It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storing weapons in residential houses doesn't make sense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Personally, I find it very remarkable that the Israeli intelligence agency hasn't been able to infiltrate Hezbollah, which we can conclude from their lack of knowledge of Hezbollah's surprising weaponry (e.g. the average range missiles), and their overall strength. But apparently the Mossad is exactly informed in which house, mosque, ambulance, trucks, and so on, Hezbollah weapons are being transported/stored secretly.

Lately, I watched a documentary on CNN, in which a (Western) Hezbollah expert, whom studied Hezbollah for more than a decennia, was interviewed. This man said it's ridiculous to suggest Hezbollah stores its weapons in residential houses.

The reason for this, is that Hezbollah wants to keep its social operations fully separated from their military operations, in order to avoid getting infiltrated by intelligence agency units, which I find to be a very logical explanation. The more people know their activities and weaponry, the bigger the chance of getting infiltrated.

Besides, why should you take the risk of losing expensive missiles by Israeli bombardments on populated areas, while you can easily hide them underground where they are much saver. How much time would it cost to dig a hole for missile storage? This simple concept is even used by hunters in the States to store ammo.

Last, have we seen any evidence up till now that Hezbollah actually stores its weapons in civilian houses, apart from the Israeli claim? Right, we have not.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Too bad reality is just the opposite of what you say.

There was a post, in will search for it, where over half a dozen articles shopw how hezbolla DOES hid it's men/weapons/missles in Civilian homes/busness's/apartments.

I will edit and update when I find that post-BTWit was not my post!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
BTW, here is a few pics showing Hezbolla not in ANY uniform, but in civilian clothers so they can cowardly hid behind women and children.

www.news.com.au...

This is not the articles I was talking about, but just some

A Pic is worth a thousand words.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Where do you think they are being stored?

My guess would be homes, businesses, tunnels. Mosques.
Maybe Arafats prepaid storage unit?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Too bad reality is just the opposite of what you say.

You are accusing me of saying this, which is wrong. I always try to be objective as possible, and the theory by a third party (the researcher) is ought to be objective. He wouldn't have any benefit to protect Hezbollah, would he?

As I said this theory makes to me much sense. It's a logic clarification. But you disagree, then please elaborate why, rather than just yelling around.

Explain me the following
I. Why would Hezbollah store its weapons in residential houses rather than in underground holes, which are easy to construct, and where the weaponry is much more protected against Israeli air raids.

II. Why was Israel not aware of Hezbollah's weaponry, but do they exactly know they hide their missiles in residential houses?

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
BTW, here is a few pics showing Hezbolla not in ANY uniform, but in civilian clothers so they can cowardly hid behind women and children.

www.news.com.au...

This is not the articles I was talking about, but just some

Completely offtopic... I actually don't see any missiles stored in one of the apartments , do you? Oh, and as you said the pictures have been discussed before.

However, I agree it makes it relatively easy when not wearing uniforms to hide among the civilian population. Another reason I think, is that they don't want to spend any money on uniforms with a low budget like they have.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why would Hezbo store missles in peoples homes? Easy: Because they are cowards as are all terrorists. They know that by dragging civilians into their cowardly game then they can use casualties to change public opinion of the Israeli's. Its just sad that there are too many people who actually buy into that.

Boycott ARABS

[edit on 2-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Explain me the following
I. Why would Hezbollah store its weapons in residential houses rather than in underground holes, which are easy to construct, and where the weaponry is much more protected against Israeli air raids.

Because storing weapons in holes in the ground exposes them to the elements (bad) and you also have to hide the launchers. All that excavatiing is bound to attract attention. Plus they are out in the open, subject to accidental discovery. And they are typically good for one time only.

They are not protected from Israeli air raids, tho. The Israelis now have bunker buster bombs which can easily destroy them.

II. Why was Israel not aware of Hezbollah's weaponry, but do they exactly know they hide their missiles in residential houses?

That's a good question. Mossad got caught with their pants down here; they badly underestimated Hezbollah's capabilities.

However, I agree it makes it relatively easy when not wearing uniforms to hide among the civilian population. Another reason I think, is that they don't want to spend any money on uniforms with a low budget like they have.

The uniforms don't have to be fancy. They seem to have enough to spend on their black head-to-toe dress that they wear in their parades.

Just something to differentiate them from the civilians, is all we ask.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Just something to differentiate them from the civilians, is all we ask.

You have just summed up every cowardly terroist in the arab world.

They do not want to differentiated from the civilians then they would have actually FIGHT because they would be recognized as a SOLDIER.

It is much easier to look like a civi and hijack an airplane, or lob rockets and hid in a school, or strap a bomb to a 12 year old girl in civis.

No pride, no honor, no loyality, no trustworkthy-ness - just plain old fashioned end of the day COWARDICE!!!!!

But what do you expect from a bunch of terrorists?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its not like weapons have not been hid in homes, religes buildings, or worse of all, buildings marked with the Red Cross.

