It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censure Israel now!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Brussels Tribunal

The killing of 56 Lebanese civilians in Qana is a war crime.

The veto system in the UN Security Council is bankrupt. The Council is complicit with war crimes in failing again to maintain peace and security.

The UN General Assembly can and must act to stop the killing by ending Israel’s state of exception to international law.

The BRussells Tribunal condemns the State of Israel for its barbaric killing of 56 Lebanese civilians, including many children, in Qana. 750 Lebanese have been killed since Israel began its military campaign three weeks ago.

Israel’s offensive on the sovereign state of Lebanon is a clear act of aggression under international law and is a supreme crime against peace. The indiscriminate mass killing of civilians also constitutes collective punishment, another imputable crime under international law.

The United States stands accused alongside Israel. It has rushed massive arms deliveries to Israel. Again, it has proven its partiality in the UN Security Council, vetoing all moves towards an immediate ceasefire.

The United States and Israel are acting as one. The illegal pre-emptive war on Iraq was prelude and made possible Israel’s campaign of aggression on Lebanon. No solution to this crisis can be forthcoming unless the United States is isolated and equally condemned by the international community.

Force cannot justify what law denies. Israel’s continued war crimes, which are a staple of its foreign policy and occupation of Palestine, constitute the gravest threat to international peace in decades.

The BRussells Tribunal opposes all rhetoric of a “greater” or “New Middle East” and condemns the use of this phrase to sanction continued killing in Lebanon and Gaza.

I wonder how much Power does Brussels Tribunal actually have against the influence and might of USA and Israel combined - along with all those pro-war anti-muslim lobbies from all over the planet.

Actually if you ask me - they do not have much power at all.

I guess that United Nations are only listened to, when they speak against Iran or North Korea or some of the Terrible Axis-of-Eyweel.

Pathetic display of so-called International Community.

[edit on 2/8/06 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Will you censure acts of terrorism commited by Hizbollah and other armed militias?

Will you also censure Lebanon for failing to uphold UN Security Council Resolution 1559?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Souljah this is like asking UN to sanction US for invading Iraq. We did the same thing invaded a sovereign country on false pretenses because our Administration could not wait to verify intelligence reports.

With the mighty US backing Israel and Israel power lobbyist in Washington is never going to happen.

BTW who is making sure Israel keep up with its resoulutions too . . .

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Once again you are only seeing one side of the coin. Hezbollah has attacked Israeli civilians for countless years and now Israel is responding. The lebonese harbor these terrorists. If they simply turned them over that would speak greatly about what they really think of these people of course its hard to do that when you actually sympathise with their cause

I would just like to point out that these muslim groups in the middle east are not dedicated to peace but war.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Will you censure acts of terrorism commited by Hizbollah and other armed militias?

EAXACTLY! they are just as guilty for provoking the situation! CENSURE ALL OF THEM OR NONE AT ALL!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thats because Hezbo is no different than Al-Queda, Hamas, Islmaic Jihad, etc. They including Iran and Syria's leaders are just complete imbocile punks. Total cowards who do nothing but run their mouths and back nothing up.

Mr. Hezbo leader: Where is this "phase 2" of the war you so boldly claimed last week? Looks to me like yor boys are getting slaughtered and if this is phase 2 of your grand scheme, i cant wait to see phase 3 LOL.

Boycott ARABS

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Nerdling You want the Resolutions against ISRAEL yet again?

