It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How high is your u2u quota? Anyone can do this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
well yea, i just bought my 550 quota, hahaha i send alot of messages how bout you guys and staff anyone hahahaha, its pretty fun hahahaha.

Who can top my quota hahah, but anyone really just feel free to open up and let it out.... hahaha

its like u2uers anonymouse help clinic hahaha

so lets

ps: a u2u is the messaging system on ATS in your memcenter.

Tip:Yea I just want to add a tip for everyone you can delete your messages and all that and go all the way back to your first ever u2u message.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hmmm... 550?

Do you really need THAT many??

Of course if you plan to be away for a while, that may be the way to go.

I have 750, btw.

But I only keep important ones, the rest I trash.

I have right now only 27 saved u2u's and my inbox and outbox are currently empty.

But it's there, in case I am ever unable to reply to them right away, due to yet unforseen circumstances.

Recently, during the "final answer to everything..." game, my u2u count swelled to over 150. During one point, I was getting u2u's faster than I could reply to them, while also trying to keep up with the thread. I even had to make a posting asking the other participants to stop sending me u2u's, so I could catch up with the backlog of unread u2u's.

Moral of the story, better to have extra, than not enough.

[edit on 8/1/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I’ve been here 2+ years and have not had the need to top 50. I clean out my U2U’s once every 3 days, and I‘ve never had 50 U2U’s in three days. And I don’t see a need to save U2U.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
sent you a U2U.

juss fo fun!

:|

:/

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You have 2315 total U2U's. Your quota is 2250.

Don't ask me how that works

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My quota is 50.

Over 1,000 u2u's is a lot. Do you ever delete them?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yeah as moderators we get A LOT of u2u's. One is generated (almost) every time we take an action on the board. We receive tons of help type u2u's from members dealing with all sorts of issues. One issue could take an exchange of 6 u2u's. Not to mention messages from other staff members and so on.

Personally I delete all my mail routinely. I have space for about 2000 but hardly ever allow my total to go over say 500.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow,
I purchased an extra hundred to be on the safe side, but have yet to reach my initial 50.

It must show that even on forums I'm too introverted for my own good.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have 48 out of 50 but I've never thought about buying more space. Don't get that many U2U's anyhow.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infoseeker

Over 1,000 u2u's is a lot. Do you ever delete them?

Actually, I've deleted a lot of u2us. But it takes time to clean up. I want to be sure I don't ever need them again before I delete them. But I move them from my inbox and Outbox over to the "saved" box. If there are many u2us in the inbox, the member center take longer time to load and it also stresses the server more than when they are placed in the "saved" box.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You have 1159 total U2U's. Your quota is 1250.

:w:

and yep i delete lol,

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hahaha

I never knew deleting your posts would ever do anything, hahaha i thought i just had to keep buying new quotas hahahha

o that is very nice for me hahahaha

Iam just a little

hahahaha

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragster

I never knew deleting your posts would ever do anything, hahaha i thought i just had to keep buying new quotas

I know you meant u2u's where you said posts, but what were thinking??
That it was all a trap to keep you buying more??

I originally thought that you had increased your u2u quota due to you going on vacation, and not knowing if you would have 'net access there.

So, how many u2u's did you have at your maximum?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
hahaha yea you are right hahhaa

so its at 550 now, bu ti only hav like 200 saved u2u's hahah
Iam crazy

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm new here so I have only 50 so far.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
hey pardise welcome, and wuzzzzzup!!!!!!! its BTS

Anyways I found out buddy you do not have to keep wasting points on new quotas, all you have to do is just delete your current u2u messages and save the ones you want, you will stay below 50 for while, I wasted hmmm, 550 is my quota now, so 100 u2u's per buy, at 250points x 5..... well a little less than 1500 points, and I only have like 200 saved u2u's so..... hahahaha its crazy crazy

[edit on 2-8-2006 by ragster]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My quota is only 50. I am not popular so I hardly get any u2u's.
I'm going to go in my corner now and sulk in my lonliness

Just kidding.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

top topics

join