It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staged UFO Disclosure Imminent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomra
Nice thread!

IMHO, i´m under the impression that not even this board is ready for disclosure. I´m also under the impression that as soon as someone throws in some bold ideas the cavalery comes into the scene slashing down any attempt to see what hides under the table, with all the respect to ALL the board members here, there´s some bright thinking on this board (yes, i honestly think so!), this is not an easy topic to deal with and most certainly not easy to grasp for anyone.

A typical situation from the real world out there...last saturday i briefly came into talk with a girl while having a cigarette outside. I happen to mention a couple of theories regarding the moon, you know, just too see the reaction...oh boy did i get more than i bargained for. See looked me deep into the eyes and asked me, "are you doing drugs?". I said "of course not, never done any, just thinking out loud alternative theories *well known* to a part of the population. I left pretty quickly. Not to fond of the idea of spending the rest of the night in a padded wagon.

Next time any of you give it a try and you´ll find out exactly how ready the world is for a disclosure!

I´m all for those who say that disclosure happens this very day...on a one to one basis. It´s the only way to do it, sneak it in the backdoor quietly. Concerning goverments, he he, if this turns out to be the truth i really think they are beeing handed their hat. ET runs the show on this one.

Well i know the feeling. But i do discuss UFO's and Ailens at work, but i do it by cracking a few jokes first and then when people feel more comfortable i start off by discussing Roswell and later on move to other stuff. Surprisingly my tactic has worked and i have got several people at work thinking and talking more openly about the subject. Of course you have to be careful and people know i enjoy watching sci fi and that my favourite shows are Space 1999 and of course Star Trek (40 years this Septemeber yay !) and i have written a couple of fan fics relating to those shows. But they respect me for my more serious line of thinking and they know that i take alot of the conspiracy theories with a pinch of salt. The clincher as far as UFO sightings i use is the one that took place in 1978/9 in New Zealand where the shape shifting UFO was caught not only on camera but also on radar, and experienced commerical airline pilots were at a loss to explain what is was. It was definetely not Venus or fishing boat lights ! People who tend to ignore and laugh off the subject before giving it some serious consideration are in self denial. Yes there is alot of fake stuff flying around and hoaxes, but not everything is. Also as far as public acceptance goes, well the subject is not such a taboo subject anymore. Just look at all the stuff comming out of Hollywood, Independence Day for example, ET, Close Encounters, some would say this is a grooming of the world population into accepting the idea that we are not alone.

Sorry for going slightly off a tangent here!! But i do think given the amount of "exposure" to Ailens and UFO's with movies like Independence Day and also more and more planets being found every few months by scientists, and perhaps most interestingly the whoo haa over SETI of recent weeks the conditions are right for a staged disclosure.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree with some posts here but Ill tell you why I dont think ET's would make themselves known to the public. First off if they are here since 1949(probably way before that) they've been watching *damn* imagine seeing all our wars, famine, death and destruction?? what do you think they are thinking? Well lets see they make contact give us the cures to all deseases wipe out hunger and give us new technology ie propulsion, zero point energy and change our whole understanding of physics.

We would take that technology and make faster (and stealthier Bombers) we would go and fight over the moon and mars as our next territories and the countries will disagree on space and other planets colonizations and of course in the end well go to WAR! and with our new technology we will blow our whole solar system up! The Government may have other reasons why they do not disclose this info but Im sure thats a good reason why the aliens havent landed anywhere as of today.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
my personal take on all this is that we will continue to get declassified tapes and documents from the government, but we will never hear them say "Sorry...We lied about Roswell".

I makes perfect sense to me. You leak out information to those who can handle it while still leaving just enough doubt so that the others can continue living their lives with the knowledge that they are on the top rung of the evolutionary ladder.

[edit on 8-8-2006 by Stevo_Devo]

<< 1   >>

join