Yes weapons could be hid in holes in the ground. I read a while back that Hezbollah has about forty thousand missles. That would require a lot of pretty good size holes. To construct holes like that could not be done in secrete. So if they exist you would think Isreal would know about them. If they do exist and Isreal does not know about them then I will loose an awfull lot of respect that I once had for the Mossad.

Even if they are being hid in a home and they know which one it is they half to hit the right building. From what I have read the missles are being launched from towns, so then Isreal comes back with an attack and destroys part or all of the town.

If the missles were being hidden in a hole some where out side of towns why not launch them some distance away from the towns also?

Conclusioin, Hezbollah does not care about the people of Lebonan.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm waiting the moment when USA will be invaded by a foreigner and we will threat resistants as ``cowards`` hiding among the civilians. It will be so ironic, what a lot of people here seems to say Hezbollah are cowards, terrorists. China and Russia, when they'll invade USA will say the same thing to the world about americans militia who tries to fight for the liberty, agression and sovergnity of their country because they tried to capture china military mens to exchange for prisonners that consist of women, children and old people.

You'll see when the time will come, if he ever come. When you'll be in their position, as a lot of americans lack of, empathy.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Your analogy falls apart because Lebanon is not the native home of the Hezbollah. And if the US were ever invaded (highly unlikely, due to our geographical location), I would glady wear a makeshift uniform of a shirt fashioned out of a flag to identify myself as I kicked the invader's butts back onto the boats they rowed up in.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sorry but the Hezbollah was created during the Israëli occupation of Lebanon in the 80s. So it's indeed the native home of the hezbollah. Even if they were funded by Syria and Iran, they were created in Lebanon, mostly consist of Lebanon people, have sieges in the parlement, so it's their native home. A lot of people support them, not only in Lebanon but in others countries, also it's not just arabs or terrorists who supports hezbollah but people of all colors and all religions because people are tired of the Israëli/USA imperialism and bloodthirsty foreign policies.

And for the uniform part, i don't think you would wear a makeshift uniform when they bomb everyone with a resistance sign on them. You would hide how you can and when you can. Because in situation like this, you don't care how you hide, the important part his the longer you stay alive, the most enemies you can kill.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
China and Russia, when they'll invade USA will say the same thing to the world about americans militia who tries to fight for the liberty, agression and sovergnity of their country because they tried to capture china military mens to exchange for prisonners that consist of women, children and old people.

Actually when the US is invaded there will probably be no real press relise because the free world will have been or is in the prosess of being destroyed. So the invaders will just make press relisess saying how victorious they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
im sorry folks, but i have to disagree with several of you about cowardice.

hezbollah is a terrorist organization, and wish to attack civilians to instill that terror, and use lebanese civilians as "human shields" in order to up the death count in their favor (ie make israel look bloodthirsty).......but they are anything but cowards. anyone who goes up against the most heavily armed country in the region knowing full well that there is a 50/50 chance that they will not survive the encounter is no coward in my book. they are very very misguided by their religious leaders, who are using them as pawns in the greater scheme of things, but they are not cowards.

dont get me wrong, i in no way agree with any organization that intentionally targets civilians in order to fulfill their goals, but i also respect the fact that they are quite willing to die for what they believe.....however wrong that belief may be. terrorists? yes. cowards? no.

just my two cents worth.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You seems to say that without the USA, the world is not free? That the USA are the most free country in the world? That it helps democracy? You believe that? Really?

If the USA could give back the civil rights to the american people, it would be a great forward step. After this, cut a huge portion of the Israël funding. Stop foreign policies that consists of playing in others backyard. And stop making nukes and weapons. Kill the war industry, jail religious extremists and neo-nazis. Unplug Fox News and SkyNews. Do a major reform of the other medias. Provide help to country who really deserve it as Rwanda needed it during their genocide.

Things like that.

snafu, Israël also target civilians to instaure fear and to make policies change, and that it's terrorism by you're own definition.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

jail religious extremists and neo-nazis.

freedom of speach means letting everyone, regardless of how misguided they are, speak their mind. you are saying that only those most deserving of freedom should have it....well, who gets to decide that?

Unplug Fox News and SkyNews. Do a major reform of the other medias.

you mean like stalin and hitler reformed their press?

Provide help to country who really deserve it as Rwanda needed it during their genocide.

we have....somalia, 1993. the world laughed when we got decimated by the same people we were trying to help.

snafu, Israël also target civilians to instaure fear and to make policies change, and that it's terrorism by you're own definition.

got some proof of that? you mean they target civilians like those who carry ak47s while wearing bluejeans and tshirts instead of uniforms, or like those who wear suits and ties and claim to be legitimate hamas or hizbollah politicians while they order the guys with ak's to go and kill civilians?

[edit on 2-8-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

freedom of speach means letting everyone, regardless of how misguided they are, speak their mind. you are saying that only those most deserving of freedom should have it....well, who gets to decide that?
You're right, even if they are in the wrong direction, they have the right of free speech.

you mean like stalin and hitler reformed their press?
Of course not. But to have a certain degree of objectivity and to not let owners of press be in the hands of all the same people so they can influence almost everyone in their own view. Look what the israeli press is trying to do, convince the people that they need a war with Syria and Iran for the stability. Link

we have....somalia, 1993. the world laughed when we got decimated by the same people we were trying to help.
Since when USA bother about what the world think of them?

got some proof of that? you mean they target civilians like those who carry ak47s while wearing bluejeans and tshirts instead of uniforms, or like those who wear suits and ties and claim to be legitimate hamas or hizbollah politicians while they order the guys with ak's to go and kill civilians?

