare these days, it'd be difficult or near impossible for a bigfoot to make his way to the land Down Under...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
hmmmm im from australia, and here we call that a "Yowie" and we even hav little chocolates of them

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That is pretty sad. Obviously a fake. don't really know how it made it to this site.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb
That is pretty sad. Obviously a fake. don't really know how it made it to this site.

I posted it Sherlock. Fake or not we need to review these so as to deter hoaxers from thinking they can get one by us.

I thought 'Wookie' but I didn't want to give away the obvious. I'm glad many have seen the same thing.

So it is agreed that this is a definite hoax everyone?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Obviously, it's too staged, and if I was that close to it, I wouldn't be like
"What was that?". I'd be like "Where's Harrison Ford?"

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wow...that was possibly the worst bigfoot hoax I've seen ever! Looks like they were almost trying to make fun of the now infamous "Fallen Angel" hoax/video that popped up a couple months back.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like some idiot in a Wookie suit.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My favorite is the tremendous voice acting:

"Wha?!? What's that?"
*As though he had just come upon an interesting strain of field wheat.*

At least the Spanish fallen angel guys gave us the courtesy of a good heartfelt swear...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
lol bigfoots on holiday down under arr well cant blame him with all those bigfoot hunters after him id need a vacation too

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There is nothing in the video that would suggest that it's a fake. Just because the creature has hair similar to a fictional character doesn't prove anything. Is it life imitating art, or vice-versa. Maybe the creature would have run long before the camera operator got close. Maybe it was caught off-guard, and tried to hide as best it could. If you have any more real evidence to show that the encounter was staged, please let us all know. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Or it could possibly some nite-hikers were in the woods close to a Star Wars convention and caught one of the geeks out taking a leak behind a tree, maybe?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
There is nothing in the video that would suggest that it's a fake.

Now I know that you like a good argument, Enkidu, and I respect that.

But really? You're going to choose this hill to die on?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

I posted it Sherlock. Fake or not we need to review these so as to deter hoaxers from thinking they can get one by us.

I thought 'Wookie' but I didn't want to give away the obvious. I'm glad many have seen the same thing.

So it is agreed that this is a definite hoax everyone?

No need to get personal, but that was incredibly bad and just because some kids put up a vid on youtube doesn't mean that it has to shown here. If was even a little bit realistic then yeah definately. but come on..........

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

Originally posted by Enkidu
There is nothing in the video that would suggest that it's a fake.

But really? You're going to choose this hill to die on?

I think it is fake too for one reason.. the creature doesn't know how to hide behind a tree? come on..

Looks like some guy waiting on cue for the camera and lights..

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

...just because some kids put up a vid on youtube doesn't mean that it has to shown here.

Of course it does!
I got jbondo's back on this one.

Even videos like this that are universally seen as hoaxes can be very interesting to the lay-crypto enthusiast. Because it makes you think about what you and don't know to be true when it comes to a Sasquatch.

Why do I think this is a fake?

1) I think the "creature's" coat is too uniformly quaffed. When it turns to run, that coat swings like Heidi Klum's on a good hair day. Wild creatures have matted and less-uniform coats.

2) The "peeking" gesture this Sasquatch makes does not fall in line with other sightings and sketches...that is to say, that movement is not possible by a creature with significant neck musculature.

3) I don't think a wild animal turns and runs directly away from something that surprises it. That would put its pursuer directly in its blind spot and, with no zig-zagging, would make it prey to a speedier foe. I'm not with the audobon society or anything...but that's just the way I see it.

Now all of these things were things that rang for me when I first watched the video, and some of them are things that I've never really put words to until now. Isn't creating a library of "validity" criteria a huge part of debunking! Hoaxes give you the opportunity to do that in spades!

So thanks jbondo!

And everyone, keep the videos coming...even if they do come from a galaxy far, far away...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join