It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No kidding-the hopscotch police.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just had to laugh and shake my head in amazement at this report from the Daily Mail in the UK. This story was reprinted here in Australia?

A police force has defended the deployment of a community support officer to a report that teenagers had drawn "too many" hopscotch grids on a pavement.
West Midlands Police said the officer's mission was part of a drive to stamp out anti-social behaviour in the Halesowen area.

link to article here

If playing hopscotch is anti-social behaviour then heaven help the kids playing marbles

they do suggest that one of the parents called them, but really i hope no one in that area was getting there car pinched or their house broken into at the time, you'd be bloody livid.
were not immune to over officious policing here either at the moment, in fact it seems to be getting progressively worse. an industrial waste bin set on fire near my work the other night and four police cars and two fire trucks in attendance while elderly residents are too scared to leave their homes at night. what's it like in your neck of the woods. has the world gone mad.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
okay now

so chalk on sidewalk and jumping active kids is a bad thing??? Lemme guess they rather these kids stay inside and play video games and watch tv instead of playing hopscotch. Wow!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hey WW, thats what it seems like, i mean im in for some serious jail time if they start policing this here, i have four daughters under ten and they all love to play hopscotch.
Guess i'll have to lock them away a bit earlier than i anticipated, i was going to wait until they were teens

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
thats very funny Mojo

As I'm from the another side of the West Midlands I thought I might type something in response to this madness, its going on all over the UK, Bored Chavs and Hoodies brought about the ASBO generation and now the goverment and police use these ASBOs to try and control everything and everybody under the age of 18!!!
They can ban people from meeting up on the street, dispersile orders if they form crowds. I honestly think that these ASBOs are going a bit to far.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, I for sure wouldn't want the path outside my house covered in chalkmarks. They can play hopscotch but just don't get over-zealous with the 'ol chalk. Maybe the kids have records of anti-social behaviour.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Well, I for sure wouldn't want the path outside my house covered in chalkmarks. They can play hopscotch but just don't get over-zealous with the 'ol chalk. Maybe the kids have records of anti-social behaviour.

Really, all it takes is a bit of rain and it washes away, believe me i know. Id certainly prefer a few chalk marks on the pavement instead of aerosol graffitti on my fence.
Maybe they did have records for anti-social behaviour but on this occasion they were playing hopscotch. and the point is, dont you think the police time would be better spent chasing down actual bad guy's than telling off a couple of 14yr olds for drawing a hopscotch board on the pavement.

top topics

join