It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Global Warming", is false.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

the mental energy

I know this is off the charts and off topic....but
An experiment to think about crime reduction was done, alot of people got together and thought about reducing crime, guess what, the crime rate in Washington , DC did reduce.

Could we be causing the heat wave by thinking about it ?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ice sheets melt and then regrow in cycles, cycles that started long before humankind did.

Just becuase an ice sheet on greenland is melting, while, other ice sheets grow is not evidence of "global warming" caused my man. In fact, many places have been cooling down.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
*yawn*

Cite the science...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Global Warming is and idea promoted by the same people that promoted recylcing. Recycle is useless, the propaganda in the 80's was that the trash is going to get all the space and the landfields where gonna get full.
It was a lie. But dumb people buy it. Know is a business of 8 billion dollars a years for useless move of trash. The idea of the trash is gona fill the earth is dumb. Is like the law of physichs that say's the matter can change form but never destroy. So the trash in landfills where things that came from the earth so is never gonna fill any new space , but because the propaganda of the 80's we still recycling things. The only one that benefit are the trash companies with all the contract to move recycle materials and companies that buy the materials that are low cost than new ones.

The only thing I can think of is who is gonna benefit of this global warming? Some new companies that make modifications to industrial machines?

Someone is behind this propaganda. It's going to end with a useless thing like recycling.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by rapture777]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
how is the crop season in greenland these days? i ask as at one time there WAS a decent crop season (back in the middle ages). there is probably global warming but it is part of a huge weather cycle. how long have we had acurate temperature recordings 50 years, even 100 years? well that is just a very small data base to use to cite that we are causeing problems. kinda like takeing a survey of the worst, brokest area in a province/state and saying that the entire state/province is at the same levels. would you consider that good science? i certainly don't.

so untill someone can document the last 2000-3000 years temperatures i might be more prone to accept that they might be right. but as it is now there just isn't enough propper data to back up their claims. we know there have been ice ages in the past, from that we should also keep in mind that there has likely been some "heat ages" as well. now if we can keep well meaning idiots from trying to "fix" it we should be fine.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe there is no such thing as global warming, all I know is you can have some pretty warm weather all the way into December where I live and no one has walked across any lakes around here on ice in atleast 25 years.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Is normal. Is like some dry lake where fill with water, and some deserts was a forest. The earth is always changing. Co2 is a natural gas so the earth is use to it. Fosil fuel are part of earth they just change form and to the earth they are going again. Is just like the cycle of water.

Global warming is just propaganda to make industries change the machinery so things are gona cost more to produce. If this idea continues some one is gonna benefit from it. And those are the one's promoting it. Just like recycling was propaganda from waste disposal companies. Now they make billions out of it. And it was a lie.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This thread, besides having a lack of credible sources (in comparision to what is scientific on the other side of your debate) leads me to question Mr. Boat's motivations.

Boat, you seem to be blinded by the anti-sentiment against Bush. I may be wrong. But either way, your position is suspect. Look at the facts that aren't scientific, which I am an expert on, lol.

1). The population of the planet has never been close to 7 billion before.
2). The amount of fossile fuels we burn to enable such a population is transparent.
3). Carbon is the major factor of higher temperatures.
4). The cattle that we farm for the large populations are at all-time highs. (BTW, scientist recently claimed that the LA smog in california is more from dense cattle farming than the actual cars exhast. Which is because of the large populations.\
5). Take a look at large industry!!!

I realize that this is a waste of time. Anyone one thinks Global warming is false, either two things:

1). Not privvy to the facts of life.
2). On the GOP anti-propaganda team.

I really enjoyed your post on Rove being innocent and the media being guilty.

Boat, it would be cool if you just admitted which one it was... It would be my first debunk!

[edit on 2-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 2-8-2006 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Remember the great "global cooling" crazy that began in the 70's...

Whatever the cause of the cooling trend, its effects could be extremely serious, if not catastrophic.

Scientists figure that only a 1% decrease in the amount of sunlight hitting the earth's surface could tip the climatic balance, and cool the planet enough to send it sliding down the road to another ice age within only a few hundred years.

TIME 1974

The real cycle here is the fact that many on the left, want you to think that the sky is going to fall.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
Remember the great "global cooling" crazy that began in the 70's...

Whatever the cause of the cooling trend, its effects could be extremely serious, if not catastrophic.

