It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newton set 2060 for end of world!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Sir Isaac Newton, Britain’s greatest scientist, predicted the date of the end of the world in 2060, just 54 years away! That is if we survive 2012!

His theories about Armageddon have been unearthed by academics from little known handwritten manuscripts in a library in Jerusalem.
The thousands of pages show Newton’s attempts to decode the Bible, which he believed contained God’s secret laws for the universe.
Newton, who was also a theologian and alchemist, predicted that the Second Coming of Christ would follow plagues and war and would precede a 1,000-year reign by the saints on earth — of which he would be one.
The most definitive date he set for the apocalypse, which he scribbled on a scrap of paper, was 2060.
Newton’s fascination with the end of the world, which has been researched by a Canadian academic, Stephen Snobelen, is to be explored in a documentary, Newton: the Dark Heretic, on BBC2.
“What has been coming out over the past 10 years is what an apocalyptic thinkers Newton was,” Malcolm Neaum, the producer, said.
“He spent something like 50 years and wrote 4,500 pages trying to predict when the end of the world was coming. But until now it was not known that he ever wrote down a final figure. He was very reluctant to do so.”

So do you believe the Mayas or Isaac Newton? I would like to believe the latter, as I'd be long gone by then anyway!!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So much is based on Mr. Newton as such, I definitely also agree!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i just watched a whole special on this on the history channel. basically the guy was brilliant, but a bit obssesed with alchemy and religion. we dont know for sure if the prediction actually was his final one because it was just found scribbled inside of his notes like off in the corner somewhere. it wasnt labeled or anything. thats basically what the documentary on the history channel was trying to make people understand. however, considering he didnt get the idea of how gravity works outside of our plant right, (einstein cleared that one up
) i wouldnt put too much stock into this predicition. people have known about this for awhile, and if you have ever read anything about is obsessions with alchemy and religion it would probably creep you out lol. just another man trying to know the fate of the world.

one unique thing i would like to add though, isnt it intersting that he predicted the end so far away from his time. most people when predicting it somehow make it fit within their lifetime so they can be apart of it. that is one this i did find interesting about newtons prediction.

kind regards,
digitalgrl

join