It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosicrucians Hold Conclave at Oceanside, CA Headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Starting this past Sunday and continuing through August 6th, the Rosicrucian Fellowship is holding its annual conclave.

The weeklong meeting will bring together all national and international members to the headquarters, called Mount Ecclesia, at 2222 Mission Ave., and also answers questions for anyone interested in learning more about their philosophies.

Formally constituted in 1909 and physically founded in 1911 by a Dane named Max Heindel, this group of mystic Christians differs from the clandestine Rosicrucian (Rose Cross) religious order referenced in author Dan Brown's "Da Vinci" novel.

Rosicrucian teaching emphasizes improvement of character and how to use the power of positive thought in order to have a successful life. "If we change our mental attitudes, we can change a lot of things," said Danielle Chavalarias, vice president of the Rosicrucian Fellowship in Oceanside.. "We can change our environment."

Sounds pretty benign to me. I'm not familiar at all with Rosicrucianism, but it seems odd to me that two different groups with different ideologies and objectives would have the same name.

This group of Rosicrucians seems to have a somewhat gnostic approach to Christianity.

"The Rosicrucian Philosophy is entirely Christian, striving to make religion a living factor in the land and lead to Christ those who cannot find Him by faith alone. To accomplish this end we present a definite, logical and sequential teaching concerning the origin, evolution, and future development of the world and man, showing both the spiritual and scientific aspects: a teaching which makes no statements that are not supported by reason and logic. Our aim is to enable people to accept the Christian doctrines through the medium of esoteric knowledge."

To fully achieve a healthy mind-body-spirit connection, members also study astrology, the arts, and science. Part of their annual conclave will include discussions and workshops on topics from Shakespeare's works, to spirituality in the workplace, to life after death, and solar nutrition, along with viewing films such as "What Dreams May Come" and "What the 'Bleep' Do We Know?"

link

Anybody with more background in these matters than I care to provide some perspective on this? I'd appreciate it.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here's some relevant info:

What is Gnosis?

One thing anyone who seriously studies esoterism will discover is that the underlying science, though never explained openly, is unalterable; all true initiates agree on the essential nature of the science and art, regardless of their tradition or even what century they lived in. Hermes Trismegistus, Moses, St. Augustine, Homer, King Solomon, the Buddha Shakyamuni, the Indian Tantric Master Padmasambhava, Mohammed, Eliphas Levi, H.P.Blavatsky, the Buddha Maitreya, Rudolf Steiner, Swami Shivananda, Nicolas Flamel, Basil Valentine, Master Moira, Max Heindel, Paracelsus, Arnold Krumm Heller, Dion Fortune, and Samael Aun Weor, writers and mystics that span the last three thousand years, all agree, all describe the exact same science, though they use different symbols and dialects. And this science is exactly the same in the mysteries of Eleusis, the Aztecs, the Maya, the Chaldeans, the Essenes, etc.

Rosicrucianism and Gnosticism are actually inseperable.

A.M.O.R.C. School of California

At a particular point in (I believe) the 18th century, the Rosecrucian Order became totally secret, vanishing completely from the face of earth. Perhaps with some very secret exponents in the physical plane, their schools and temples submerged within the Jinn state.
The Order of the Rose Cross (Rosecrucians) were completely Gnostic, following all of the precepts and mandates of the Universal White Lodge. Yet at this particular point, they disappeared. Many other orders sprung up, some which were mandated by the White Lodge and others which seemed positive but were really just a disguise for the Black Lodge.
It was said that no order should take the name of Rosecrucian, as this would be a phallacy and disprove that particular order because the Rosecrucians were to return once more to fulfill a mission.
Many orders sprung up, using this name. None of them were the true Rosecrucian Order, especially AMORC. AMORC teaches legitimate black magic and nothing more.
Dr Arnold Krumm Heller (Master Huiracocha) was given the authority to come to a certain part of the world in order to establish the Order of the Rose Cross once more... He went to South America were he established the FRA, The Ancient Rosecrucian Fraternity. There of course, we know that the boddhisatva of Samael was trained in esotericism as a young man.
Since then, the great Gnostic order of Samael Aun Weor has been and will be the inheretors of the Rosecrucian secret, the custodians of the Holy Grail, and the Knights of the Temple.
That is the way the White Lodge works in humanity, so that the teachings will be preserved. Sometimes the teachings are preserved in secret to protect humanity (from the corruption of the true teachings) and other times, like now, the teachings are given in public, preserved only by those who strive to preserve and cultivate the doctrine in themselves.
AMORC is the antithesis to the true Rosecrucian Order.

But we can really only verify any of this for ourselves, through our own direct experience or Gnosis.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the response.

Now, is this conclave in Oceanside I posted about affiliated with AMORC? I live near there and was thinking about checking out the place during the public access period, but I don't want anything to do with Black Lodges.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
never been inside myself, but i used to take my first daughter on walks there back in '97. imagine my surprise of this thread
i feel like the World Wide Web just got a little bit smaller...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Thanks for the response.