Scientists figure that only a 1% decrease in the amount of sunlight hitting the earth's surface could tip the climatic balance, and cool the planet enough to send it sliding down the road to another ice age within only a few hundred years.

TIME 1974

The real cycle here is the fact that many on the left, want you to think that the sky is going to fall.

-- Boat

Come on... You can do better than that. Scientist in the seventies had a fraction of the knowledge on what causes gobal warming as today. Also, global warmimg will eventually cause an ice age. That is the only cycle to speak of... AAC

BTW, Boat, compare the 3000 scientist who support Al Gore's advocacy by saying that they were impressed with hjis level of accuracy on so many subjects... to the GOP's 6 scientists (probably contsituents) that claim otherwise. And their claims are not definitive, their possition is, "We don't know... for sure." THAT IS MALARKY!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I did post better than that...in my first post which you have not addressed.

The fact is, that their is a question as to if humans are really causing any meaningful change in our Earths climate. And people like Al Gore are using it for political gains...

Where was Al Gore and his movie when he was Vice President?

-- Boat

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Remember after the 9/11 attacks all aircraft was grounded for 3 days!!
In that time I heard that scientists got the most accurate readings of air temperature and quality etc since mass air travel was started. Mostly they concluded that unfortunately mass carbon monoxide was heating up the planet but without it the planet would go into a meltdown and just not cope without the heat caused by the pollution and we would go into an ice age. So really we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Simply by sitting here on my butt conversing with you all I'm contributing to this phenonema (gosh is that spelt right).
Cheers
crash

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
I did post better than that...in my first post which you have not addressed.

The fact is, that their is a question as to if humans are really causing any meaningful change in our Earths climate. And people like Al Gore are using it for political gains...

Where was Al Gore and his movie when he was Vice President?

-- Boat

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Boatphone]

I'll tell you where he was... getting pushed away by a republican Congress, which were not about to royally piss off its industrial constituents. Please do some real unbias research and your conclusions will be the same. Better yet, try and watch the movie, most claims are intellectually irrafutable.

Also, it is factual that the ozone layer was partly to mostly created by aerosol. We have almost eliminated the massiveness of that void in a couple decades of prevention and cutback. The bottom line, which you will one day realize is that the bane of our existence is on industry. Industry is a trillion dollar business that will be completley overhauled if action was to be taken.

They (elitist) would rather continue this course until they are ready to exterminate the major populations, then none of this will be an issue. *speaking freely* AAC

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
global warming is a proven fact. you can debate it all you want but surface temps over time prove that the mean surface temp of the earth is increasing & thats what global warming is.

the only corelation between global warming and politics comes if it can be proven that global warming comes from pollution that we didnt legislate (the control of) properly. i believe that to be the case, but my beliefes dont debunk proven scientific facts.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by jprophet420]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have been reading up on this subject extensively over the last couple of years, and I've tried to watch as many programs on television as I could catch concerning Global Warming. In fact I watched one this weekend titled "What You Need To Know About Global Warming". I love nature, so I want to make sure I learn as much as I can,.. and stay open-minded while listening to both sides on the issue. One thing I noted was that every proof they presented that Global Warming was real, was followed by the statement that scientists couldn't be absolutely sure whether human activities were causing it. They cited computer models predicting disaster, but followed by saying that the computers couldn't really be trusted to predict actual events. Scientists were quoted saying things like "the ice sheets are melting", but only the narrator implied that this was because of human-caused Global Warming. Maybe some of the scientists did believe that this was caused by humans, but I didn't hear it come out of their mouths.

They mentioned the Kyoto Protocol and how the U.S. refused to sign,.... but they didn't mention this latest tid-bit about some countries who did sign: "Kyoto promises are nothing but hot air" I made a post about this last month, but it received zero replies on the Environmental forum.

I'm one of those people who love our environment. Like I said, I love nature, and enjoy the outdoors. I don't enjoy breathing smog, or drinking polluted water. I'm actually glad that automakers are developing hybrids and electric cars! I love my muscle car too, but if they find a way to make a powerful/fast hybrid, I'd be all over it. Hell I'll convert my car into a hybrid if that possibility ever arrises. To those of you who'll jump on me for driving a muscle car, relax. I drive it about three-four times a month, maybe 20 miles per trip at the most.

