It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC News Article Proof That PM Blair Exaggerates?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is a BBC news article on a speech Prime Minister Tony Blair gave in the United States relating to an 'arc of extremism' that spans the Middle East. Of which Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran and Syria are benefactors.

Now I might be being pedantic here but this article contains a sense of criticism that you rarely see in BBC news articles. I'll let you be the judge:

news.bbc.co.uk...
"Suddenly, without warning, Hezbollah who have been continuing to operate in Southern Lebanon for two years in defiance of UN Resolution 1559, cross the UN blue line, kill eight Israeli soldiers and kidnap two more. They then fire rockets indiscriminately at the civilian population in Northern Israel," he said.

(In fact, four of the Israeli soldiers were killed in south Lebanon after crossing over in pursuit of their missing comrades).

news.bbc.co.uk...
"Hezbollah gets their weapons from Iran. Iran are now also financing militant elements in Hamas. Iran's president has called for Israel to be 'wiped off the map'. And he's trying to acquire a nuclear weapon."

The phrase "wiped off the map" has been challenged as to whether it should be taken entirely literally, though it does express President Ahmedinejad's hostility to Israel as a state. And Mr Blair's claim that Iran is "trying to acquire a nuclear weapon" goes beyond what the International Atomic Energy Agency has reported and what Iran has said. But the thrust of his remarks is clear.

Instead of focusing on what Tony Blair said in the speech the BBC's Paul Reynolds has directly contradicted what he said in the speech. Given that Tony Blair is the British Prime Minister and a BBC news article is for all intents and purposes calling him a liar, what does that bode for Tony Blair's position of power in Britain? Tenuous?

I found it interesting any way

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have heard that the BBC is not the most professional news org. on the planet, so I think I'd weigh that in. Plus, this "critcism" of Blair is nothing compared to what Bush puts up with from the MSM in the US on a daily basis, so if he can't take that little bit of heat, he'd better get out of the kitchen.

I wouldn't call it "proof" of anything, except of a recalcitrant reporter.

But I suspect Blair is tougher than many think, underneath that polished exterior.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

BBC is not the most professional news org. on the planet

The BBC Is one of the most biased News Station in the world, It even beats FOX's News, and yes We have to pay for a state owned news station that sends out biased reports all the time....

But I suspect Blair is tougher than many think, underneath that polished exterior.

When Blairs is backed in to a corner, he comes out fighting an usually wins, he can be a real tough cookie when he want to be...

But The BBC has always been guilty of slaggin off all political parties, so it is not just blair who gets it other politicians get it from the BBC all the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
He's only pushing the clash of civilisation theory for the neo-cons benifits. That's his only role until they invade Syria and bomb Iran.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with it.

Oh, and its a feature, not a news article.

top topics

join