It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relic hunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hey, i made another post along time ago, about deciding where to go on a vacation! In 9 hours i will be leaving for Granada Spain.

Im going to be going to some interesting sights and also hunting through middle eastern markets for some interesting looking Relics! When i get back in a weeks time ill try and post some pics of what i got and where ive been!

In other maters, I have another account for ATS that is enigma12321, and ilost my password, and forgot what email i used to register it... help any1?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigma333
Im going to be going to some interesting sights and also hunting through middle eastern markets for some interesting looking Relics! When i get back in a weeks time ill try and post some pics of what i got and where ive been!

Just a question... Isn't it strictly against the export laws in some countries to take certain objects - such as "relics" - out of the country? You know objects that may have certain historical value? Not saying it is, just a general question...

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Watch out for those Monkeys paws, I hear they can lead to all kinds of trouble!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Gemwolf, you would be right.

Most Nation's have strict laws on the export of historical goods. Most places which sell them are either: illegal or fakes.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The "relic sellers" generally sell fakes of varying quality. There's ways to get your hands on the genuine stuff, but (unless it's something very common) it can be terribly expensive. I own a few pieces of faience from Egypt (2,600 years old) and bought them (legitimately) from a retired archaeologist.

I know you can collect a small number of fossils in some countries.

But replicas are fun. I've got some replicas of old whistles from Costa Rica.. cute little things and authentic looking, but really quite fake.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ok so i got back, and i guess i should have been clearer "relics" or artifacts/antiques was more what i was getting at. Camera is not working but im going to make another thread displaying all the stuff i have and see if people can identify it! If any1 has AIm i think i can send em some pics now
my AIM is Nickman1312
I was just a stop away from where the terrorist stuff happened 0o

new topics

top topics

join