Also, they are using chemicals and AU munitions and bombs against Lebanon as US used them in Iraq and those have effects on populations for billions of year because the half-life of uranium 235, which is use in UA munitions is near 2.5 billions year. Cancers and those disease will increase in those countries for the years to come, you'll see. So my point is even if they don't target civilian now, all they are doing now will be an attack on civilians health forever.

There's a few proofs where they bombed civilians by purpose. Qana V2.0, UN post, a few others. I can't get the link so i won't say it but i saw that they admitted targetting civilians to push lebanon government to do something against hezbollah.

Anyway, it's clear that the goal of Israël is not disarming hezbollah or something like that but to occupy and annex south lebanon up to the litani river.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Look what the israeli press is trying to do, convince the people that they need a war with Syria and Iran for the stability.

and you dont see any of that on arab television, huh? hizbollah doesnt have their own tv station sprouting out propaganda? al jazeera always gives a unbiased report of the situation, right? please.

Since when USA bother about what the world think of them?

lmao.....you tried to say that we never use our power to help other countries, and i was using somalia to prove that you are wrong. trying to make it personal will not help your argument.

There's a few proofs where they bombed civilians by purpose. Qana V2.0, UN post, a few others.

yeah, i'm so sure that israel really wanted to kill 20 kids.....they did it to increase the worlds respect for them right? come on man, use your head. an intentional attack on this magnitude would be shooting yourself in the foot....unless of course it came from hizbollah....then it would be ok, right?

I can't get the link so i won't say it but i saw that they admitted targetting civilians to push lebanon government to do something against hezbollah.

ok, with that comment i will just go ahead and call you a liar. if they had indeed said that, it would have been on the front page of every paper in the world. try again.

Anyway, it's clear that the goal of Israël is not disarming hezbollah or something like that but to occupy and annex south lebanon up to the litani river.

yeah, because it worked so well the first time. keep digging buddy.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yeah, unfortunately for the people circulating the picture, that's not a picture of Hezbollah members.

It's been discussed before on this forum, and I was going to post there but couldn't find the thread. I recently saw those pics debunked pretty convincingly on another forum. Turns out the guys on the AA gun are actually probably Christian Phalangists in Beirut. The middle pic might actually be a Hezbollah guerilla, but not the guys on the AA gun.

Notice anything unusual about those guys, for supposed Shiite extremists?

Where's the beards? At least two or three of those guys are cleanshaven, and the guy in front only has a moustache.

While involved in some kind of operation that involves going undercover (like 9-11), radical Muslims are given special dispensation to shave their beards. Otherwise it's strictly haraam (forbidden) among the fundamentalist Islamic set.

Besides that, the guy in the black shirt, up top? He appears to be wearing an Orthodox Cross on a pendant around his neck. Seems to me that's a pretty good hint he's not Hezbollah.

Oops. Someone was a bit careless with their propaganda pics, seems to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Because storing weapons in holes in the ground exposes them to the elements (bad) and you also have to hide the launchers.

Actually, I am not sure on this... Countries like Egypt and Lebanon have a very low humidity level and it rarely rains. However, I am not an expert in the field of weaponry.

How insurgents store their weapons in Iraq:

Acting on a tip, Iraqi Army soldiers and Coalition Forces carefully searched the cemetery and found caches in grave spots adorned with both head and foot markers.

"We went over the area very carefully with mine detectors," explained Agnone, "and that led us to the sites. We were very careful and didn't disturb any civilian graves in the process."

All that excavatiing is bound to attract attention. Plus they are out in the open, subject to accidental discovery. And they are typically good for one time only.

They are not protected from Israeli air raids, tho. The Israelis now have bunker buster bombs which can easily destroy them.

Depends on where they hide their weaponry. They might hide them outside towns, which makes unlikely to be discovered accidentally by civilians, and unlikely to be discovered by Israeli forces. The IDF might have bunker busters, but even then they'll still have to detect the ammunition caches prior to be able to take them out.

Originally posted by RedGolem

Even if they are being hid in a home and they know which one it is they half to hit the right building. From what I have read the missles are being launched from towns, so then Isreal comes back with an attack and destroys part or all of the town.

If the missles were being hidden in a hole some where out side of towns why not launch them some distance away from the towns also?

And whom claims Hezbollah fires its missiles from populated areas only? Right, the IDF claims it, don't you think they use propaganda to achieve their goals? Everyone does, so does Israel. Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sure they do fire their missiles from populated areas, but how often? Personally, I think the majority of the missiles they fire are being fired from unpopulated areas.

Besides, Katyushas can be stored in residential houses, but most of their other, more advanced missiles cannot be stored, they are far too big. So where do they store those particular missiles then?

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Mdv2]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join