It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell New york is gonna feel like 120o!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I been seeing the new (the weather) and they said it was gonna at least reach 105o and is gonna feel like 120o! What the hell is going on with the weather lately can anyone tell me that. Is the globleaffect is near?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yeah, it's been hot as HELL in Chicago too.

But is this the right forum for this?

I just noticed where it was at when I replied.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i would definatly say wrong forem, but never fear a helpfull moderator will move it to fragile earth soon

it has been extreemly hot in ontario as well a couple thermometers here were at about 105 f, plus humidex. even though they gave a lower temp on the news. we have hit high temps before and will again i'm sure.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
naked in nyc n sweating/cooking in a 'Heavenly Way' at 3 AM 8/2... hey Mech that 'chick' in ur avartar is hoooooooooooootooooooooooooooooooooo omg ...its goddess weather

Lolove n luck n good sex/emotions/passions/health... ave maria ! with a rose on her ear !
Infinity

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It hit 34.5 today with a humidex of 48.
I had to install another airconditioner just to increase the demand on the hydro infrastructure.

Global warming in Ontario.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
everyone see the front thats coming in after the heat wave !!!
thats what im worried about.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Yes, it's very hot in NYC (where I live) and yes this is the wrong forum....anyway the only thing I care about now is the electricity situation. I'm just praying my power stays on and my A/C keeps working...some people in my building lost power for a while today and I got a scare when mine went out, but luckly came back on in just a matter of a few minutes. And tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I love aussie.
we can have 41oC (107oF)

sure we swet, sure its hot.. but its a great excuse to crank a barbie and pull out the eskie of beer,

pull out the kids paddle pool, fill er up.. and sit with our a55es in the water, our legs and arms hanging over the side, with beer's bobbing in the water around us..

enjoy the heat guys.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Beer....Dont know if its gonna cool me off enough, I need to chill some vodka or freeze
some fruit and make some sangrea.

I saw on channel 2 tonight that some manhole covers are actually spewing smoke because the copper is frying...this was in of course..........drum roll.....Astoria, Queens.
Im sure con ed has their ass kissing statements prepared for the coming days...LOL

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Thats what im worried about the powerloss. I have ac es in every room and i live in the Bronx i know mostly everybody in the BX has an ac and if its that hot latter on i know that the power is gonna go out cuz its hot like hell
If the power goes out in the Bronx I'm gonna go right outside to the pump and let the water out like if i was 10 years old again! LMAO

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The last time the power went out in N.Y.C in the Bronx where i live, my power was out for atleast 4 days. Without water either. (i live in a apt) People went crazy at night NY the city that never sleeps, people around my area started to get their cars meet up at a spot and leave their car headlights on and when they left they put the garbage on fire i was in the 13 floor and it was reaching almost to my floor. Thats why im worried now cause who knows what is gonna happen we might just lose power.
imbalanced where did you get that from and when is this gonna take place!
It seems like the worst is yet to come!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The front is coming through on wensday/thursday. Itll probably be nasty.
I just finished cleaning the yard from the last one, but i got a kick ass
chain saw, so i am ready to go !!!

Havnet seen any problems in the boogie down bronx dude. I saw the man hole thing on channel 2 news. But it was in queens, for some reason con ed has trouble getting the power to the island. I dont think you will have any power outage. But with all the hype from this so called "heat wave" people might freak and blast AC's in which a power outage would ensue. Not to panic though, con ed is the one thats feeling really hot right now. If there are large power outages, then we all will be effected, even up here in the sticks !

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I have a studio apt. in Manhattan and still pay a fortune to ConEd...I can't even imagine what they make from those huge midtown buildings! You'd think they'd have enough money to upgrade their system! :shk:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They say the powerloss happen because of the heat! I mean wtf are they thinking is that even possible?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA
They say the powerloss happen because of the heat! I mean wtf are they thinking is that even possible?

Well of course it's happening because of the heat since everyone has their A/C on max and the grid can't handle it.

[edit on 8/2/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
time for us all to take a trip!!

weather.yahoo.com...

don't know what all you guys are complaining about, I'm in an upstairs apartment with no air conditioner! I actually look forward to going to work!! they have air!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkYNeTUSA

Everything electrical needs to be cooled and that goes double for the infrastructure. Ever see an electrical substation? If you look closely you can see that the transformers are have fins and are filled with oil to help keep them cool. High tension power lines have oil circulating inside them to keep them cool. What has been happening lately is that the insulation has been melting off of aged or poorly specified power lines. A little insulation melts - *boom* - short circuit and the entire area goes black.

Two maybe three years ago, here in 'Jersey they were using fire-trucks and sprinklers to cool down certain substations that had begun to get too hot. Every once and a while a transformer will get hot enough to boil the oil inside and when that happens all hell breaks loose. The vapor from the oil is highly flammable and once enough oil evaporates to allow an internal short in the transformer, you get a very loud explosion followed by a pretty bad fire and a large scale power outage.

Jon

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's 6am here and it's 83F (28C)...this is insane, I thought we were supposed to have cool summers.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Just think if its 86o now, how is it gonna be at 12 noon?

top topics

join