In the 70's, Global Warming hysteria began. In the 80's scientists predicted an Ice Age. In the 90's Global Warming picked up popularity again. Today it is a hot (no pun intended) subject, especially with Al Gore stepping in. Do I believe Global Warming is occuring? It is a possibility. Do I believe Global Warming is caused by humans? I doubt it. As someone already mentioned, the sun has a lot of power over our weather. Solar flares are supposed to pick up in intensity again in the next couple of years. Several Ice Ages have come and gone. It is believed that before every Ice Age, the planet begins warming up more and more, changing ocean currents (which have a LOT of effect on our weather), eventually plunging the planet back into an Ice Age. The Little Ice Age occured when a large freshwater lake spilled into the ocean, changing Ocean currents.

From the study of ancient tree rings, scientists found that hotter weather was experienced by those living in the middle ages than what we are experiencing now. We simply don't have the data to examine whether this is a natural cycle, or human caused.

One thing we have to ask ourselves is; How and why did the other Ice Ages occur? Why was the planet warming so drasticly that it had the power to send the earth into yet another Ice Age?? It could not have been human pollution every single time.

Here is a brief overview of the Ice Age

After this great glaciation, a succession of smaller glaciations has followed, each separated by about 100,000 years from its predecessor, according to changes in the eccentricity of the Earth's orbit (a fact first discovered by the astronomer Johannes Kepler, 1571-1630). These periods of time when large areas of the Earth are covered by ice sheets are called ?ice ages.? The last of the ice ages in human experience (often referred to as the Ice Age) reached its maximum roughly 20,000 years ago, and then gave way to warming. Sea level rose in two major steps, one centered near 14,000 years and the other near 11,500 years. However, between these two periods of rapid melting there was a pause in melting and sea level rise, known as the "Younger Dryas" period. During the Younger Dryas the climate system went back into almost fully glacial conditions, after having offered balmy conditions for more than 1000 years. The reasons for these large swings in climate change are not yet well understood.

Basically no one is sure about anything, but (in my opinion) the Politicians hijacked science in order to further their careers. After all,... we should vote for them, because they care about the environment.
Don't vote for the other guys, because they are evil. They wish to harm the environment, and in turn will harm you and your children. How dare they refuse to sign the Kyoto protocol! They're a danger to the entire world!
There are reasonable expectations, and then there are the expectations of the Kyoto Protocol. My first link in this post illustrates what I mean. Follow the money. I wish Politicians on both sides would stop toying with our insecurities. I've got more, but this post is long enough already.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Of course,

We know that over vast amounts of time the Earth's climate changes. When we are talking about "golbal warming" we are talking about the idea that humans have created it, and it is out of control.

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Global warming means just that…global warming.
If we are talking about Venus’ global warming we are meaning “the idea that humans have created it, and it is out of control?”

If you would actually research the subject instead of finding ways to defend your king you would know this.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes

If you would actually research the subject instead of finding ways to defend your king you would know this.

This best sums up this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What?

Look I posted evidence that goes against the fact that their is some kind of "global warming" crisis going on. It's clean that people like Al Gore are just using this as a means to gain political power.

I'm not doing anything more than pointing this out, if you wan to dispute the fact that in many parts of the world the Earth is growing colder, and that a small part of the ice sheets are melting while others are growing than join in, if not than its clear that you just want to follow the "global doom" crowd and cry about George Bush all day

-- Boat

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
So in the 70's they dindn't have data to predict but in 20 -25 years they recolected data in computers and can predict what takes 100 of 1,000 of years to happen?

How do you know that 100 or 150 years ago the temperature where less or more than today was in the same date?

The siencetist don't know. Is like huricanes, they can't predict them correctly because only recent data has been colected.

Global warming is propaganda. The world is always changing. Co2 is part of the earth and some time it was gas and the trees put it back to earth. The fosil fuel where once a forest, we burn it, it go back to earth in the trees. Is a natural cycle. Just like water go from solid to gas to liquid. Co2 dindn't came from space. It was already here. Is basic physics. You can't destroy matter, just change is form but not destroy it. Earth has more water than earth. So most space have air than co2 from fosil. By the time we burn it the trees and plant will consume it. Do you think the earth is not balance? All thing in this earth have been here. CO2 dindn't appear by magic.
Why don't they study if maybe this year the orbit of the earth got closer to the sun than other years? Or do you think the earth is in a railway around the sun? hahaha

This is going the same way the recycle propaganda was, that all the earth was going to be fill with trash
Now some trash companies are making billions and companies are getting cheaper materials, and all from the tax payers money.

But hey you are "saving the planet"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join