UN Resolutions Against Israel, 1955-1992

1. Resolution 106: "...‘condemns’ Israel for Gaza raid"
2. Resolution 111: "...‘condemns’ Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people"
3. Resolution 127: "...‘recommends’ Israel suspend its ‘no-man’s zone’ in Jerusalem"
4. Resolution 162: "...‘urges’ Israel to comply with UN decisions"
5. Resolution 171: "...determines flagrant violations’ by Israel in its attack on Syria"
6. Resolution 228: "...‘censures’ Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control"
7. Resolution 237: "...‘urges’ Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees"
8. Resolution 248: "...‘condemns’ Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan"
9. Resolution 250: "...‘calls’ on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem"
10. Resolution 251: "...‘deeply deplores’ Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250"
11. Resolution 252: "...‘declares invalid’ Israel’s acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital"
12. Resolution 256: "...‘condemns’ Israeli raids on Jordan as ‘flagrant violation"
13. Resolution 259: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation"
14. Resolution 262: "...‘condemns’ Israel for attack on Beirut airport"
15. Resolution 265: "...‘condemns’ Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan"
16. Resolution 267: "...‘censures’ Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem"
17. Resolution 270: "...‘condemns’ Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon"
18. Resolution 271: "...‘condemns’ Israel’s failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem"
19. Resolution 279: "...‘demands’ withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon"
20. Resolution 280: "....‘condemns’ Israeli’s attacks against Lebanon"
21. Resolution 285: "...‘demands’ immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon"
22. Resolution 298: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s changing of the status of Jerusalem"
23. Resolution 313: "...‘demands’ that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon"
24. Resolution 316: "...‘condemns’ Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon"
25. Resolution 317: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon"
26. Resolution 332: "...‘condemns’ Israel’s repeated attacks against Lebanon"
27. Resolution 337: "...‘condemns’ Israel for violating Lebanon’s sovereignty"
28. Resolution 347: "...‘condemns’ Israeli attacks on Lebanon"
29. Resolution 425: "...‘calls’ on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon"
30. Resolution 427: "...‘calls’ on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon’
31. Resolution 444: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces"
32. Resolution 446: "...‘determines’ that Israeli settlements are a ‘serious obstruction’ to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention"
33. Resolution 450: "...‘calls’ on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon"
34. Resolution 452: "...‘calls’ on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories"
35. Resolution 465: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s settlements and asks all member states not to assist Israel’s settlements program"
36. Resolution 467: "...‘strongly deplores’ Israel’s military intervention in Lebanon"
37. Resolution 468: "...‘calls’ on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return"
38. Resolution 469: "...‘strongly deplores’ Israel’s failure to observe the council’s order not to deport Palestinians"
39. Resolution 471: "...‘expresses deep concern’ at Israel’s failure to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention"
40. Resolution 476: "...‘reiterates’ that Israel’s claims to Jerusalem are ‘null and void’
41. Resolution 478: "...‘censures (Israel) in the strongest terms’ for its claim to Jerusalem in its ‘Basic Law’
42. Resolution 484: "...‘declares it imperative’ that Israel re-admit two deported Palestinian mayors"
43. Resolution 487: "...‘strongly condemns’ Israel for its attack on Iraq’s nuclear facility"
44. Resolution 497: "...‘decides’ that Israel’s annexation of Syria’s Golan Heights is ‘null and void’ and demands that Israel rescind its decision forthwith"
45. Resolution 498: "...‘calls’ on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon"
46. Resolution 501: "...‘calls’ on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops"
47. Resolution 509: "...‘demands’ that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon"
48. Resolution 515: "...‘demands’ that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow food supplies to be brought in"
49. Resolution 517: "...‘censures’ Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon"
50. Resolution 518: "...‘demands’ that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon"
51. Resolution 520: "...‘condemns’ Israel’s attack into West Beirut"
52. Resolution 573: "...‘condemns’ Israel ‘vigorously’ for bombing Tunisia in attack on PLO headquarters
53. Resolution 587: "...‘takes note’ of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw"
54. Resolution 592: "...‘strongly deplores’ the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops"
55. Resolution 605: "...‘strongly deplores’ Israel’s policies and practices denying the human rights of Palestinians
56. Resolution 607: "...‘calls’ on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention
57. Resolution 608: "...‘deeply regrets’ that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians"
58. Resolution 636: "...‘deeply regrets’ Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians
59. Resolution 641: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s continuing deportation of Palestinians
60. Resolution 672: "...‘condemns’ Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount
61. Resolution 673: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s refusal to cooperate with the United Nations
62. Resolution 681: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s resumption of the deportation of Palestinians
63. Resolution 694: "...‘deplores’ Israel’s deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return
64. Resolution 726: "...‘strongly condemns’ Israel’s deportation of Palestinians
65. Resolution 799: "...‘strongly condemns’ Israel’s deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.

With this kind of Actions, Israel CREATED Hizb'Allah.

And Hamas.

And PLO.

EITHER International Laws work for ALL SIDES - or for NO-ONE.

Plain and Simple.

But I guess let's just Increase the Hypocrisy, ey?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well I was asking you if you would censure them. After all, it was you that started this thread.

Funny how you scream about hypocrisy but fail to actually answer my question.

