It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculatory Paradigm Shift. A view of Reality.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
When you're astral projecting or dreaming, time can pass by at a totally different pace than in physical reality.

Just a little metaphysics in the equation there...

I'm a little ignorant about the astral projecting, but you are right about the dreaming one, time sure goes by faster when i am sleeping.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
quote:

"The possibility of reduced-time interstellar travel either by advanced extraterrestrial civilizations at present or ourselves in the future, is not fundamentally constrained by physical principles."
-- Dr. Harold Puthoff (Director, Institute for advanced studies at Austin, Author of fundamentals of Quantum Electronics)

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
IMO time is not a one way street. Everything happens at the same moment. It's just our focus that shifts, which creates the illusion of time. When you're astral projecting or dreaming, time can pass by at a totally different pace than in physical reality.

Just a little metaphysics in the equation there...

[edit on 8-8-2006 by TheBandit795]

That may be the tie that binds. For example we can travel back in time using our minds. Not our bodies per se. So in a sense we can travel through time. Add the concept of "astral projection" for lack of a better word, and you have another form of travel, both though time and space. These forms or travel seem to be relative safe in terms of avoiding the paradox's and contaminating a time line. But I wonder if in the future or in some secret goverment facility, has this been enhanced and expanded upon?

I've heard about this concept before, and someone who also has the enhanced ability to "astral project". He refers to that highway or plane or dimension as the "universal consciencesnous" A place were all knowledge that was, and is known, or will be known is available to the skilled traveler.

He seems to view time as more spherical and less like an "arrow". I cannot pretend to understand what he does, or many of the things he says. I can only intuit some things as feeling right or logical.

And one is this concept of Time. Myself and most on this planet are stuck in a linear existence, living one moment to the next. The idea of something more 3 dimensional in reference to time and travel, opens up a whole new multiverse of possiblities. Many of which my mind can not handle.

Right now, my gut tells me, I am limited by my perceptions and selective observation filter. The human mind is either missing a key component to understanding a greater truth, or maybe we simply are not wired to see the bigger picture.

I don't know, but I like to ponder those idea's non-the-less.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join