It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calming Down Anger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Boy I will tell you sometimes its real hard for me to relax. In this angry fight infested world how is someone suppose to not only sane but relax.
The best way so far for me is, Imagine I am up on the moon in a recliner, or rocking chair or something comfortable. I look down on the world and realize that I don't have to get caught up in the worlds problems.

I would appriciate any other ways for relaxing. Meditation works for me, but you know how it is, it just seems there is never enought time for it.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I just smoke a big doob and everything doesnt matter. My pants could be on fire but who cares.

brill

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I just go and Shoot my Airsoft gun at some cans

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I randomly powerbomb passing midgets, and or dorfs.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yea, midgets are a good outlet. Just kidding.

Sometimes...:shk:

The one thing about a latin temper is you can only get pushed far enough and then

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
I just smoke a big doob and everything doesnt matter. My pants could be on fire but who cares.

I prefer Valium in this case

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by brill

I prefer Valium in this case
We MUST meet

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
you should be like micheal douglas in the movie rampage. take a tec-9 and have some fun around town.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Rampage?

or

Falling Down?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Take a long walk, do breathing excersizes, rollar blade, things like that. Don't overdo it cuz adrenaline might make you exert yourself. A nice brisk walk is best IMO.

Either that or Play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and go on a rampage with cheat codes turned on. That works too.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Klonopin always does the trick for me

Seriously though, if meds aren't an option, my therapist taught me this great breathing technique for anxiety attacks (I imagine it has the same effect on anger)...

Find a comfy chair. Make sure your legs are uncrossed and your feet are touching the floor. Also, have your hands resting on the armchair or in your lap.

Now, close your eyes and take deep breaths, in and out. Focus on nothing but your breathing for a minute or so.

Next, bring your focus to your body. Deeply concentrate, one at a time, how your body is touching the chair, how it feels. Do this also with your feet and the floor, hands it lap, etc.

After that, slowly focus to the sounds in the room. The air conditioner, the fans, any backround noises (although you want to make sure distracting things like music and tv are turned off).

Finally, go back to your breathing. Focus on breathing in and out again for a few minutes, then slowly open your eyes. That's it. It should only take about 4-5 minutes.

Of course if all else fails, watching a funny show or cartoon seems to help too.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
idk either way it was awesome. Micheal Douglas rocks the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Exercise and meditation is good for temper.

Anger is always a secondary emotion. It's there to act as an impetus for change.

If something makes me angry, I try to change either the circumstances or if I'm powerless to do that - my reaction to it.

Failing all that I scream at the top of my lungs into my pillow and then pound the crap out of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I like to go here:

www.meditainment.com...

Try it...you'll like it...its sooooo good that it takes me a few minutes to come out of it!!!

top topics

join