It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How'z this for a REAL MAN?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Erik the Red skipper 'Iceman' kills shark with bare hands
October 24, 2003

An Icelandic fishing captain, known as "the Iceman" for his tough character, grabbed a 300 kg shark with his bare hands as it swam in shallow water towards his crew, a witness said today.
The skipper of the trawler "Erik the Red" was on a beach in Kuummiit, east Greenland, watching his crew processing a catch when he saw the shark swimming towards the fish blood and guts - and his men.
Captain Sigurdur Petursson, known to locals as "the Iceman", ran into the shallow water and grabbed the shark by its tail. He dragged it off to dry land and killed it with his knife.
"He caught it just with his hands. There was a lot of blood in the sea and the shark came in and he thought it was dangerous," Frede Kilime, a hunter and fisherman who watched from the beach, told Reuters by phone from Greenland.
Icelandic author and journalist Reynir Traustason, who knows the trawler captain, said the act was typical of the man.
"He's called 'the Iceman' because he isn't scared of anything," he said. "I know the people in that part of the world. They are really tough."
www.smh.com.au...

This guy would've kicked the boat captain Quint's a$$ in Jaws!!

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by jezebel]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bah, on America's Funniest Home Videos, I saw a guy's dog jump off the boat, bite a shark, and then drag it to shore!!! That was some kind of dog!!! So, I'm not as impressed with our little Viking, hehe...

Seriously, interesting story...what a nut!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, Gazrok, I must say that if I saw a dog drag a 600lb shark out of the water & kill it I would be quite amazed myself.
I still can't believe that nobody else found this guy just incredibly badass, though!! I mean, up until I saw this story, I'd only seen this kind of thing in the movies.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
Well, Gazrok, I must say that if I saw a dog drag a 600lb shark out of the water & kill it I would be quite amazed myself.
I still can't believe that nobody else found this guy just incredibly badass, though!! I mean, up until I saw this story, I'd only seen this kind of thing in the movies.

Crazy yeah badass nah, maybe he's just a showoff.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
the best sea story has to be when a sea side town discovers a dead beached whale on the shore. they figure its to heavy to move with the largest forklift they have so what do they do? they Blow it up with dinomyte! little did they know that they were too close and when they blew it up, all the whale blubber that went up came down right on top of them damaging cars and other nearby brick-a-brack

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
and where is PETA tod efend the shark?

(not that i care i just love how they go after companies, never one person, shows where their hearts truly lie)

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yea real bad ass (]Not) i saw the interview with this guy 1 the shark was't that dangerous
2 he grab it in shallow water

he even said it was easy to catch because of those reasons

now lets see him grab a great white in deep water and watch his head get ripped off

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
the best sea story has to be when a sea side town discovers a dead beached whale on the shore. they figure its to heavy to move with the largest forklift they have so what do they do? they Blow it up with dinomyte! little did they know that they were too close and when they blew it up, all the whale blubber that went up came down right on top of them damaging cars and other nearby brick-a-brack

I used to have that clip on my computer. It was hilarious!! As funny as it would have been to see it happen in real life, I'm glad I wasn't there.

new topics

top topics

join