So once again,

Will you censure Lebanon for ignoring that resolution?

Will you censure the behaviour of armed militas operating inside Lebanon?

Will you censure Syria and Iran for supplying these militias with weapons?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wow, that's quite a list of resolutions the Israeli's seem to have just plain flat out ignored......leads one to believe it useless to put out another one

Hey, Saddam had a whole bunch of resolutions, he ignored them too!

Once again, in war, it's the guy with the biggest guns that wins, and in this case, ain't nobody can stop the Israeli's 'cept maybe the stinkin' rotten no good low life Americans
........ and we don't appear to be too intent on doing that anytime soon.

Maybe Hezbollah, Hamas, the PLO, Al-Queda, and the likes should just put up the surrender flag before they're all killed....no wait, they have jihad on their mind, well guess what, sometimes you pizz people off they fight back.

.02 pfenning from smoken

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

As far as I know this is an alleged war againts Hizb'Allah - not Lebanon.

I guess I was mistaken.

Will you censure the behaviour of armed militas operating inside Lebanon?

Cute.

Israel Created Hizb'Allah with their Actions in Souther Lebanon in 1982.

Remember those?

I guess not.

Who will Censure Israel and United States for breaking numerous International Laws?

I guess No-Body.

Yet again, the finger is pointed at typical Terror Reigmes - while other are ignored.

As far as I can see, Terrorism is limited Only to Muslims in Your eyes and in the eyes of many, MANY members here. Funny thing is, that Terrorism is the Weapon of the Strong, not the Weak.

But let's ingore that also.

Funny how UN laws can be used against Iran and Syria - but GODFORBID if they should also apply to Israel and their bed-buddies United States.

As I said:

EITHER EVERYBODY OBEYS THE LAW -OR NO-ONE WILL!

Simple logic really.

What if Cops would not care for the Laws they are supposed to Protect and Enforce.

Would you still support them?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Well I was asking you if you would censure them. After all, it was you that started this thread.

That is the problem I finding whenever a thread start that points to Israel in debatable way . . .

I am going to play the devils advocate here and I hold not grudge to any body including you Nerdling for asking questions. . .

But I see the whole issue of who can be accountable for deaths or not, or who has the right to invade or not and for what reasons as mere big hypocrisy . . .

On this I will answer yes . . . but remember that the war is been fought against hezbollah . . . with the major casualties in the Lebanese people . . . does that makes it OK . . .

Will you censure the behavior of armed militas operating inside Lebanon?

Yes I will . . . but will you censure the people of Lebanon or the people in Palestine for giving power to the same groups that are tagged terrorist by US and Israel . . .

Doesn't our country Spread of freedom and Democracy gives the right to any country to chose the governments they want as to stop communism and dictatorship.

Or that only works for countries that US approve including the elected officials.

Has anybody forgotten that Hezbollah is part of the Government in Lebanon a government that US finds Democratically elected and supported.

Again doesn't people see the Hypocrisy?

No more that US supplying the weapons to Israel that are killing the Lebanese, children, woman and civilian population . . .

It seems that Rather US lobbying for peace and negotiations we are encouraging death and wars . . .

It makes our country look like they careless of the people in the middle east and their struggles as long as in not in the Israeli side.

Again doesn't people see the hypocrisy and double standards.

I do.

This are my opinions and my alone.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why even reply to this guy, he has no understanding of the world around him, just a one sided view and a agenda to fulfil by spewing his propaganda.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"Well I was asking you if you would censure them. After all, it was you that started this thread.

So once again,

Will you censure the behavior of armed militias operating inside Lebanon?

Will you censure Syria and Iran for supplying these militias with weapons?"

Darn You Nerdling-STOP IT!

You are being logical/reasonable and looking at both sides of the issue, asking for members, or a specific member-to think about BOTH sides for actions or inactions.

I did notice that "that" member did not answer any of your questions-either time you posted them-well, seeing his posts-this does not surprise me at all

Since he would not, I will.

"Will you censure Lebanon for ignoring that resolution?”
IMO, only if you censure Hamas/Hezbollah/and ALL the Muslim terrorists groups operating in the area, and this is unlikely at best.

