It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI covering up confirmed alien signals?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why isnt this stupid troll banned go and play in a large forest fire you sad person

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Greetings!
Wasn't SETI originally set up by NASA? And we all know how open and honest they are! This operation to listen for ET signals has been going for 50 years I hear and they have only ever found 1 WOW! signal that "never reappeared". I've also seen Seth Shostak on many Discovery Channel programmes and he always denies that they have heard alien signals but it is the nonchalont slightly amused way he denies it that gets my suspitions going. I'm a conspiracy theorist and so I'm naturally suspicious of bodies such as SETI but I would imagine that the decision to announce would not be theirs to take and that there will definately be protocols in place if an intelligent signal was intercepted. I'm also starting to lean towards the assumption that any intelligent aliens would study us in detail BEFORE they considered contacting us. I mean look at us! We are warped to say the least! What would a more advanced civilisation possibly gain by contacting a planet full of barbarians?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Very plausible, However ask yourself this, Would SETI really cover something like this up?also, WHY?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
SETI found something and then denied it, hardly.
More likely started a rumour to keep peoples interest in the company. How can they keep funding coming in if they dont "find" something....ever.
Use to have an interest in SETI once but they have become a joke.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ridcully

Yes SETI is not a govt run operation it is run by academi types so I dont think they would hide anything I dont trust anything run by the govt aka obama, MSNBC or congress.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ridcully

I think we need more information before we jump to any conclusions.We all need to get the facts before we can make or before we say if they are covering up things.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's really sad but joining up to the SETI at home program was one of the first things I did when my family got on the internet. I downloaded the screensaver and would sit and watch as the signals came up on the screen. I've no idea what I was looking for but the concept was so exciting.

As I'm now older, I find it hard to believe that with the huge publicity SETI gets and the fact that they do accept massive donations from independant parties, they could never be totally honest, as those contributions effectively give those individuals a say in how things go. I'd be happier if it was a totally self-funded organisation that could easily sustain itself and answered to nobody. Then we'd see results!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just to give my take on the SETI band wagon, I find it completely unbelievable that SETI have pointed receivers up into the cosmos for 50 years not received one signal, absolutely definitely for me unbelievable.

I think it is a complete scam and a cover for bigger and better things.

I'm struggling to see how SETI say that the signal will be constant with Doplar shift when radio signals are reflected by space time therefore surely the signal would come in as a broken signal.

I know I was banned from the SETI website after classifying over 3000 near earth objects and then questioning that they were lying to the public in a none aggressive manner, they didn't just answer my questions and put my mind at rest they banned me without any explanation.

So sorry for being a little lost for faith in SETI but they kind of brought it on themselves by their reaction to questions I asked.

I would really love for my thoughts to be wrong and SETI really have not received any signals but like others I think other organizations have stepped in and stopped them from releasing the information for power and control of the masses.

Once we know the truth everything as we know it will change in a split second when reality hits home and we find out the truth about whats really going on.

Most of these organizations have so much to loose by disclosing the truth, some have even been threatened with termination and family member threatened which is a dam shame.

One day we will all know the truth and karma is a b**ch as some say...I just hope that I see the people who kept such secrets from the masses know what it feels like to be someones slave in their prison cell while we all go out and travel amongst the stars...

Chin up and good hunting and we are all in this together...the people not the elite...

Kind Regards

Jon Doe

edit on 24-8-2012 by jond0e because: Fix Spelling mistake

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
HUH?
THEY put a stop to Seti long ago.
the only work your computer does
is government work. and Not finding aliens.

do you really believe that the Gov would let them
do any kind of alien work in public?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join