Now, is this conclave in Oceanside I posted about affiliated with AMORC?

Not at all.

The second link I posted is in reference to The Order of the Rose Cross in general.

The first link is implying that Max Heindel's group is in alignment with the teachings of the White Lodge(or at least was when he was around).

Notice that Max Heindel never called his Rosicrucian Fellowship the actual "Order of the Rose Cross" or "Rosicrucian Order", because he knew that his school was only influenced by it, and was not the actual Order itself.

Meaning that he didn't lie about it like the A.M.O.R.C.

Max Heindel's books are good, however you may want to find a Gnostic-Lumisial, as the modern Gnostic Movement is more precise in their explanation of Alchemy(which is found in the Christian Gospels).

For example:

The Gnosis of Easter

...Max Heindel stated the following:

“When the Savior Christ Jesus was crucified, His body was pierced in five places, in the five centers where the currents of the vital body flow; and the pressure of the crown of thorns caused a flow from the sixth also. (This is a hint to those who already know these currents. A full elucidation of this matter cannot be publicly given out at this time.)

“When the blood flowed from these centers, the great Sun-spirit (the Cosmic) Christ was liberated from the physical vehicle of Jesus and found Himself in the Earth, with individual vehicles. The already existing planetary vehicles He permeated with His own vehicles and, in the twinkling of an eye, diffused His own Desire body over the planet, which has enabled Him thenceforth to work upon the Earth and its humanity from within.

“At that moment a tremendous wave of spiritual sunlight flooded the Earth. It rent the veil which the Race-spirit had hung before the Temple to keep out all but the chosen few, and it made the Path of Initiation free thenceforth to whomsoever will. So far as concerned the Spiritual Worlds, this wave transformed the conditions of the Earth like a flash of lightning, but the dense, concrete conditions are, of course, much more slowly affected.

“Like all rapid and high vibrations of light, this great wave blinded the people by its dazzling brilliance, therefore it was said that "the Sun was darkened." The very opposite was what actually occurred. The Sun was not darkened, but shone out in glorious splendor. It was the excess of light that blinded the people, and only as the entire Earth absorbed the desire body of the bright Sun-spirit did the vibration return to a more normal rate.”

However, Max Heindel did not reach the “High Initiation” therefore, he could not clarify this event very well, yet, I Samael Aun Weor, Master of Major Mysteries can clarify this mystery as follows:

When the Bible relates the event of Golgotha, it affirms:

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. - Luke, chapter 23: 44-46

So, when the gospel affirms that there was darkness over all of the earth in the moment in which the Lord gave up the ghost, it is simply portraying a truthful and real spiritual fact that is repeated within any Initiate that reaches the High initiation. In the moment when the human being becomes united with his Innermost, he remains submerged within the profound darkness of the infinite, thus illuminating himself with his own spiritual fuel; the light that was illuminating him within all of the cosmic planes and within the entire infinite was a borrowed light, that light that nourished him was the light of the Gods; they were his spiritual parents who nourished him with such a light. Now, he has to nourish others with his own light. The Gods were nourishing him, were taking care of him, were illuminating him and feeding him in the same way that a mother does with the fruit of her womb, while her child grows and becomes capable to work and to be a cognizant citizen. So, once he is capable of becoming self-reliant, he no longer is in need of his parents.

Therefore, the one who becomes joined to his Innermost is already an older brother capable of illuminating himself with his own spiritual fuel, extracted from the Tree of the Science of Good and Evil; thus, from within him, the Gods remove their light, with which they were nourishing him during his state of spiritual gestation within the bosom of the Blessed Mother of the World.

Thus, when the human being is born to a spiritual life, he becomes a cognizant citizen of the cosmos; then, he has to illuminate himself with his own spiritual fuel.

During the first days after the High Initiation, the Master feels that nostalgia that the adolescent feels when is abandoned for the first time from his paternal care and he feels alone within the great cities in search for a job in order to get bread. Now, there are no considerations for him; now, only strange faces where “everyone is for their own,” where everyone has to rely on himself.

So, one experiences the Golgotha of High Initiation in the body of bones and flesh. Judas is never absent in this personal event, as well as Mary Magdalene or Peter; thus, in the complete Calvary the disciple feels abandoned by his own Innermost and the world no longer grants any attraction whatsoever onto him. This is when the Initiate, filled with pain, exclaims to his Father: “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

So, the Initiate has to live his own Golgotha and to repeat the life of Christ within himself, thus when his soul becomes united with his Innermost he resurrects within the internal worlds...

Samael Aun Weor wasn't being conceited there either, as he is always referring to his Real Inner Being being the Initiate, and not his personality.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, that makes perfect sense to me, and I find it greatly appealing.

Thank you again for sharing your insight into the matter.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here's a nice read:

rosicrucianzine.tripod.com...

Enjoy.

new topics

top topics

join