"Will you censure the behavior of armed militias operating inside Lebanon?”
IMO, the only way to do that will be to have ground troops enforce it-whether it is Israeli/UN/NATO or whomever.
Frankly I don't see anyone country or group of countries willing to put troops on the ground to achieve this-but yes it should be done.

"Will you censure Syria and Iran for supplying these militias with weapons?"
That would take members of the Security Council to do.
We all have seen that Russia and China will veto anything against their "boys" Iran and Syria.
Heck, we even know that Russia is supplying weapons and missiles to Syria and nuclear tech to Iran-idiots
The real answer is should they, yes, will they no.

[edit on 8/2/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
"Well I was asking you if you would censure them. After all, it was you that started this thread.

So once again,

Will you censure the behavior of armed militias operating inside Lebanon?

Will you censure Syria and Iran for supplying these militias with weapons?"

I would say to censure Lebanon for her past ignorance of that 1 resolution if Israel were held accountable for any and all past resolutions and condemnations. We are talking about the here and now and about death of innocent civilians not a single resolution that wasn't able to have been fulfilled. If Israel were to be held accountable for past regressions she'd be sunk. If Israel is having a hard time shedding themselves of Hizbollah, it laughable to think Lebanons regular army could.

I think its about time Israel be held responsible for her actions and the true face be shown to the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Souljah has now been listed in your black book of ppl who hate Israel.

nuff said!!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu
Souljah has now been listed in your black book of ppl who hate Israel.

nuff said!!

...I will just let You Suffer INTERNALLY.

Vaya Con Dios.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Chill out folks. Post to the topic.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I dont think it's beyond contemplation to censure Hezbollah for acts of terrorism Souljah. Launching rockets blind into Israeli villages is not a legitimate use of force or resistance. You have to admit that some of the actions of Hezbollah are not legitimate to their cause.

But as far as Hezbollah disarming is concerned, the UN resolution asking them to disband is pretty much based on a false assumption. An assumption that Lebanese land is no longer occupied, that is false. The Shebaa farms are part of Lebanon, not Syria, as confirmed by Israeli scholar Asher Kaufman from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

The Age: Long-forgotten papers may offer a new road map for peace
Kaufman, who bears a slight physical resemblance to Indiana Jones, discovered a set of papers from the French mandate era from 1920 to 1941 that show that French officials in the 1930s had accidentally put the Shebaa Farms in Syria.

The papers reveal that the officials realised their error and wanted to correct the maps, which had been drawn without surveyors or cartographic equipment, but the mistake was never fixed.

Until the Shebaa farms are back in Lebanese control, not Israeli annexation, Hezbollah is not compelled to disarm. If after the Shebaa farms are returned Hezbollah continues to maintain its arms then it will be in breach of the UN resolution.

But back to Israel's continued breaches of UN resolutions and international law, it cannot be argued that they are not in breach. The UN resolution that created both Israel and Palestine has been breached by the continued occupation of Palestine and the annexation of all of Jerusalem by Israel.

Until Israel withdraws from all the Occupied Territories and dismantles all of its illegal settlements there will be no peace for Israel unfortunately. The old rationale for occupation no longer exists with neighbours Jordan and Egypt both having peace treaties with Israel and diplomatic contacts.

Israel should do the right thing and adhere to the UN resolution that created it. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia reiterated his pledge to formally recognize Israel if and when it returns to its pre-1967 borders and allows the formation of a sovereign Palestine.

Let's hope the renewed international pressure on Israel can force this outcome instead of being doomed to repeat this deadly broken record of tit for tat carnage.

[edit on 2/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If you are aware of the 65 resolutions that Israel has already ignored, what in your right mind would make you think that a censure would make a damn bit of difference?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Personally i think that the US, Israel, and Lebanon should be Censured.

And its not quite as black and white as "turning over" the terrorists.
Hezbollah may use terror tactics, but it is primarily a member of parliament, and a charity fund second. It happens to have a military wing aswell.

That is rather hard for americans to understand as their system isnt structured to allow more than one governing body in at once, the US people have to chose to have one and only one government in power. Parliaments dont work that way.
Sure, the lebanon government has majority vote, but hezbollah still has seats.

It would be pretty easy to oust hezbollah with a vote of no confidence. But too many lebaneze civillians and members of parliament back hezbollah for that to pass.

To call hezbollah a terrorist organization, you would then have to label the military of every government that has ever attacked another country a terrorist organization.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join